Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (1 Viewer)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Stuffy Mom and daughter combo bitching about having to board their shitty little dog/rat in first class holding up the line. Of course the spoiled brat kid went to Duke. From NYC

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
I’m 3 for 3 missing my flight home when I have to go through customs in Houston. All for that same reason
I flew home through Houston a month ago from Mexico and I will never do it again. I even had mobile passport. Dallas is such a breeze.

My Houston rep called me a rookie for not having Global Entry as he goes down to Mexico once a month (easy direct flight) but that shouldn't be an issue.

While we are on this subject (great thread):

- Masks still in an airport (more find it funny)
- If I have to fly Southwest guy who tells me i'm in his seat since he's "C21" (funny again)
- Flying Southwest in general (only take if it's a direct over connecting)
- Guy who puts backpack or jacket in overhead bin taking up room (only get mad if I have to check my roller at that time)
- TSA agent mad I don't know the rules of his airport as if I didn't just have to take this stuff out at the last one I was at (TSA precheck should make it streamlined)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I flew home through Houston a month ago from Mexico and I will never do it again. I even had mobile passport. Dallas is such a breeze.

My Houston rep called me a rookie for not having Global Entry as he goes down to Mexico once a month (easy direct flight) but that shouldn't be an issue.

While we are on this subject (great thread):

- Masks still in an airport (more find it funny)
- If I have to fly Southwest guy who tells me i'm in his seat since he's "C21" (funny again)
- Flying Southwest in general (only take if it's a direct over connecting)
- Guy who puts backpack or jacket in overhead bin taking up room (only get mad if I have to check my roller at that time)
- TSA agent mad I don't know the rules of his airport as if I didn't just have to take this stuff out at the last one I was at (TSA precheck should make it streamlined)
Not to be “that guy” but the last time I flew (just before NYE) I got Covid from the Orlando airport.

The next time I fly I’ll wear a mask just because I don’t want to deal with that shit again.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thrilling conversation about how hard sitting was going on while I wait to deplane.

Sitting.

Sit

Ting

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
- Not flying first
- People who stand right in front of priority lanes for boarding who aren't priority/first class, etc.
- People who try to chat with you when you clearly have headphones on.
- The very rare occurrence of flying Southwest and their stupid cattle call of a boarding and seat system.
- People who take their shoes off on a domestic flight
- Not being served drinks pre-flight
- Lady who decides to berate a TSA agent because she thought it was totally cool to bring her oversized $600 worth of shampoo products through a carry-on bag which held everyone up... all while in front of her (assuming) 5-year-old daughter.
- Having to use the shitty airline earphones for video instead of them spending some money to upgrade to Bluetooth-capable monitors.
- When a flight has wifi listed as an amenity, yet it doesn't work for some reason.

I'm sure a number of these have been mentioned already, and I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
- Not flying first
- People who stand right in front of priority lanes for boarding who aren't priority/first class, etc.
- The very rare occurrence of flying Southwest and their stupid cattle call of a boarding and seat system.
- Lady who decides to berate a TSA agent because she thought it was totally cool to bring her oversized $600 worth of shampoo products through a carry-on bag which held everyone up... all while in front of her (assuming) 5-year-old daughter.
- Having to use the shitty airline earphones for video instead of them spending some money to upgrade to Bluetooth-capable monitors.
- When a flight has wifi listed as an amenity, yet it doesn't work for some reason.

I'm sure a number of these have been mentioned already, and I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now.
This thread is for letting all the hate of your heart brother.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
- Not flying first

Someone is a fancy pants.

The rest of us:

rockos modern life nicksplat GIF

InTheDeed

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Missed this thread the first time and just read through it, now I’m sitting on the john full of hate for absolutely no reason. Thanks guys.

One thing I can’t believe wasn’t mentioned is the “I’ve apparently never flown before” person, who gets all the way up to the conveyor belt with their pockets full, shoes and belt on, then reacts as if they only speak Farsi when told what they need to do. Then just as they are dropping their bag on the belt they realize it has a laptop in it.

(^^I realize some of these rules are obsolete now.)

Also a strong x2 to the mention of the people in the row behind you who use your seat for support in navigating the effort to climb into their row.

Lastly just a funny story. A few years ago I’m in an aisle seat across the aisle from and one row behind Frank Verducci. There was a 6 year old kid sitting directly behind him who spent the whole flight watching shows on a tablet and not infrequently kicking Frank’s chair. About halfway through the flight Frank turns around with a murderous Joker smile on his face and stares at the parent sitting next to the kid. It didn’t look like the parent did much of anything. The kid did not stop kicking Frank’s chair. Deplaning, Frank gets up with the same Joker smile and turns back toward the parents who are, naturally, already standing in the aisle. And he just smiles at them like that for about 5 seconds. Doesn’t say a word, turns around and walks off the plane.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Weirdos that shut the window shades. Bizarre sick people

1. The way people act and what they wear is very troubling

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
I am 1k on United so I get upgraded 80% of the time so I don't have a lot since I don't deal with the poors in the back but....

• Poor people who push forward into the boarding area right in front of the door. Where the F are you going with your group 4 pass?
  • My fellow 1K guys/gals that also push forward, act rudely and act like they are a Titan of industry. No, you're probably a sales tard that travels a lot.
  • If I am in coach, I hold my breath as a fat comes down the aisle. Most of are fat but the extra fats are a real concern.
  • People who eat stinky food.
  • People that put their book bag up in the overhead.
  • Guy that wears his book bag onto the plane and hits every person in the head as they come down the aisle.
  • Arm rest guy. We share dickhead.
  • Seat recline guy. Yes, over 2 hours recline. Under...be a man and don't crowd the person behind you.
  • Take a shit on the plane guy. I have done it once in 20 years of traveling. Emergencies only people. No one wants to smell your dump.
  • Yell at Stewardess guy. It's not her fault the plane is delayed.
  • Loud talking guy. No one cares about your pop belly pig collection / hobby.
  • Light on at night guy. We are trying to sleep dickhead.
  • Loud device guy. We don't want to hear your reruns of Moonshiners.
  • Talk business on plane guy. We don't care. Why can't it wait until you got off the plane in five minutes?

That said, the one time I did have to take a shit, it was massive and it stunk as bad as it could. I get done, come out and a lady is waiting with her daughter. I walk out and sit down in my first class seat. She went in and came right back out. She gave me a look like I had killed her mama. She slams the door and storms off the back of the plane. I guess that what she gets for coming up from coach to use the 1st class toilet.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
As someone who travels weekly via air for work (headed to HPN to go home as we speak)- most of the good stuff has been covered already. I’ll just add that most all of these issues stem from people being disrespectful of others and not obeying the unwritten (and often times written) rules that exist.

- If you are in the back of the plane and/or a late boarding group - don’t try to stick your shit in the front of the plane, especially in the First Class overhead bin soace

- I live in Charlotte and people are always trying to make connections through CLT. Therefore we land and 1-2 people immediately stand up and sprint to the front of the plane bypassing everyone else screaming “I have to make a connection!” - relax Karen. 95% of the people on this flight are connecting and your flight to Mobile isn’t more important than anyone else’s connecting flight.

- People in coach using the first class bathroom. Hate it

- Whenever we fly a regional jet (CRJ700 for instance) and people refuse to accept that they have to gate check their bag because the overhead bin space virtually doesn’t exist. You signed up to fly on a regional jet- what did you think was going to happen?

- People in CLEAR or TSA that don’t know how it works. No you don’t have to take your shoes off. No your laptop doesn’t come out of the bag. Scan your eyes and boarding pass. Come on people

Lastly, and this isn’t really a complaint, but I can’t imagine going to the airport without lounge access. Truly a game changer to be away from the mob

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds