Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Watched the week 2 presser. Some thoughts (4 Viewers)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
People forget how close this fan base was to truly giving up last year. Like not turning the game on level of quitting. The Rhule-aid delayed the apathy a little bit, but after Thursday’s debacle it is right back. Fair or not, Rhule doesn’t have the luxury of a 4 year rebuild. We need to win at some point. People are giving up and a loss to the Buffs would be 3 times the meltdown we saw Thursday
I mean what's the worst thing that can actually come of that? So the fans don't watch much this season. Maybe the players finally see a half empty stadium and see that the fans really won't be there no matter how they play. Maybe they'll show some more accountability and fix this bullshit we've been seeing for 6 years now.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
People forget how close this fan base was to truly giving up last year. Like not turning the game on level of quitting. The Rhule-aid delayed the apathy a little bit, but after Thursday’s debacle it is right back. Fair or not, Rhule doesn’t have the luxury of a 4 year rebuild. We need to win at some point. People are giving up and a loss to the Buffs would be 3 times the meltdown we saw Thursday
That's such a pussy ass attitude. (I know what you're saying is true - I hear it from my family members)

Not every team gets to win all the time. Look all over the world and there are fanbases in leagues where they legit can never win. If you're in England basically 6 teams can win (actually like 2 now) and the other fan bases have zero shot. Spanish league - if you're not 1 of 2 teams (Real Madrid, Barcelona) you can't win. Yet all of these leagues have 20 teams in the division that all sell out, all have crazy fans. You don't have people crying literal tears in their pint of beer because their team lost and they're suffering "emotional damage". Such weak shit.

Nebraska fans are the most pussy ass ever - "if you don't start winning to the degree I approve of, I'm going to mope around all day!!" STFU and get out of sports if you can't handle it.

Go be a fan of AEW or WWE or go watch a movie where you know who's prevailing at the end (bc your pussy ass can't handle not being the victor).

Honestly at this point STFU or go find a new hobby if you can't handle it. Sports has randomness and you have to accept that if you're gonna be a fan. BTW taking your dollars and support elsewhere IS a viable option. I'd ask that you just do it instead of taking to the message boards every year and threatening to do it (and then pussying out & not doing it).

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Understood. I had a situation earlier today where I was asking a question, and it sort of turned into whether I approved of pot users or not - instead of the real reason for my question, LOL.

Two things, don't take @HuskerDocCo seriously - he's really 109 vs. 99 years old. Take me more seriously than him, but I'm mostly not the type to dig my heels in on a topic. I respect others thoughts and opinions, but it may be tougher to know if I agree with you or not because of it. Squabbling on an internet message board seems like a significant waste of time and energy.
Ever since the sudden change from serious poster to full time Troll over on red sea scrolls I haven't taken huskerdoc seriously for one second. Second I'd really like to be wrong about what I think I saw in the press conference. Just shared my thoughts as I watched.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Ugh... The fascination with Casey Thompson bottles my mind. Some of y'all need to go read @DrinkItIn post in the bomb shelter

To be very clear, I don’t give a shit about CT anymore and Sims is our guy now. I was merely using my feelings in the past about a situation to negate a point that the original poster directed at me.

I don’t care to have the debate about him anymore because it doesn’t matter and it’s totally unproductive.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The problem is I didn't say Rhule doesn't think we CAN win. But if you watched that and think he's confident we will win then I'd like to invite you to my poker home game. Every other Friday. I'll send directions if you want them.
It sounded like good ole coaches speak to me. He made Deion and his team into a juggernaut.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It sounded like good ole coaches speak to me. He made Deion and his team into a juggernaut.
I think he was giving an honest assessment. Like he said if our team doesn't handle the situation, if they can't just focus on the football we get rolled. No one thinks we are going to roll over CU in any scenario. It sure would be sweet if we did no doubt, but lets face it, deep in most our hearts we don't think thats a reasonable outcome to even think about. He watched that game just like we did. Colorado looked damn good on offense. And it isn't like TCU is a lame opponent. So many want to say TCU sucks. That might be the case too, but I submit that that same TCU team would beat us by at least 14 points. You can't reasonably ignore what they did and how they did it. True we have the advantage of seeing it on film where TCU went in blind but CU's offense got better as the game went on so I think its safe to say that TCU had no answers at all.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Yes. But we were all accepting of Rhule's track record since day 1. The only reason it's now an issue is because of how we lost. Had it have been 14 or 17 points or whatever, it's another loss and we all accept it's a rebuild. But, a bad redzone decision, Sims' turnovers, and Grant in the game with a fumble all of a sudden changes the storyline completely from the last 8 months or whatever it's been.

That's funny to me
I think the main thing is Grant. Him having fumblitis is very publicly known. There really were a lot of positive signs, but that is the kind of retarded, common sense shit that we thought was behind us. Hopefully they learn from it, but really this isn’t something that should need learning at this level from our assistants. EJ should know better, and if not Satterfield should be telling him to get him the fuck off the field. I’d bet Rhule has had this discussion with them.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think he was giving an honest assessment. Like he said if our team doesn't handle the situation, if they can't just focus on the football we get rolled. No one thinks we are going to roll over CU in any scenario. It sure would be sweet if we did no doubt, but lets face it, deep in most our hearts we don't think thats a reasonable outcome to even think about. He watched that game just like we did. Colorado looked damn good on offense. And it isn't like TCU is a lame opponent. So many want to say TCU sucks. That might be the case too, but I submit that that same TCU team would beat us by at least 14 points. You can't reasonably ignore what they did and how they did it. True we have the advantage of seeing it on film where TCU went in blind but CU's offense got better as the game went on so I think its safe to say that TCU had no answers at all.
He sounded like a guy who was guarded with what he wanted to say. He didn’t want to add fuel to the fire especially since the media wanted to make a story of what he said this past season which really wasn’t even a shot at Colorado. I hope Rhule is playing the us against the world narrative with his team this week.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He sounded like a guy who was guarded with what he wanted to say. He didn’t want to add fuel to the fire especially since the media wanted to make a story of what he said this past season which really wasn’t even a shot at Colorado. I hope Rhule is playing the us against the world narrative with his team this week.
I really don't think Rhule is the type to pack it in after one bad result. FFS that's not how he got this far in life.

If anything he's got to be shaking his head at all the perfectly normal people around here who are dialing suicide help lines after one week of football.

The season is a grind. Losing is a grind. It gets tiring doing these weekly press requirements, esp when you gotta put lipstick on a pig like he does this year.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I really don't think Rhule is the type to pack it in after one bad result. FFS that's not how he got this far in life.

If anything he's got to be shaking his head at all the perfectly normal people around here who are dialing suicide help lines after one week of football.

The season is a grind. Losing is a grind. It gets tiring doing these weekly press requirements, esp when you gotta put lipstick on a pig like he does this year.
The irritating thing is people who think that I ever said Rhule is packing it in. If anything I think it will be the opposite. That doesn't change my opinion that he is viewing the game on Saturday as an extreme challenge based on CU's game and our game.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the main thing is Grant. Him having fumblitis is very publicly known. There really were a lot of positive signs, but that is the kind of retarded, common sense shit that we thought was behind us. Hopefully they learn from it, but really this isn’t something that should need learning at this level from our assistants. EJ should know better, and if not Satterfield should be telling him to get him the fuck off the field. I’d bet Rhule has had this discussion with them.
Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned about Rhule, is he'll lay into people and let them know exactly what he thinks needs done.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds