Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I haven’t watched an NBA game in probably 8 years or so… (1 Viewer)

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
I can proudly say it’s been longer than 8 years for me! Was at a bar last night and saw one of the teams had patches for Love’s truck stops??? They’re trying to sell advertising on their uniforms now???

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can proudly say it’s been longer than 8 years for me! Was at a bar last night and saw one of the teams had patches for Love’s truck stops??? They’re trying to sell advertising on their uniforms now???
Good source of revenue and European professional teams have been doing it for years.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Great idea. English soccer has the leagues plus two cups at the highest level. This should be adopted in more sports GBR NFM

Last edited:

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Tonight I turned on my TV expecting to see the news and saw the Lakers being presented with the “NBA Cup” by winning the “in-season tournament”. I’ve never been more confused in my life. WTF is this dumbass shit?
Since the 90's for me.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tonight I turned on my TV expecting to see the news and saw the Lakers being presented with the “NBA Cup” by winning the “in-season tournament”. I’ve never been more confused in my life. WTF is this dumbass shit?
The NBA had two choices:
1. Cut the regular season down because no one gives a shit about 89% of it and start at Christmas, but this also means cut your media revenue

Or

2. Find a way to make more of the regular season watchable and this is where the in season tournament was born, which is modeled after European cups in basketball and soccer. Winners get like $500k of free money so that's cool for the bench guys

It was a funky experiment but has been a success basically any way you slice it. TV ratings are up. Lots of good games that had a playoff feel and the players really gave a shit.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
troll

doublewing

Running Back
I've grown to like the NBA much more. I was always much more of a CBB fan but the college game is nothing like it was.

I don't typically get into the NBA until after football season but do enjoy the daily fantasy/gambling aspects of it.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
I've grown to like the NBA much more. I was always much more of a CBB fan but the college game is nothing like it was.

I don't typically get into the NBA until after football season but do enjoy the daily fantasy/gambling aspects of it.
100%

The NBA is about 500x more entertaining than college hoops. The skill level and athleticism of guys in the Association is just bananas

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
100%

The NBA is about 500x more entertaining than college hoops. The skill level and athleticism of guys in the Association is just bananas

For sure. And honestly outside of Nebraska games I’d rather watch the NFL than CFB for the most part.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds