Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wait, so Nebraska NIL actually sucks? (1 Viewer)

NEHusker54

Cornerback
who-the-fuck-is-this-asshole.gif

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member

Have I been misled into believing our NIL was good?
I guess the article was by the guy who goes by ShortSideOption on Twitter. He has some conflicting information because I thought I read an article that Trey Palmer didn't take any NIL money and just focused on football. So who knows which one is correct. But he obviously doesn't know how bad ABM was mismanaged by Gayrod and they were skimming players and etc.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I guess the article was by the guy who goes by ShortSideOption on Twitter. He has some conflicting information because I thought I read an article that Trey Palmer didn't take any NIL money and just focused on football. So who knows which one is correct.
SSO was a long time poster with good info on one of the message boards before he got ran off. I think it was HuskerMax but not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
SSO was a long time poster with good info on one of the message boards before he got run off. I think it was HuskerMax but not 100% sure.
Yeah he's solid from what I've seen.

Don't get the salt itt. Nothing I've seen from our NIL organization has screamed top 10-20 let alone top 3.

Doesn't mean it won't get there in short order. I'm just curious whether Rhule leans towards the Cockeye or TAMU end of the spectrum or if that's irrelevant and up to the collectives themselves. Still not sure how all this shit works.

whoboppin

Linebacker
Posted this on the scrolls,

I don't know why people are so reluctant to accept that Nebraska has a good NIL program. Even if its not Bama or A&M, who fing cares. They are in a different stratosphere right now in recruiting. We dont recruit the same as them. Bama getting 6 5 stars instead of 4 5 stars because of NIL literally does not effect Nebraska at all. Vry rarely are we ever head to head with them. It does not matter, so there is no reason to worry about them or compare to them

Where is does matter is with who Nebraska usually recruits against. UCLA, Washington, Oregon, ASU, VTech, Ok St, TTech, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Cockeye, Michigan, PSU etc. Nebraska's NIL program is better then most of those schools and can help be the final edge to get recruits to Nebraska.

Start winning and it will only make it easier for recruits to come to Nebraska. I think Nebraska on the second go around (portal) can be a very attractive place which can be a advantage for Nebrsaka. Once Nebraska starts consistently getting top 8-15 classes I'll worry about competing with Bama, OSU, and A&M.

Lonny Boysen

Told Wager to Order The Leaning Tower

Don't get the salt itt. Nothing I've seen from our NIL organizatioon has screamed top 10-20 let alone top 3.

Doesn't mean it won't get there in short order. I'm just curious whether Rhule leans towards the Cockeye or TAMU end of the spectrum or if that's irrelevant and up to the collectives themselves. Still not sure how all this shit works.
Honestly, a lot of the NIL hype was Bean washing Gerrod’s balls (and then deflecting whenever anyone requested he prove the bullshit he was spewing).

I NEVER bought that our NIL was anywhere close to the top of CFB, let alone even the B1G.

One thing SSO said was that we didn’t/don’t have a way for fans to donate, but I’m pretty positive I saw that at one point…..but it seems clear it never took off if we aren’t all immediately aware of its existence.

We’ve got a ways to go, clearly…..but if Rhule puts a decent product on the field, I see us making a huge jump. Hard to get wallets to fly open when we were stuck with Frost and his insistence on maintaining the bowl-drought.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

Don't get the salt itt. Nothing I've seen from our NIL organization has screamed top 10-20 let alone top 3.

He basically says “We aren’t anywhere near where we should be because we trusted everyone else to play by the rules. They haven’t, so now we are behind. But we’ll catch up quickly and I expect us to.”

Not sure why he’s saying it’s that negative. That’s good to hear that we’ll be good in short order.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds