Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

C'mon whiners...Let's talk why we DO make a bowl next season. (2 Viewers)

sexmonster

Linebacker
We play all 2.5 seasons again with the same guys I think we'd make a bowl each season. Bad luck is part. We had a god awful WR crew last year due to transfers and poor past recruiting. I think we have weapons ready now.

Defense is the biggest reason.

Solid OL group

We got eight in us in '21 but might end up being seven.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
C'mon DJ...set down that heavy backpack of despair and hurt you are carrying around. It's gonna be ok brother, I'm here for you man. Let's do it together...you can do this...just 2 or 3 simple things that make us better and get us to a bowl game.

Let's get through that and then we can talk about you making out with your cousins. One step at a time brother. ;)

Thanks brother. I appreciate the positivity and support.

Three things that give me hope:
- Fidone in the slot instead of a midget.
- Our Aussie punter.
- Big Tony’s (not @B1G_10_Tony) coaching and recruiting.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Covid exemption and/or half the big ten football teams die in plane crashes. Hard to think of any other scenario that’s reasonable.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I hung up the old troll shoes but am happy to consult if desired. Happy trolling!

I doubt you hung them high enough that you can't reach them without a ladder in case you have an itch to scratch. That said, I would love to attend your advanced trolling school to learn all of the most advanced methods.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
martinez ripped his sleeves off and turned into justin fields
Nodding Yes GIF by Chance The Rapper

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
1) More depth all around on the team but mainly defense allows for more talented players to play on kick/punt coverage, making them immediately better. Our most glaring issue on specials.
2) Some nice additions to the offensive skill positions make us the most rounded team we’ve been since Frost’s arrival on the offensive side of the ball.
3) Full defense comes back which should allow for some early offensive growing pains to show up and still win games.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Beat Buffalo. I'm 90% serious. If we lose to Buffalo, not a chance in hell. Even if we lose to Illinois (fucking hell at having to type that), if we come back and beat Buffalo, getting to six wins is still possible. I just don't see getting the six without one of those being Buffalo.

We should most definitely beat Buffalo with who they lost, but Leipold will undoubtedly coach circles around Scott.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Beat Buffalo. I'm 90% serious. If we lose to Buffalo, not a chance in hell. Even if we lose to Illinois (fucking hell at having to type that), if we come back and beat Buffalo, getting to six wins is still possible. I just don't see getting the six without one of those being Buffalo.

We should most definitely beat Buffalo with who they lost, but Leipold will undoubtedly coach circles around Scott.
2-1 non con is a must. Beating beefy bort bielema probably is too

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
1. Corcoran is our LT and we have 3 returning starters on the offensive line.
2. 10 returning starters on defense.
3. We have a kicker and a punter and a potentially better punter on the roster.
4. 4th year starter at QB.
5. 4th year of the same S&C.
6. 4th year of the same defensive system.
7. 4th year of the same offensive system.
8. We probably won't be trotting out the JV team at WR.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Curious as to why you believe this to be a given
Because apparently, I have a better grasp of Scott's coaching prowess than you. I'm also much less connected, which likely contributes to this. We all have our biases.

Leipold's record speaks for itself. Scott's does as well. One has succeeded at both of his stops and built each program in a successful way. One has succeeded at one (without truly building the program, but obviously deserves credit for the incredibly quick turnaround and undefeated season) and driven the other further into the ditch. I hope like hell to be proven wrong in the long run, but I can only go off the present.

Edit: the other thing that makes me think this is a given is because there is little to no evidence that Scott is willing to learn from his mistakes. If anything, he's shown a propensity to double-down on the aspects of the program that have held us back for so long. Given the relative talent and outcomes to this point, a purely statistical analysis suggests Scott is likely to be out coached by the guy on the other sideline. Leipold isn't just a run-of-the-mill guy on the other sideline.

Last edited:

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Because apparently, I have a better grasp of Scott's coaching prowess than you. I'm also much less connected, which likely contributes to this. We all have our biases.

Leipold's record speaks for itself. Scott's does as well. One has succeeded at both of his stops and built each program in a successful way. One has succeeded at one (without truly building the program, but obviously deserves credit for the incredibly quick turnaround and undefeated season) and driven the other further into the ditch. I hope like hell to be proven wrong in the long run, but I can only go off the present.

Edit: the other thing that makes me think this is a given is because there is little to no evidence that Scott is willing to learn from his mistakes. If anything, he's shown a propensity to double-down on the aspects of the program that have held us back for so long. Given the relative talent and outcomes to this point, a purely statistical analysis suggests Scott is likely to be out coached by the guy on the other sideline. Leipold isn't just a run-of-the-mill guy on the other sideline.

Is there a reason you started this post off like a dickhead?

We‘ll see if Butters is a better coach than Frost. The sample size is simply not there yet for Frost to make this a fair comparison. Butters was 13-23 his first 3 years in Buffalo. One would have imagined he’d have had more high level interest in his entire coaching career if that were the case. Instead he spent basically all of it at a D3 in Wisconsin.

The only stupid thing to do in this conversation is to speak in absolutes.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is there a reason you started this post off like a dickhead?
I apologize for that. I just think your rosy view of the staff is based more on having connections to it than actual outcomes and the current situation of the program. Seen it once, seen it a thousand times. We defend our friends and hope for the best for them. You're right though, I didn't need to be a dick about it, and I do sincerely apologize for that.

Again, I hope like hell that you can throw this all in my face in a couple years. Would be the tastiest feast of crow I've ever had, and I've had my fair share over the years.

Also agreed on absolutes. There's always a chance for trends to reverse.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds