Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lettuce discuss Angel Reese

I really enjoyed First Take yesterday when Monica McNutt said they could have been covering WNBA for years. They don’t cover WNBA, MLL, MLS or any other dumb thing for the same reason.. ratings. If more people showed interest they wouldn’t be talking about the NFL, MLB and NBA non stop. WNBA is reaching all time highs in viewership and they still don’t have a million people tuning in.

I’m fucking tired of all of my news feeds and suggested articles across social media being about the WNBA or Cunt-lyn Clark. I don’t even open any of the shit so I’m not sure why the algorithm is doing this to me.
Same.

She's in my Google feed CONSTANTLY. I'm about ready to switch over to dogpile.com for good.

I’m fucking tired of all of my news feeds and suggested articles across social media being about the WNBA or Cunt-lyn Clark. I don’t even open any of the shit so I’m not sure why the algorithm is doing this to me.
Because it's being forced on us. ESPN list womens scores before mens so we gotta scroll through. Talk show host are creating drama and feeding it. It's all a concerted effort.

Twitter: You like Nebraska football and the NFL and MLB and NHL ETC.??? LOOK WHAT CAITLYN CLARK DID.

I've even gone through and hit not interested on anything WNBA and all I ever see is that hood rat bitch Reese with her far apart slanted sideway hood rat fucking eyes talking nonsense.

The most hilarious thing of all is that they are emulating the NBA and all it's thuggish selfish me first attitude which is the main reason basketball has dropped off IMO.

If you want the WNBA to be a softer and less appealing version of the NBA, have fun. Literally a caricature of the NBA with worse athletes and little interest.

Sorry for the rant.

Really interesting/strange time for women's bball. As a non-fan outsider, does this seem about right?:

• Caitlin Clark becomes one of the best women's college bball players ever, and does it with an entertaining playing style and controversial (especially for women) attitude, which leads to record numbers of viewers and attention over the past couple years
  • Angel Reese and others taunt Clark during the brief moment the spotlight was on women's bball, which made them villains even though Clark was known for her own trash talking
  • The WNBA absurdly starts their season like a month after college bball ends, which means rookies like Clark and Reese go through their seasons + tourney, get drafted, and then are start their pro careers immediately while they're burnt out and fatigued and unaccustomed to their new teams or elevated competition
  • Clark is on a shitty team and isn't playing like a world-beater, WNBA people shit on her because they're jealous of the attention, certain black people shit on her because they think race plays a role in her popularity, certain white people latch onto her as yet another pawn in their culture wars and as an excuse to shit on black players they claim to not even care about
  • The media is completely beholden to clickbait and outrage so they stir and stir and stir the pot until the masses suddenly decide they care about WNBA and take a side and yell at each other
  • People start tuning into WNBA for the first time ever, only to realize the product is just not entertaining at all because (in my opinon) basketball seems to me like one of the sports that suffers the most due to inherent differences in height/athleticism, especially taking into consideration the size of the hoop/court which just makes the action on the court seem unimpressive
  • The negativity becomes a spiral until everyone is miserable and the public stops giving a fuck
  • Women's sports in general take the biggest hit because so much energy and media attention was given to propping up (possible) shitty people in a (definitely) shitty league as a paragon of sports evolution and progress instead of much more exciting/entertaining women's sports like volleyball or tennis or gymnastics or soccer or softball or any number of better options.
giphy.gif

Really interesting/strange time for women's bball. As a non-fan outsider, does this seem about right?:

• Caitlin Clark becomes one of the best women's college bball players ever, and does it with an entertaining playing style and controversial (especially for women) attitude, which leads to record numbers of viewers and attention over the past couple years
  • Angel Reese and others taunt Clark during the brief moment the spotlight was on women's bball, which made them villains even though Clark was known for her own trash talking
  • The WNBA absurdly starts their season like a month after college bball ends, which means rookies like Clark and Reese go through their seasons + tourney, get drafted, and then are start their pro careers immediately while they're burnt out and fatigued and unaccustomed to their new teams or elevated competition
  • Clark is on a shitty team and isn't playing like a world-beater, WNBA people shit on her because they're jealous of the attention, certain black people shit on her because they think race plays a role in her popularity, certain white people latch onto her as yet another pawn in their culture wars and as an excuse to shit on black players they claim to not even care about
  • The media is completely beholden to clickbait and outrage so they stir and stir and stir the pot until the masses suddenly decide they care about WNBA and take a side and yell at each other
  • People start tuning into WNBA for the first time ever, only to realize the product is just not entertaining at all because (in my opinon) basketball seems to me like one of the sports that suffers the most due to inherent differences in height/athleticism, especially taking into consideration the size of the hoop/court which just makes the action on the court seem unimpressive
  • The negativity becomes a spiral until everyone is miserable and the public stops giving a fuck
  • Women's sports in general take the biggest hit because so much energy and media attention was given to propping up (possible) shitty people in a (definitely) shitty league as a paragon of sports evolution and progress instead of much more exciting/entertaining women's sports like volleyball or tennis or gymnastics or soccer or softball or any number of better options.
giphy.gif
Reading all that is way more effort than I ever want to devote to anything related to the WNBA

Same.

She's in my Google feed CONSTANTLY. I'm about ready to switch over to dogpile.com for good.

True.

But you could put CC in the whiny, crying, emotional, flopping category. I think I'd take bitch over CC. Now if CC would've attended LSU, my thoughts may change.

No one other than her mother would know who Angel Rease is without the pub that Clark has gotten WBB in the NCAA and the wNBA

&

The bitch seems more whiny to this untrained wNBA non-fan and non-give a shit about any of them.

I dunno, id pry give her the D. She kind of has the look though like she might be retarded so HAVE TO PULL OUT

PS maybe change thread title to “Would you bang Angel Reese?” Might lead to more traffic for the board

IMG_1787.jpeg

I dunno, id pry give her the D. She kind of has the look though like she might be retarded so HAVE TO PULL OUT

PS maybe change thread title to “Would you bang Angel Reese?” Might lead to more traffic for the board

View attachment 38124

I mean, if she brushes and flosses and cleans her undercarriage, there's definite potential.

So much effort into making women's basketball a thing and it's just sucks to watch. Should have put that effort into a sport that women can play entertainingly, instead of wasting it on basketball.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back