Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Have you watched Dune 2 yet? (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Apparently it’s amazing

I might go to the movie theater for the first time since about 2018 or 2019 to watch it

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Like always they totally pussed out with the story as the author wrote it. I'll go see it but I know I'm going to hate what they did to the story.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Like always they totally pussed out with the story as the author wrote it. I'll go see it but I know I'm going to hate what they did to the story.

You very likely won't find a bigger reader of all the Dune books here. Not only the original 6, but all of the follow ups and pre-Dune books his son and collaborator did. I've read the original 6 at least a dozen times, am on God Emperor of Dune right now. I've read the others by his son several times also (well, the last/most current 3 only once so far, but the rest at least 3 times each). So I have a very good grasp of the complicated Dune universe and story lines Frank Herbert wrote.

I can't stand how directors and writers change books adapted to film. The first Dune remake that came out a couple years ago, just didn't catch the right vibe or feel of the book. I mean, it was a good show, but too many things are not as they were written. So I expect this current show will be similar. I am sure it will be good, but for me, it likely won't hit on what the book portrays well enough. Plus silly, nonsense changes like Kynes being a woman in the movie. Why?

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
You very likely won't find a bigger reader of all the Dune books here. Not only the original 6, but all of the follow ups and pre-Dune books his son and collaborator did. I've read the original 6 at least a dozen times, am on God Emperor of Dune right now. I've read the others by his son several times also (well, the last/most current 3 only once so far, but the rest at least 3 times each). So I have a very good grasp of the complicated Dune universe and story lines Frank Herbert wrote.

I can't stand how directors and writers change books adapted to film. The first Dune remake that came out a couple years ago, just didn't catch the right vibe or feel of the book. I mean, it was a good show, but too many things are not as they were written. So I expect this current show will be similar. I am sure it will be good, but for me, it likely won't hit on what the book portrays well enough. Plus silly, nonsense changes like Kynes being a woman in the movie. Why?

I dont know how you read Brian's books

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member

But the female Kynes delivered one of the best lines of the remake movie.

I see both sides of the book adaptation faithful/creative arguments. I'm annoyed by some changes and I'm more forgiving with others. I basically think that if the director gives you something 90% faithful and does quality work then they've done a good job.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG

Ellie Kemper Nerd GIF by The Office

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Ive only read the first book. Villenevue does a great job of building the world of Dune I think. Hes a great director (Sicario, Arrival, Prisoners). I hope he does a better job of portraying the real Chani (wood) in the second movie

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

I just know they are going to turn Paul into a selfless hero instead of what he is in the books.....WAY worse than those he deposes.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I just know they are going to turn Paul into a selfless hero instead of what he is in the books.....WAY worse than those he deposes.
Because of the world destroying conquest and such? Love all the books. Frank Herbert is the GOAT of world building Sci-fi books. I thought the first movie was pretty good, and I'm curious to see what they do with the second half. I selfishly wish they would keep the serious going so we can see Duncan Idaho's character continue to evolve as it does in the books.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I heard they will make a prequel series about the Bene Gesserit and I gotta say I'm pretty interested in that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds