Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (11 Viewers)

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
If you are traveling to there and back from there(WP) you still have a wait in that cramped ass terminal since you can't completely control when you have to go to the airport. Probably not a big thing if you live near there. Just my .02. If LGA is better, good. It needs it. It's been about two years since i was there.
the “terminal” area inside White Plains is still a disaster. I fly to/from there weekly. It’s a nightmare.

But for ease and convenience - especially since I’m going to southern Connecticut for work- you can’t beat it

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
If you are traveling to there and back from there(WP) you still have a wait in that cramped ass terminal since you can't completely control when you have to go to the airport. Probably not a big thing if you live near there. Just my .02. If LGA is better, good. It needs it. It's been about two years since i was there.

It’s great brother. Fly there tomorrow check it out!

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
I am currently sitting on a flight from Lisbon, Portugal to Philadelphia. Plane boards, people walk onto the plane, get their seats, put their bags up, etc.

Once that concludes, two absolutely disgustingly obese people from the back of the plane in what I only imagine is Basic Economy come up to an empty row in our Main Cabin Extra area and decide to take a seat. After scanning the next cabin up for empty seats, they settle into their newly claimed Main Cabin Extra seats like a squatter in an apartment in California that isn’t theirs and decide to make themselves at home.

The male (who I reiterate again, is a grotesque human) immediately takes off his shoes and puts his feet on the wall in front of him. They both pull out their TVs from the seat and tray tables (??????) and decide to start watching them and snacking prior to us taking off.

Naturally, a flight attendant has to come tell them to knock it off. Except they’re still occupying seats they didn’t pay for. So now myself and my girlfriend are stuck next to these morbidly obese and abhorrent humans for the next 7 hours. Now they’re coughing and wheezing nonstop while we wait to takeoff on the runway.

Truly cannot comprehend how these people’s brains operate. Blows my mind we let people get away with this stuff. Should require a scan of your boarding pass at the seat in anything above Economy in order to verify you’re sitting in the correct seat prior to takeoff to eliminate these shenanigans.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I am currently sitting on a flight from Lisbon, Portugal to Philadelphia. Plane boards, people walk onto the plane, get their seats, put their bags up, etc.

Once that concludes, two absolutely disgustingly obese people from the back of the plane in what I only imagine is Basic Economy come up to an empty row in our Main Cabin Extra area and decide to take a seat. After scanning the next cabin up for empty seats, they settle into their newly claimed Main Cabin Extra seats like a squatter in an apartment in California that isn’t theirs and decide to make themselves at home.

The male (who I reiterate again, is a grotesque human) immediately takes off his shoes and puts his feet on the wall in front of him. They both pull out their TVs from the seat and tray tables (??????) and decide to start watching them and snacking prior to us taking off.

Naturally, a flight attendant has to come tell them to knock it off. Except they’re still occupying seats they didn’t pay for. So now myself and my girlfriend are stuck next to these morbidly obese and abhorrent humans for the next 7 hours. Now they’re coughing and wheezing nonstop while we wait to takeoff on the runway.

Truly cannot comprehend how these people’s brains operate. Blows my mind we let people get away with this stuff. Should require a scan of your boarding pass at the seat in anything above Economy in order to verify you’re sitting in the correct seat prior to takeoff to eliminate these shenanigans.

I’m amazed there are any open seats

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

Airline should've done the world a favor and thrown em out over the Atlantic

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
On my way to the UK and roll through the TSA-Pre line as any self respecting human does.

Karen in the poors line gets disgusted when the TSA rep waived me up in front her.

She lays out a huge sigh, mutters OMG how is that fair, and stands in disgust.

As I throw my bag on the conveyor hand over the card and begin walking forward, she blurts out:

Are you serious??? He doesn’t have to take off his shoes or remove anything from his bag!?! Then why do we?

TSA Rep fires back…no, he doesn’t, because he is special, but yep you do for sure. Yeah, you get our full service, delux security service. Looks at me, winks and chuckles and says a little too loud…have a great day sir!

Savage.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

Ever notice the most obese also drive like the super tiny cars too? What’s up with that?

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
On my way to the UK and roll through the TSA-Pre line as any self respecting human does.

Karen in the poors line gets disgusted when the TSA rep waived me up in front her.

She lays out a huge sigh, mutters OMG how is that fair, and stands in disgust.

As I throw my bag on the conveyor hand over the card and begin walking forward, she blurts out:

Are you serious??? He doesn’t have to take off his shoes or remove anything from his bag!?! Then why do we?

TSA Rep fires back…no, he doesn’t, because he is special, but yep you do for sure. Yeah, you get our full service, delux security service. Looks at me, winks and chuckles and says a little too loud…have a great day sir!

Savage.

PreTSA is the 🐐

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
PreTSA is the 🐐
Pre-covid, my wife could fly using my PreTSA as long as I was the one who booked the tickets and was flying with her. Post-covid, they stopped allowing her to piggyback on mine due to "safety." Not sure how her using my PreCheck is going to spread covid, but whatever. Long story short, it sucks flying with my wife now because she refuses to take the time to get her own PreTSA.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Pre-covid, my wife could fly using my PreTSA as long as I was the one who booked the tickets and was flying with her. Post-covid, they stopped allowing her to piggyback on mine due to "safety." Not sure how her using my PreCheck is going to spread covid, but whatever. Long story short, it sucks flying with my wife now because she refuses to take the time to get her own PreTSA.

It takes 30 minutes down at the Lincoln location…

Huskers4420

Linebacker

If you complain you're fatphobic nowadays. Get me back to the 90's..

giphy.gif

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I saw a video on the twitterverse where some nutty fat lady said if you lose weight intentionally...that's fatphobic.

Social media needs to go away so all of these nutty as influencers stop spreading there ridiculousness.

Did you see the firefighter who said he lets fatties die?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds