Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Gosh I feel really bad for Alabama (1 Viewer)

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Announce before the playoffs at least. Don’t pretend it would be a distraction, if anything would be motivation.
Busy then, doubt he knew he was going to retire at that point. Pretty natural to evaluate after the season is over, make a decision then retire.

December just wouldn't be a good time, just a month of losing recruits as the new HC wouldn't be announced yet.

Personally I think it was done right.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Busy then, doubt he knew he was going to retire at that point. Pretty natural to evaluate after the season is over, make a decision then retire.

December just wouldn't be a good time, just a month of losing recruits as the new HC wouldn't be announced yet.

Personally I think it was done right.
Yeah I'm sure he was being honest when he said he didn't really know if he would retire 5 minutes before his press conference. Sucks for their team but he deserved that option.

Toe

Wide Receiver
oh-no-anyway.jpg

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Every school has to have a plan for how to mitigate roster attrition when losing coaches in the new free transfer environment.

Nebraska made a coaching change and lost players. One of those players went to a rival then had a big game and beat us. (Alante Brown, MSU)

Who is to blame? We didn't do enough to keep him. We weren't able to convince him that Nebraska was still the right place for him. Nobody is talking about changing the rules so that can't happen to us again. It's the new reality. You have to recruit and then re-recruit your roster. What was Alabama's retention plan? Was Alabama complaining when they took Gibbs from Georgia Tech?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds