Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lettuce discuss the best QB from the 04 class (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Who you got?

Eli has 2 rings, a shit career outside those 2 years and a good last name.

Rivers no rings but a solid career.

Ben has 2 rings and a solid stat wise.

I would probably go Ben as best jmo

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Ben is #1 for sure
I guess Eli overRivers because of the rings? But ya he was really average outside of those two runs

Rivers had a lot of comeback wins and a lot of stats. But some of that is because he would play like shit for a half and then have to bring the Chargers back

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Ben is #1 for sure
I guess Eli overRivers because of the rings? But ya he was really average outside of those two runs

Rivers had a lot of comeback wins and a lot of stats. But some of that is because he would play like shit for a half and then have to bring the Chargers back
I think Rivers is a much better QB than Eli... I think Eli just got hot twice and had the defense.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Super Bowl wins is an incredibly dumb metric to measure the greatness of a QB

Pipehog69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I think it’s Rivers. Ben had a great head coach, amazing string of great receivers his entire career, pretty good to great defenses, and unlike Rivers he had actual home field advantage for half of his games. Put Phil in Ben’s situation and I think he has a better career.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Yeah but super bowl wins depends on defense and supporting cast in football.

No one is going to argue Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino - it’s a terrible metric for comparison.
Oh I completely agree, but I think it is part of their resume either way. It is on you and I to interpret the information properly.

I am not trying to make a Sipple level argument where he said W/L record was the best way to judge a QB while Hornibrook was being Hornibrook.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yeah but super bowl wins depends on defense and supporting cast in football.

No one is going to argue Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino - it’s a terrible metric for comparison.
But if you’re comparing similar QBs playoff success is a factor.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fuck Joe Flacco and Trent Dilfer won a super bowl
Eli beat the GOAT twice to get his rings. That is worth something. His career all comes down to those two rings because without them he doesn’t go into the HOF for sure.

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I take Big Ben but these 3 were also the most unintentionally funny group of QBs. Eli's dumb faces on the sidelines. Rivers talking shit without cussing and having 30 kids. Big Ben's outfits, wearing a walking boot, and having a big dumb face. Gonna miss this old boy

1643400656098.png
1643400670775.png

1643400704021.png

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Maybe individual performance should be but is Josh Allen any less good because the Bills lost in OT to the chiefs in the playoffs?
No

But if compare Allen and Mahomes…Mahomes gets the nod because of his playoff success

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds