Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Watched the week 2 presser. Some thoughts (1 Viewer)

Yolo Bomb

Bench Warmer
1. Rhule doesn't have the same spark he did a week ago. He knows now what's fixable and more to the point what isn't. Jeff Sims and over all depth on the roster.

2. Unfair or not Rhule is going to pay the bill for the last 23 years of incompetent HC's. EVERYTHING that happens will be under a microscope and scrutinized and questioned in ways that no first year head coach doing a rebuild project would have to deal with in almost any other situation.

3. Rhule doesn't give us much chance to win Saturday. The only time his demeanor got brighter was when he talked about our home stretch after the Colorado game. I have to wonder if his main concern right now is how to maintain and build confidence as a team after what he suspects will happen Saturday happens.

4. He's not wrong about this team being a whole lot better than last year same time. The problem is our chosen, hand picked QB is a turnover machine and our best running back is too. And he knows that at a certain point a player is who the film says they are. So he knows we aren't winning very many games this year in spite of all the improvements on defense and special teams. With even average QB play this is a seven or eight win team. We can only hope that someday we see out of Sims what he seems to have seen in him when he got him to come here.

5. I still love the guy and am very glad he's our head coach.
6. You missed the most important part at the end…Rhule’s sly smirk as he walked off after he said, “you know we’re still gonna show up, our Defense will be there, we’ll play and see what we can do”.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
6. You missed the most important part at the end…Rhule’s sly smirk as he walked off after he said, “you know we’re still gonna show up, our Defense will be there, we’ll play and see what we can do”.
You are 100% correct I did miss that. Hmm. It does change my opinion some after watching the end again. I know the first time I watched it I'd already started doing other things before that. I heard him say that but missed his smile...which was the one thing he didn't do once before that. Which is very out of character from what we've seen so far from him. Teach me to not keep watching....

Last edited:

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Here We Go Again GIF

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Is Colorado actually going to be ranked on Tuesday? Rhule made it sound like they would be. He even said they might be top 10...
Imagine a top 10 road victory for our beloved Huskers...

Ryan Reynolds Movie GIF
Did he really say they might be top 10?

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
It makes all the sense in the world for him to gush about them. If we get our asses kicked, he can say at least it was to a premier team.
If he actually said top 10 thats an even bigger tater take than him saying Sims is a pass first NFL qb

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
If he actually said top 10 thats an even bigger tater take than him saying Sims is a pass first NFL qb
Definitely a tater take. Not sure if he meant they would finish top 10 or if they should be top 10 now, but retarded regardless. Honestly, I’d rather have him say shit like this though as opposed to Frost giving the other team bulletin board material every week.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Definitely a tater take. Not sure if he meant they would finish top 10 or if they should be top 10 now, but retarded regardless. Honestly, I’d rather have him say shit like this though as opposed to Frost giving the other team bulletin board material every week.
Rhule just said "ranked"...i never heard him say they'd be ranked in the top ten.

If he said that please link to it. The OP said top ten, not Rhule.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds