Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Watched the week 2 presser. Some thoughts (2 Viewers)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know it well and it's fine if you didn't get the same thing I did from his press conference. But when you try to undermine my opinion with comments like that I won't take your disagreement seriously.
Understood. I had a situation earlier today where I was asking a question, and it sort of turned into whether I approved of pot users or not - instead of the real reason for my question, LOL.

Two things, don't take @HuskerDocCo seriously - he's really 109 vs. 99 years old. Take me more seriously than him, but I'm mostly not the type to dig my heels in on a topic. I respect others thoughts and opinions, but it may be tougher to know if I agree with you or not because of it. Squabbling on an internet message board seems like a significant waste of time and energy.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wow, this thread...

Dan Marino Holy Shit GIF

Stenge85

Linebacker
Elite Member
People forget how close this fan base was to truly giving up last year. Like not turning the game on level of quitting. The Rhule-aid delayed the apathy a little bit, but after Thursday’s debacle it is right back. Fair or not, Rhule doesn’t have the luxury of a 4 year rebuild. We need to win at some point. People are giving up and a loss to the Buffs would be 3 times the meltdown we saw Thursday

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Understood. I had a situation earlier today where I was asking a question, and it sort of turned into whether I approved of pot users or not - instead of the real reason for my question, LOL.

Two things, don't take @HuskerDocCo seriously - he's really 109 vs. 99 years old. Take me more seriously than him, but I'm mostly not the type to dig my heels in on a topic. I respect others thoughts and opinions, but it may be tougher to know if I agree with you or not because of it. Squabbling on an internet message board seems like a significant waste of time and energy.
dont you bring me into this shit thread sumbitch ! Fvckin @Sous Chef gat damit grab a switch so i can lay into your tushy !!! damnit fellas !!! Grown men Gettin boned up about these young fellas

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
People forget how close this fan base was to truly giving up last year. Like not turning the game on level of quitting. The Rhule-aid delayed the apathy a little bit, but after Thursday’s debacle it is right back. Fair or not, Rhule doesn’t have the luxury of a 4 year rebuild. We need to win at some point. People are giving up and a loss to the Buffs would be 3 times the meltdown we saw Thursday
This was sort of thing that kinda concerns me now. Yeah, Turd can advertise a new coach to us, but this shit is getting REALLY old new coach or not. It's not fair to Rhule, I admit that. But losing can blow me.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
“You were wrong about Frost so you don’t get to tell me that my opinion about being able to determine the outcome of a game from a Monday presser is a bad take.”

Do you really hear yourself now?
Do you hear yourself? I never said I know the outcome of the game. Typical strawman bullshit that you always spew. I draw the conclusion that your opinions are worthless from data points you have provided in the past. Repeatedly. You are going on ignore now. And I've never ignored any poster including Ducksker (aka Kitty) either because I'm not scared of a different opinion than what I want to hear. Your opinions are totally without value in any way shape or form.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Actually if you pay attention he only has one take ever. Anything said that he perceives as negative must be attacked.

Things I’ve been negative on in the past 8 months and change:

1) Marcus Satterfield - Never put together a top 40 offense

2) Garrett McGuire - one year of any coaching experience

3) Donovan Raiola - I don’t think he’s bad. But I thought a big ten program should look to do better.

4) EJ Barthel - very little experience

5) Bob Wager - zero recruiting experience

6) Dvorak - very little experience

7) Terrance Knighton - very little experience

8) the lack of experience by this entire staff is something you can have concerns about. This staff doesn’t just lack college coaching experience. It lacks COACHING experience.

I was vehemently against Jeff Sims being the QB and have said that Casey Thompson makes this the best team we can have. I flat out said that this is one decision Rhule is going to want back.

Huddling in the offense.

Use of a fullback.

Managing Ajay Allen out the door.

I was one of the more negative people about recruiting in June while everyone else wanted us to believe all of the players Rhule has committed are diamonds in the rough first round picks and just need his “development.”

I have been on the more negative side of the way Matt Rhule has conducted business than the average person. I have made my opinions known and then moved on so I don’t constantly beat dead horses when it comes to something negative.

The difference here is if I end up being right on any of the things above I’m not coming back for “gotcha” points. Because why? Why would it matter? Being “right” doesn’t change the fact that our favorite sport and team in the entire world blows. So being “right” doesn’t exclude me from being in the same spot as everybody else.

Seems as though making grand conclusions based on such little information is your strong suit @Sous Chef . It also supports my first premise in this thread, which was you can find anything you’re looking for in a Monday presser.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Do you hear yourself? I never said I know the outcome of the game. Typical strawman bullshit that you always spew. I draw the conclusion that your opinions are worthless from data points you have provided in the past. Repeatedly. You are going on ignore now. And I've never ignored any poster including Ducksker (aka Kitty) either because I'm not scared of a different opinion than what I want to hear. Your opinions are totally without value in any way shape or form.

Dude… you’re ridiculous. But it’s entertaining that I have triggered you this much.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds