Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Watched the week 2 presser. Some thoughts (1 Viewer)

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
1. Rhule doesn't have the same spark he did a week ago. He knows now what's fixable and more to the point what isn't. Jeff Sims and over all depth on the roster.

2. Unfair or not Rhule is going to pay the bill for the last 23 years of incompetent HC's. EVERYTHING that happens will be under a microscope and scrutinized and questioned in ways that no first year head coach doing a rebuild project would have to deal with in almost any other situation.

3. Rhule doesn't give us much chance to win Saturday. The only time his demeanor got brighter was when he talked about our home stretch after the Colorado game. I have to wonder if his main concern right now is how to maintain and build confidence as a team after what he suspects will happen Saturday happens.

4. He's not wrong about this team being a whole lot better than last year same time. The problem is our chosen, hand picked QB is a turnover machine and our best running back is too. And he knows that at a certain point a player is who the film says they are. So he knows we aren't winning very many games this year in spite of all the improvements on defense and special teams. With even average QB play this is a seven or eight win team. We can only hope that someday we see out of Sims what he seems to have seen in him when he got him to come here.

5. I still love the guy and am very glad he's our head coach.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
It's funny how we all acknowledged that his first years at other stops have been complete ass, yet we're pissed off that what we thought would happen, happened. A good portion of everyone predicted a MN loss, and we lost, and we're still mad. I understand the context of why we're mad, and me too, but it's just that predicting misery is never actually the same as experiencing misery.

Fuck Colorado

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
that Norther Illinois game is going to be monumental, you go to 0-3 and then what? It’s 2018 all over again. Folks don’t seem to realize how big of a deal winning and losing is. “This was a 6-6 season anyway”. Well ya it is 6-6 if you win games like Minnesota, when you blow your winnable games things snowball in a fucking hurry and we are about to witness that.

This fanbase should figure out that winning actually matters and losing has consequences. We are the equivalent of the New York Football Jets in the NFL, all hype and no substance.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
It's funny how we all acknowledged that his first years at other stops have been complete ass, yet we're pissed off that what we thought would happen, happened. A good portion of everyone predicted a MN loss, and we lost, and we're still mad. I understand the context of why we're mad, and me too, but it's just that predicting misery is never actually the same as experiencing misery.

Fuck Colorado
You are right but it also has to do with how we lost. It’s rinse and repeat of the same issues as the previous decade. Everyone also got to witness how bad Sims and the offense is in general so now we know we are fucked.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
You are right but it also has to do with how we lost. It’s rinse and repeat of the same issues as the previous decade. Everyone also got to witness how bad Sims and the offense is in general so now we know we are fucked.
I know that. We also knew he was turnover prone though. Everyone has talked about it for months.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member

Fuck Colorado
Hopefully you can understand that expectations at Nebraska are far different than temple and Baylor. First year or not.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
It’s honestly incredible how things appear to be so flipped after just one game.

Colorado and Deion are oozing confidence. Rhule and not Nebraska, doesn’t seem like it.

Winning matters. First week or not. Fans have to stop acting like the first week doesn’t matter. It does because shit tends to snowball with this team in the worst way.

Yes Nebraska could win this game. But would you bet on it? I doubt it. The coach that no one wanted in the offseason has stupid levels of swagger right now. And that’s rubbing off on his players.

This. Shit. Matters.

People forget this after just one game, but Colorado was a worse team than Nebraska last year.

They had one freaking win!

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
It’s honestly incredible how things appear to be so flipped after just one game.

Colorado and Deion are oozing confidence. Rhule and not Nebraska, doesn’t seem like it.

Winning matters. First week or not. Fans have to stop acting like the first week doesn’t matter. It does because shit tends to snowball with this team in the worst way.

Yes Nebraska could win this game. But would you bet on it? I doubt it. The coach that no one wanted in the offseason has stupid levels of swagger right now. And that’s rubbing off on his players.

This. Shit. Matters.

People forget this after just one game, but Colorado was a worse team than Nebraska last year.

They had one freaking win!
For real. The snowball can roll both ways. Winning these games can be the difference in us landing 1 or 2 stud croots. That can eventually snowball into more studs. Instead we will be scraping up whatever scrubs we can find. When is the last time we had a true star player? Colorado has zero depth, but they are showing if you have a few great pieces you can win.

We. Need. Wins.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
For real. The snowball can roll both ways. Winning these games can be the difference in us landing 1 or 2 stud croots. That can eventually snowball into more studs. Instead we will be scraping up whatever scrubs we can find. When is the last time we had a true star player? Colorado has zero depth, but they are showing if you have a few great pieces you can win.

We. Need. Wins.
I know a lot of Nebraska fans are really annoyed and pissed about the non stop talk of Deion.

I’ve said this a thousand times, what did Nebraska fans think would happen?

This offseason I wanted Deion because he was drastically different than anything we’ve ever had. I think it was the perfect time to have something we’ve never had.

Deion was Nebraskas golden egg and I worry they dropped it.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Most successful people don't operate that way, particularly people who are process oriented.
So are you insinuating that Rhule is not a successful person? I'm trying to understand your statement a bit better.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Hopefully you can understand that expectations at Nebraska are far different than temple and Baylor. First year or not.
Yes. But we were all accepting of Rhule's track record since day 1. The only reason it's now an issue is because of how we lost. Had it have been 14 or 17 points or whatever, it's another loss and we all accept it's a rebuild. But, a bad redzone decision, Sims' turnovers, and Grant in the game with a fumble all of a sudden changes the storyline completely from the last 8 months or whatever it's been.

That's funny to me

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
I know a lot of Nebraska fans are really annoyed and pissed about the non stop talk of Deion.

I’ve said this a thousand times, what did Nebraska fans think would happen?

This offseason I wanted Deion because he was drastically different than anything we’ve ever had. I think it was the perfect time to have something we’ve never had.

Deion was Nebraskas golden egg and I worry they dropped it.
Hahah! Dork! Could you tells us all please how many points Colorado will beat us by?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
that Norther Illinois game is going to be monumental, you go to 0-3 and then what? It’s 2018 all over again. Folks don’t seem to realize how big of a deal winning and losing is. “This was a 6-6 season anyway”. Well ya it is 6-6 if you win games like Minnesota, when you blow your winnable games things snowball in a fucking hurry and we are about to witness that.

This fanbase should figure out that winning actually matters and losing has consequences. We are the equivalent of the New York Football Jets in the NFL, all hype and no substance.
NIU game we probably only have a 20-30% chance of winning. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us by 2+ TDs. We're staring at a 2 win season, folks.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds