Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NSFW Did people really think we would beat the #2 team in the country??? (1 Viewer)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Very very very confused. Rhule has never done well in his first year. It’s amazing to watch the bitching. We do absolutely have the dumbest self-delusional fans in college football. I feel sorry for everyone that had to deal with our fans on a daily basis.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Michigan isn't really all that great. I expect them to lose to tOSU and whoever they play in a bowl. If they beat tOSU and make the playoffs they'll get fucking murdered.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
This was Michigan's widest margin of victory thus far this year and look at the other teams they've played.

Absolute cake schedule so far.
You cannot compare wins and losses in college football. It does NOT work. It's amazing fans still try to make these dumb arguments. I promise you, Nebraska was still the best team Michigan has played this season.

Last edited:

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Who did? Outmanned at literally every spot?
I went through the score prediction thread and basically everyone predicted it being more competitive than it was.

There were 46 predictions made. 44 of them had Michigan winning by less than they did (or Nebraska winning outright). 2 had Michigan winning by more than they did.

USMC-HUSKER

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
My wife could care less and asked if I was pissed, I just said if it was a 27-10 game I would call it a good day, but we got our ass beat.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Didn't help to be down 3 of our better defensive players.

I'm not nearly as down on the progress/rebuild as most. I was hoping we wouldn't have to go through quite as rough a first year, and today kinda sucked, but the angst is reaching somewhat comical levels given that was one of the top teams in the country & we're 1/3 of a season into a rebuild with a roster everyone knows is shredded, that's been cut up even more by injuries.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
I was under no illusion we would even hang with them.

Honestly, it’s time to develop for the future. Let the youth movement begin.
I feel the same but here the catch, where TF is the youth movement in the OL, QB, RB, WR? We seriously need to hit the portal hard next year and give any and every OL recruit and WR recruit that's legit whatever amount they want. We are terrible on the OL even the back ups are terrible.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I thought our Defense would put up a better showing than what they did, but expected our offense to be absolute dogshit, which they were .. Overall, this game went about how I thought it would ..

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
It was a better effort offensively than Cockeye had at Penn St last week
I was expecting us to look like Cockeye last week
If we look just as inept at Illinios next week, then it’s worth getting upset about
The result today was expected & honestly I don’t think they gave it their best shot bc of the short week in a game which is more important
Beat Illinois & the West can be won

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds