Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Are we really in the top 10 in NIL ? (1 Viewer)

doublewing

Running Back
I don't know how any serious person could ever think this is true. If they do, they've never ventured out of the state.

NU's alumni network and their collective financial resources don't compare to that of the P5 powers we compete against. Fans made a big deal about boosters like the Peeds, when the Peeds are a big fish in a small pond.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
We might have one of the top 10's sleeziest run NIL programs out there with Matty D taking his cut to support his mouth hug addiction from waitresses at G25. Plus, I'm sure $Dean is getting a cut as well to support his fancy gloves and gym membership.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
We will never know the answer. Without it being public information, no one here has a clue. It's all just guesses.
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
2024 Recruiting rankings are probably pretty true to life NIL rankings. There's a pretty clear line of demarcation after #18

Seems about right...

We don't even have a single player on the Top 100 NIL rankings on Tater Island...so...

whoboppin

Linebacker
NIL is just the scape goat for anything that goes wrong in college football going forward. Nebraska didnt get a recruit, " Other guys are giving him more NIL." Quite annoying IMO.

My thoughts, NIL is only 1 piece of the pie. I'm sure for top guys, the NIL package is more or less the same. At that point it comes down to the same things, player liking the coaches, campus, depth chart, location, etc. And Nebraska is always going to have trouble recruiting a guy in Texas vs UT.

My guess is Nebraska has a really good and competitive NIL package. But you need to keep in perspective of what that means. Nebraska traditionally recruits against, UCLA, Wisconsin, Oklahoma St, MSU, Texas Tech NIL helps when facing off against those types of schools as Nebraska almost certainly has better NIL then them. Then when we face OU, Texas, Michigan, OSU, I dont really think NIL matters as much. Its comes down to the other factors, and Nebrsaka needs to start winning if they are going to be overcome those challenges.

Sure, theoretically, Nebraska could go out and overpay recruits by offering them like x2 of what other schols are offering, but unless Turd starts recruiting Saudi boosters, I don't think that is going to happen.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
NIL is just the scape goat for anything that goes wrong in college football going forward. Nebraska didnt get a recruit, " Other guys are giving him more NIL." Quite annoying IMO.

My thoughts, NIL is only 1 piece of the pie. I'm sure for top guys, the NIL package is more or less the same. At that point it comes down to the same things, player liking the coaches, campus, depth chart, location, etc. And Nebraska is always going to have trouble recruiting a guy in Texas vs UT.

My guess is Nebraska has a really good and competitive NIL package. But you need to keep in perspective of what that means. Nebraska traditionally recruits against, UCLA, Wisconsin, Oklahoma St, MSU, Texas Tech NIL helps when facing off against those types of schools as Nebraska almost certainly has better NIL then them. Then when we face OU, Texas, Michigan, OSU, I dont really think NIL matters as much. Its comes down to the other factors, and Nebrsaka needs to start winning if they are going to be overcome those challenges.

Sure, theoretically, Nebraska could go out and overpay recruits by offering them like x2 of what other schols are offering, but unless Turd starts recruiting Saudi boosters, I don't think that is going to happen.
Anyone have any connections to the Kingdom?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The real driver of what we pay in NIL is the coaches; we are not limited as far as the collective's ability to pay more. The collective pays what the coaches want to pay the players.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds