Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let's Talk Numbers (1 Viewer)

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Below is a current roster breakdown with the addition of the current commits and the current main targets who have either visited since the new staff took over or are planning on visiting (plus Duce as there seems to be a little smoke there).

1671050096231.png
Bold = redshirt
Italics = returning starter (this is a little difficult to nail down, as Nouili has and would have been a starter last year, and others like Anthony, Wynn, Hutmacher, etc. may have also started a few games)

A few notable takeaways for me:
1. We return a lot of starting experience, but basically no depth, and all of this is from a bad team so it may not really mean anything.
2. With the targeting of Jeff Sims, seems like we may be looking to bring in a portal QB. This would seem to mean 1-2 QBs are going to need to move on.
3. OL recruiting seems to be more building for the future and using the experience we already have. Ben Scott looks to replace Hixson, and then Cornelius mainly seems like a "can't miss" type of recruit.
4. Edge recruiting is pretty crazy right now. Have 2 commits, and 5 other targets. Some of those may end up at other positions, but obviously the coaching staff wants a total makeover between transfers, JuCos, and high school prospects.
5. There may be more house cleaning, but maybe not as much as we would suspect. NU can add 7 more players to reach 85, plus oversign by 5. Like stated earlier, probably 1-2 QBs, and then players like Tyreke Johnson and NPG seem to make some sense, but who knows.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I bet you see 10+ more players hit the portal between now and the end of spring bawl in april. They'll have plenty of room for HS, JUCO in the second signing period and transfers up until start of fall camp.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, Rivals and Tater Island both confirmed he was in town. I think it was like Thursday thru Saturday.
Gracias, saw him on the visit list but thought I heard they couldn't confirm it.

Herbie

Quarterback
looking at the oline, dline, linebackers, secondary, and TEs is incredibly depressing. Rb, we, and qb* are the good groups and they are awful too.

* if Thompson leaves it goes straight to the trash

Cavalot

Defensive Lineman
Our DL is razor thin and we aren't recruiting anyone at this point? Am I reading your chart correctly?

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m thinking we may be actually decent relatively soon

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds