Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (1 Viewer)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
As a regular traveler for work, I’ve got a list a mile long…let’s start this off with…

The family of 20, like the entire family and extended family that boards with the one person in the wheelchair whom I happen to also see during ticketing moving around like a cheetah on the Serengeti right up to boarding…really?

…one more…guy with bag, extra bag, and backpack who walks down the aisle taking everyone out with his bags and then proceeds to bitch that he can’t fit all his crap in the overhead bin.

And go!

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Groups that stand in the middle of airport walkways

Emotional support animals

People that cross the invisible boundary between seats

Specifically on Southwest, people that take an aisle seat and then act annoyed when you tell them to get their ass up so you can take the window seat.

People who just stand on the moving walkway - it’s not a fucking roller coaster.

Groups of people walking side x side and walking slow.

People that walk on the left.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
For the life of me, I don't understand why airlines with seat assignments haven't optimized the boarding process. People in the back of the plane window seats group one, people in other window seats (or window + middle seats in their party) group 2, repeat the process for middle seats, then aisle seats. Could easily shave 5-10 minutes off every single flight.

The exiting is also a complete cluster... by the time we're at the gate, I've got my carry-on stuff loaded up, and I'm ready to stand up, grab my bag out of the overhead, and walk out. But gotta wait for a whole song and dance with random oblivious people every row in front of me.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
For the life of me, I don't understand why airlines with seat assignments haven't optimized the boarding process. People in the back of the plane window seats group one, people in other window seats (or window + middle seats in their party) group 2, repeat the process for middle seats, then aisle seats. Could easily shave 5-10 minutes off every single flight.

The exiting is also a complete cluster... by the time we're at the gate, I've got my carry-on stuff loaded up, and I'm ready to stand up, grab my bag out of the overhead, and walk out. But gotta wait for a whole song and dance with random oblivious people every row in front of me.
Over the years I’ve lost all patience for travel noobs.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Groups that stand in the middle of airport walkways

Emotional support animals

People that cross the invisible boundary between seats

Specifically on Southwest, people that take an aisle seat and then act annoyed when you tell them to get their ass up so you can take the window seat.

People who just stand on the moving walkway - it’s not a fucking roller coaster.

Groups of people walking side x side and walking slow.

People that walk on the left.
A lot to love about this post!!!

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Airlines official motto is "fuck you, there are like 5 of us left. So fuck you and eat our shit.

PS. Fuck you"

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pre-Boarding - When everyone gathers right next to the boarding line as soon as they call group 1. The majority of these people have 5, 6, 7 boarding groups on their ticket. I have to shove my way through the mob to get to the ticket scan.

Boarding - People who are sitting in row 36 who put their bag in an overhead bin in row 15 on their way back to their seat.

Landing/Getting off the plane - People who stand up and rush forward as soon as the plane hits the gate. Where in the flying fuck do you think you're going? Congrats on getting 8ft closer to the front of the plane from row 36.

Getting off the plane - People who take forever to grab their bag and get off the plane. Slowly shuffle your fat ass out of your window seat, slowly stand in the aisle while you slowly and laboriously grab your overstuffed bag from the bin. Fuck you.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pre-Boarding - When everyone gathers right next to the boarding line as soon as they call group 1. The majority of these people have 5, 6, 7 boarding groups on their ticket. I have to shove my way through the mob to get to the ticket scan.

Boarding - People who are sitting in row 36 who put their bag in an overhead bin in row 15 on their way back to their seat.

Landing/Getting off the plane - People who stand up and rush forward as soon as the plane hits the gate. Where in the flying fuck do you think you're going? Congrats on getting 8ft closer to the front of the plane from row 36.

Getting off the plane - People who take forever to grab their bag and get off the plane. Slowly shuffle your fat ass out of your window seat, slowly stand in the aisle while you slowly and laboriously grab your overstuffed bag from the bin. Fuck you.
So much YES here! Fuck me…

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds