Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lettuce discuss Colorado's recruiting tactics (2 Viewers)

doublewing

Running Back
When the 30 for 30 on the absurdities of NIL and this era of CFB in general, the lambos and LV man purses will be prominently featured.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
This Colorado recruiting method with the luxury sports cars all seems so late 80s/early 90s to me but makes sense because of the era Deion is from.

The gimmicky-ness will run its course and become less and less effective without some wins to back it up. Also, if I were a coach I'd be looking for kids that were interested in the weight room, playbook and peer recruiting than a Lamborghini.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
When the 30 for 30 on the absurdities of NIL and this era of CFB in general, the lambos and LV man purses will be prominently featured.
At least make it a cool Lambo if you are going to do that.. an Urus is literally the last choice in the Lambo options

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Colorado will be good over the next three years. DS can coach and recruit.
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think he can recruit...I don't know if he can coach or not. Sanders is the very definition of a boom or bust candidate.

Hail mary hire by that AD for a program that has been down even worse than Nebraska.

He will not have the talent advantage he had at Jackson St.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
The whole Deion / buffs thing feels off to me. It feels like it’s got future violations and all that typa stuff written all over it. Might very well be wrong, and would be fine being wrong, but I’ve got a feeling it’s not gonna work out.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
That picture above, with the awkward pose of trying to be tough, looks like something created out of a photo generator like Dall-e mini.

Prompt: a flexing Colorado football player standing in front of a Lamborghini and holding a highly fashionable purse

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
The whole Deion / buffs thing feels off to me. It feels like it’s got future violations and all that typa stuff written all over it. Might very well be wrong, and would be fine being wrong, but I’ve got a feeling it’s not gonna work out.

They don't really give out violations anymore FYI

Looking into the crystal ball on the Deion stuff, it will probably not fail. They went 1-11 last year and were easily one of the worst and least energetic programs in FBS. If you think that it will get worse I'll take those odds. At worst this is a 3-9 team, which is improvement.

This won't fail by my expectations, which are low, but it will for anyone expecting a 9 win season in 2024 and a playoff berth at all, which many do. I don't think Colorado expects that based on his salary.

How this goes, IMO:
- Deion comes in, brings in top 30 recruiting class.
- Team goes 4-8 next year, gets blown out frequently
- Deion signs top 15 recruiting class
- Team goes 7-5
- Deion leaves for an ACC school with NIL bags (UNC, FSU, Miami??)
- Sean Lewis named HC
- Some transfers, not as many as some would think
- Colorado 5-7 in perpetuity

If this doesn't work, it's because they miss a bowl game in year 2. At that point it could get interesting. Casuals love to discuss and follow Deion when he's 12-0 but when he's 6-18 through 2 years it's just a sideshow. That obscurity works against the principles the hire was based on.

doublewing

Running Back
I think its off not because of potential violations (because what is a violation anymore?) but due to what seems to be a flimsy foundation of trying to pull in recruits based on bling and the Deion persona.

I also think that Deion would have been better served at a group of 5 school to start with in D1. The immediate jump seems a bit rushed and a school like CU isn't known to provide great resources and support for their HC.

Deion will create immediate excitement but that will be lost when they are getting blown out. We'll find out how Deion is as a coach at that point.

Hotcarl

Linebacker
Elite Member
The amount of publicity our fanbase and media is giving these idiots is nauseating. We’ve probably tripled the amount of exposure they would get otherwise. Deion is gonna fail but they won with this.

BigDickDean

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think its off not because of potential violations (because what is a violation anymore?) but due to what seems to be a flimsy foundation of trying to pull in recruits based on bling and the Deion persona.

I also think that Deion would have been better served at a group of 5 school to start with in D1. The immediate jump seems a bit rushed and a school like CU isn't known to provide great resources and support for their HC.

Deion will create immediate excitement but that will be lost when they are getting blown out. We'll find out how Deion is as a coach at that point.
Also I feel like coaches aren't going to be letting off the gas and be nice to Deion. There will be some scores run up on him because of his personality that I'm sure some coaches will want to stick it to him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds