Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wait, so Nebraska NIL actually sucks? (3 Viewers)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He basically says “We aren’t anywhere near where we should be because we trusted everyone else to play by the rules. They haven’t, so now we are behind. But we’ll catch up quickly and I expect us to.”

Not sure why he’s saying it’s that negative. That’s good to hear that we’ll be good in short order.
The blog seemed pretty balanced to me.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I think our NIL is equipped to offer something to players Lineman and Linebackers who wouldn’t normally see an NIL opportunity at most places. It’s not equipped to get in a bidding war with Georgia or Ohio State.

Maybe that’s what he said in his blog, I haven’t read it

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
OP? I'm losing track of who "he" is, TC.
Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
The 1890 Initiative website is no longer on the innerwebs, that I can find. Is Matty D already fucking our NIL up?
There was a radio button on the site for anyone to donate, any amount. Interesting though that the site is no longer up

EDIT: https://www.1890nebraska.com/ it’s still there but not easy to find

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think he's right that our NIL isn't top 3 and probably not even top 15. Maybe top 25ish. His examples of why suck though.

His main premise of using last years recruiting ranking is fucking stupid. Our recruiting class last year sucked because they weren't recruiting and Frost was on the way out and everyone knew it. Mickey, etc landed more recruits between signing days than the old staff did in the months leading up to that point. Had little to do with NIL.

The people and their donate $10 will add up! Is bullshit. One of those collectives should do something like that because it's easy but it's not even close to a difference maker.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly, a lot of the NIL hype was Bean washing Gerrod’s balls (and then deflecting whenever anyone requested he prove the bullshit he was spewing).

I NEVER bought that our NIL was anywhere close to the top of CFB, let alone even the B1G.

One thing SSO said was that we didn’t/don’t have a way for fans to donate, but I’m pretty positive I saw that at one point…..but it seems clear it never took off if we aren’t all immediately aware of its existence.

We’ve got a ways to go, clearly…..but if Rhule puts a decent product on the field, I see us making a huge jump. Hard to get wallets to fly open when we were stuck with Frost and his insistence on maintaining the bowl-drought.
I figured we were a top NIL team in the BIG since most of the schools don’t want to play the game. I also heard Michigan wasn’t big on NIL, but maybe they are spending some because they have been getting pretty good transfers. It could also be the fact they are really good.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds