Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (10 Viewers)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
This x 1000. Never understood people jumping up to get to their fucking seat. You want to sit in that uncomfortable seat 20 minutes more than you have to?

I despise that airport.
I LOVE sitting in the back. Extra space. Free of smug assholes usually. Bathrooms right there. Usually get a free checked bag as well with American. It’s fantastic

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
My flight to Alaska was cancelled but they were able to get me on the last seat on the next flight. Isle seat in the last row, right new to the bathroom. And as luck would have it the woman in the middle seat was probably only 5 ft tall but easily over 300 lbs. As expected her boyfriend was rail thin and poor dude was pinned up against the window. She spilled into both of our seats. Nice woman who apologized profusely for being so fat. Other issue was basically I had to partially hang out into the isle which put my head even closer to the bathroom doors which was right next to me. I heard things I can't unhear and smelled things I can't unsmell. I swear one guy must be dying inside to have those noises and that smell come out of him.
😂😂🤜🏻

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
I’m all for 2nd amendment rights, but with all the unadulterated angst in this thread it’s prolly a good thing the TSA screens for guns. Friendly skies my ass!

But yeah, I hate pretty much everyone too!

betsch

Safety
It's not all bad. I've "closed" on four (4) pieces of tail that I met on an airplane back when I was single. It would have been 5, but I turned down the flight attendant on a flight from Ft. Smith, AR to Memphis. I was literally the only passenger on the plane and she made it a point to let me know it was available and the pilots were prohibited by FAA regulation from coming back into the passenger section of the aircraft while in flight (commuter plane, Good Friday). Sadly, I had recently gotten engaged and it seemed like a really crummy way to start out my "forever relationship" by joining the mile high club (again.
I think the rule is that if you are over 20,000 feet above the Earth it doesn't count ;)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
My flight to Alaska was cancelled but they were able to get me on the last seat on the next flight. Isle seat in the last row, right new to the bathroom. And as luck would have it the woman in the middle seat was probably only 5 ft tall but easily over 300 lbs. As expected her boyfriend was rail thin and poor dude was pinned up against the window. She spilled into both of our seats. Nice woman who apologized profusely for being so fat. Other issue was basically I had to partially hang out into the isle which put my head even closer to the bathroom doors which was right next to me. I heard things I can't unhear and smelled things I can't unsmell. I swear one guy must be dying inside to have those noises and that smell come out of him.

When I worked for MDS Pharma Services, I was flying non-stop. I was the rail-thin guy in this scenario every freaking time... Pinned against the window with no recourse. I remember one flight where I had boarded, was sitting in my window seat. An absolute smoke show sits down in the aisle seat with the seat in between us empty. They're getting ready to close the doors and I'm thinking, "Sweet, I'm single, I'll shoot my shot on our flight". Right as the doors are about to close, here comes a sweaty 300+ dude barging onto the plane. Mind you, there were tons of open seats on the plane. The smokeshow and I had already started chatting each other up, but when I saw that, I said to her, "I'm sorry, but that guy is going to be sitting between us". She asked if I knew him and I said no, but that it's my luck with flying... Sure enough, he bumbles down the aisle to our row and wedges himself in between us... 300 pounds, sweaty, gay florist who talked the whole flight about his cats, regardless of whether or not you had your headphones in. It was pure hell...

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Boarding a flight now. I swear every idiot in the world is on this flight. Boarding backed up in jet way because everyone looking at their phones.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Is it just airline standard procedure to make sure your connecting flight is always on the other side of the fucking airport. I ran a 4 minute mile in Minneapolis one year dragging my wife across the airport because our flight out of Bozeman was delayed and our connecting flight to KC was one of the last ones out because of an impeding snow storm. Fuckers.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm flying to San Antonio on Thursday and should have never opened this thread. Now I'm seething.

Some bullshit we are dealing with this time: wife thought she ordered our tickets one night but apparently something happened and the payment didn't go through. No big deal. Goes back in the next day, pays for em, golden. But then we realize the fucking we took. Originally, we had layovers in Dallas on the way down and Houston on the way back. So short flights. Those flights apparently sold out in the mean time so we now are flying in by way of some airport in North Carolina and on the way home we fucking detour to Atlanta.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Is it just airline standard procedure to make sure your connecting flight is always on the other side of the fucking airport. I ran a 4 minute mile in Minneapolis one year dragging my wife across the airport because our flight out of Bozeman was delayed and our connecting flight to KC was one of the last ones out because of an impeding snow storm. Fuckers.

Yeah, it seems that often a connecting flight boards a long ways away from the arriving flight.... you'd think they could automate this stuff via scheduling better where that happened less often. Maybe it isn't as easy as it seems it should be. But having connecting flights with little time between the arriving flight (and lets be realistic, the arriving flight is often a little late), then having to sometimes actually run to get on the connecting flight... is no fun. We had this happen a few weeks ago flying from Key West, connecting in Charlotte, ending in SLC. Key West flight left a little late - no real reason it needed to, but it did. We had about 45 minutes originally between our connecting and arriving, but with a late departure on the first flight, we had to hustle to make it to the other side of the Charlotte airport. We were literally the last people on the plane, they were just getting ready to close the gate. But we made it.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I forgot to mention how fucking infuriating customs can be to deal with.

Sometimes you slide right through in 10 minutes, other times it’s an hour and a half line because 2 customs agents are working and there’s a dozen empty booths, like they didn’t know damn well how many people would be arriving at any given time.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
eat smelly food on the plane
I was on a flight a few years ago when some Indian (with a dot) woman sat down next to me in the middle seat and gets out two huge Tupperware bowls of smelly food. The whole plane smelled like microwaved shit. Why do people need to bring a bunch of food from home onto a plane? Eat before you get on, faggit fucker.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the rule is that if you are over 20,000 feet above the Earth it doesn't count ;)
Rob Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Minny airport is brutal. So spread out

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
When people ask to sit with someone with no concept that some seats cost extra.

This is mine. You can pay extra to ensure that you sit together or you can roll the dice. You want to play chance and rely on the good will of strangers? Cool. But don't act like a cunty horsebeast if I don't want to give up a window for your middle seat.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds