Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (6 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
As someone who travels weekly via air for work (headed to HPN to go home as we speak)- most of the good stuff has been covered already. I’ll just add that most all of these issues stem from people being disrespectful of others and not obeying the unwritten (and often times written) rules that exist.

- If you are in the back of the plane and/or a late boarding group - don’t try to stick your shit in the front of the plane, especially in the First Class overhead bin soace

- I live in Charlotte and people are always trying to make connections through CLT. Therefore we land and 1-2 people immediately stand up and sprint to the front of the plane bypassing everyone else screaming “I have to make a connection!” - relax Karen. 95% of the people on this flight are connecting and your flight to Mobile isn’t more important than anyone else’s connecting flight.

- People in coach using the first class bathroom. Hate it

- Whenever we fly a regional jet (CRJ700 for instance) and people refuse to accept that they have to gate check their bag because the overhead bin space virtually doesn’t exist. You signed up to fly on a regional jet- what did you think was going to happen?

- People in CLEAR or TSA that don’t know how it works. No you don’t have to take your shoes off. No your laptop doesn’t come out of the bag. Scan your eyes and boarding pass. Come on people

Lastly, and this isn’t really a complaint, but I can’t imagine going to the airport without lounge access. Truly a game changer to be away from the mob
Lounge access is a hard requirement for me now.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Also forgot to mention one additional thing that pisses me off-

People that don’t understand that there is value to sitting in certain seats. This can be as simple as someone asking me to swap a Main Cabin Extra seat with a regular seat, aisle seat to a middle, etc.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Lounge access is a hard requirement for me now.
I will pay out the nose for convenience. Smaller airports, lounges, better seats, etc. Well worth the additional costs (and with status most of those costs are limited/free)

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Airports that rock cock
- MSP
- DFW
- SAN
- SLC
- CID

Airports that can suck my dick
- LGA
- DCA
- DAL
- OMA
- MCI

From the back
- MIA

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
- If you are in the back of the plane and/or a late boarding group - don’t try to stick your shit in the front of the plane, especially in the First Class overhead bin soace

- People in coach using the first class bathroom. Hate it

- Whenever we fly a regional jet (CRJ700 for instance) and people refuse to accept that they have to gate check their bag because the overhead bin space virtually doesn’t exist. You signed up to fly on a regional jet- what did you think was going to happen?

Lastly, and this isn’t really a complaint, but I can’t imagine going to the airport without lounge access. Truly a game changer to be away from the mob
Amen.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Airports that rock cock
- MSP
- DFW
- SAN
- SLC
- CID

Airports that can suck my dick
- LGA
- DCA
- DAL
- OMA
- MCI

From the back
- MIA
DCA is great dude. Especially the new American Lounge in Concourse D.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
American is a partner in that? News to me brother. Delta yes
I may have made a mistake - we have another card that gives us Admiral’s Club access.

Between all of our company cards it’s so hard to keep track of that shit.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
LGA might be the worst airport i've ever been too if not for White Plains.
What do you have against White Plains? There’s nothing in the waiting area but that’s the point- you show up 35 mins before your flight leaves breeze through security and walk onto the plane.

LGA is great since the renovation

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
American is a partner in that? News to me brother. Delta yes

I may have made a mistake - we have another card that gives us Admiral’s Club access.

Between all of our company cards it’s so hard to keep track of that shit.
AMEX is Centurion/Delta only. Admirals you have to have the AA card

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh sick bro. What’s your fave lounge? Delta for me
lol I’m not a baller - I just hate traveling with the unwashed.

Centurion is the best if you are able. Then it’s American, Delta, and Priority Pass lounges (in that order)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
lol I’m not a baller - I just hate traveling with the unwashed.

Centurion is the best if you are able. Then it’s American, Delta, and Priority Pass lounges (in that order)

Right on. I simply don’t dread any layovers delays connections anymore. It’s lovely

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
What do you have against White Plains? There’s nothing in the waiting area but that’s the point- you show up 35 mins before your flight leaves breeze through security and walk onto the plane.

LGA is great since the renovation

If you are traveling to there and back from there(WP) you still have a wait in that cramped ass terminal since you can't completely control when you have to go to the airport. Probably not a big thing if you live near there. Just my .02. If LGA is better, good. It needs it. It's been about two years since i was there.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds