Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

You know what really grinds my gears... (1 Viewer)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
peter griffin family GIF

Gym addition.

1. Person(s) standing 1 foot in front of the dumbbell rack doing single arm hammer curls with 15 lbs and blocking the rest of the dumbbells. Quit being an oblivious asshole and back up.
2. Person(s) That can't put their weights back correctly or reset their benches. Nice job asshole.
3. Person(s) flexing in front of the gym mirror and taking pictures. Toolshed.
4. Person(s) that wear ridiculous, revealing clothing not meant for that size of person. No one is interested in seeing your FUPA, or your ponch hanging out. FFS

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
peter griffin family GIF

Gym addition.

1. Person(s) standing 1 foot in front of the dumbbell rack doing single arm hammer curls with 15 lbs and blocking the rest of the dumbbells. Quit being an oblivious asshole and back up.
2. Person(s) That can't put their weights back correctly or reset their benches. Nice job asshole.
4. Person(s) that wear ridiculous, revealing clothing not meant for that size of person. No one is interested in seeing your FUPA, or your ponch hanging out. FFS
I'll add, sweaty dude who doesn't wipe down his bench or machine when he's done.

and

Bro sitting on his phone simping on instagram whores for 4 minutes between every set.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Similar to my airport complaint, the gym is not fucking social hour.

1. Dudes need to stop hitting on women at the gym. I’ve got 2 guys at the PF I go to that routinely hold things up, because they’ll have weights up at the bench and keep stepping away to have conversations with some female. Always looks awkward AF and you can tell the chick really isn’t feeling it.

2. I don’t know wtf it is about my face that makes old people ignore my headphones and lack of eye contact and think, “this dude is ready to chop it up for 10 minutes.” Yesterday I’m on a damn treadmill and this guy (probably in his 70s) walks up and asks me about my hoodie from a lodge at upper red lake and asked me the last time I’ve been up there.

Man I’ve got this incline maxed out and I’m at 4mph and rolling up on 20 minutes - you’re delusional if you think my lungs are capable of a conversation right now.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Similar to my airport complaint, the gym is not fucking social hour.

1. Dudes need to stop hitting on women at the gym. I’ve got 2 guys at the PF I go to that routinely hold things up, because they’ll have weights up at the bench and keep stepping away to have conversations with some female. Always looks awkward AF and you can tell the chick really isn’t feeling it.

2. I don’t know wtf it is about my face that makes old people ignore my headphones and lack of eye contact and think, “this dude is ready to chop it up for 10 minutes.” Yesterday I’m on a damn treadmill and this guy (probably in his 70s) walks up and asks me about my hoodie from a lodge at upper red lake and asked me the last time I’ve been up there.

Man I’ve got this incline maxed out and I’m at 4mph and rolling up on 20 minutes - you’re delusional if you think my lungs are capable of a conversation right now.
It should be universal gym code, and everyone should understand it. If I have my earbuds in, leave me the fuck alone. I'm hear to work.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If I can identify you on sight as someone who I can get the rest of my shit in before you get off some machine/rack etc., you should be banned from the gym.

I have 90 minutes at the absolute max in the morning to get my shit in and waiting 30-45 minutes for you to get through your socializing, phone checking, other tomfoolery makes me homicidal

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
peter griffin family GIF

Gym addition.

Preach on brother man!

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
peter griffin family GIF

Gym addition.

#1 and #2 are common and make me want to rage

#3 I’ve never really noticed but people taking videos of themselves is getting to be a bit too common and should be banned at every gym

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
If I can identify you on sight as someone who I can get the rest of my shit in before you get off some machine/rack etc., you should be banned from the gym.

I have 90 minutes at the absolute max in the morning to get my shit in and waiting 30-45 minutes for you to get through your socializing, phone checking, other tomfoolery makes me homicidal
I'm an early am lifter, typically gym by 4:45 ish. Pretty much have 45 minutes to get my work in before I need to shower and help get kids ready for school.

Earlier said female showing her FUPA off and other female accomplished 2-3 sets in about the time I finished. Maddening. Move your ass. At least you weren't using anything I wanted to use.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm an early am lifter, typically gym by 4:45 ish. Pretty much have 45 minutes to get my work in before I need to shower and help get kids ready for school.

Earlier said female showing her FUPA off and other female accomplished 2-3 sets in about the time I finished. Maddening. Move your ass. At least you weren't using anything I wanted to use.
If I see you walk in and think to myself "I have to grab that machine/rack now or I'll just have to skip today.", you're taking too much fucking time. These aren't bodybuilders who are moving 600lbs taking 4 minutes between sets. I don't give a shit how much you lift but if you have no urgency about it what are you even doing?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
My gym is right next to a high school so I often times get what I call high school happy hour and it makes me want to commit a crime
I love when the summer hits and all the teachers/students fuck off for 3 months so I have peace and quiet at 5AM

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
The clown show at gyms from 6pm-8pm on Friday nights while all the bros are getting their pumps on before they go out that night is a fucking nightmare. Zero chance at getting an upper body set of anything in. Get stuck in that situation way too often with getting a little buzzed up at Thursday Night Golf league and hitting the snooze button too many times Friday morning.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The clown show at gyms from 6pm-8pm on Friday nights while all the bros are getting their pumps on before they go out that night is a fucking nightmare. Zero chance at getting an upper body set of anything in. Get stuck in that situation way too often with getting a little buzzed up at Thursday Night Golf league and hitting the snooze button too many times Friday morning.
I've never experienced this but I imagine it's what hell is like

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I'm often bamboozled by it too. Like...you fuckers have a pretty nice gym right fucking there at the school, wtf are you doing here
The phenomena in college at the Rec was always, New Year's Resolutioners flooding the Rec, but gone within 3 weeks. And the 3 weeks before Spring Break...gotta get that beach bod...in 3 weeks.

Buddy I used to lift with a lot in college at the Rec noticed a New Year's Newb one morning. Little feller, he slapped 45's on each side of the bench, and proceeded to get ready to go. Bar came down, not back up, he didn't put any clamps on and dumped the weight before we got there to help. One 45 came off, then the other quickly. BOOM BOOM. He got up, put his 45's away, walked out...never saw him again.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
After 25+ years of working out I have a shit ton of gym peeves. Once you establish yourself as the top alpha in the gym these things work themselves out.

I've heard through the grapevine I'm called "Gym Dad" at my gym among the 20-something and high school crowd. In a good way where the get their shit in line when I'm there. I've learned to engage with the younger crowd who is genuely interested in learning although I have my headphones in. I'm always honest with "I'll talk to you when I'm done with this exercise and weight is unracked. " Most of the time they unload the weight for me. Win win.

1. People who walk between barbell benches or racks or use the weight holders on my piece of equipment mid set. I've had a few close calls of someone walking through and clipping the end of my bar mid set. I flipped out on a kid once because he was loading his bar next to me mid set and nearly backed into my squat decent on a 600+ lb squat.
2. Max effort bench guy/kid, like obviously not going to get it, without a spotter or worse yet a spotter on his phone. Countless times I've pull a bar off a kid's chest because of this.
3. Standing between me and mirror or in those racks that face each other doing a set at the exact same time.
4. Cable crossover machine guy whose entire workout is stationed at the cable crossover. It's the most popular piece of equipment in the gym.
5. Chalk guy who doesn't clean up after himself. This one is one is the top to get a reaction out of me. Regardless if it's passive agressive or flat out ask you to clean your shit up. I need chalk for bench and deadlifts and don't want to lose the privilege of it. My main gym is a YMCA so you can imagine the fine line here. It's allowed but I'm pretty sure I'm the enforcer in getting it cleaned up.

I'm sure people bitch about me because I usually take all the plates within a 10 foot radius of me.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The phenomena in college at the Rec was always, New Year's Resolutioners flooding the Rec, but gone within 3 weeks. And the 3 weeks before Spring Break...gotta get that beach bod...in 3 weeks.

Buddy I used to lift with a lot in college at the Rec noticed a New Year's Newb one morning. Little feller, he slapped 45's on each side of the bench, and proceeded to get ready to go. Bar came down, not back up, he didn't put any clamps on and dumped the weight before we got there to help. One 45 came off, then the other quickly. BOOM BOOM. He got up, put his 45's away, walked out...never saw him again.
I think you have to go into witness protection after an incident like that

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds