Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (2 Viewers)

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
This might be #1 for me. Every time I fly out of my homebase at DFW multiple people who typically don't speak English get turned back by the gate agent at boarding with the comment being something like, "sir, we are only board executive platinum right now. You're group 7. Please step aside."

I would say that's racist but it's highly accurate so the math checks out.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
As someone that does business in Fairfield County regularly (took this flight round trip 30+ times last year) - it really can’t be beat for convenience. Such a game changer.

White Plains works as long as you can time your arrival to depart. Spending more than 15 minutes in that waiting area sucks balls.

Last edited:

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
Pretty much everything. People are entitled assholes.

I have traveled somewhat heavily for 20 years for work and leisure.

I used to get irritated by inconsiderate assholes. Maybe it's getting older but not anymore as I simply ignore most of them.

Traveling is anxiety ridden for a lot of people which makes them act weird and sometimes extremely entitled. Most people are OK once they get their seats and bags secured.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
White Plains works as long as you can time your arrival to depart. Spending more than 15 minutes in that waiting area sucks balls.
It’s the worst waiting area of any airport I’ve ever been to. Even worse than the old LNK terminal somehow.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Freaking love flying actually (I know that makes me weird) and try to go somewhere at least once a month.

I think as far as annoyance goes though, the person who's not ready to deplane when it gets to their row and the incredibly casual manor in which they grab their overhead bags is probably the most annoying thing there is. If you're not in a hurry, let everyone else get off first.

I don't mind people who stand up and move to the aisle right away, generally I do it just to stretch out and so I'm 100% ready to go as soon as it's my turn and nobody's waiting on me.

I also for some reason LOVE trying to fly as minimalist as possible. Last October I took a 6 day / 7 cities trip with only a backpack. It was incredible and you can skip so much of what sucks about flying.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Freaking love flying actually (I know that makes me weird) and try to go somewhere at least once a month.

I think as far as annoyance goes though, the person who's not ready to deplane when it gets to their row and the incredibly casual manor in which they grab their overhead bags is probably the most annoying thing there is. If you're not in a hurry, let everyone else get off first.

I don't mind people who stand up and move to the aisle right away, generally I do it just to stretch out and so I'm 100% ready to go as soon as it's my turn and nobody's waiting on me.

I also for some reason LOVE trying to fly as minimalist as possible. Last October I took a 6 day / 7 cities trip with only a backpack. It was incredible and you can skip so much of what sucks about flying.

Meme Pray GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
This might be #1 for me. Every time I fly out of my homebase at DFW multiple people who typically don't speak English get turned back by the gate agent at boarding with the comment being something like, "sir, we are only board executive platinum right now. You're group 7. Please step aside."
Nobody likes the Flight status poors. Know your place...back row by the crapper group 7...we are the elite fancy fliers so know your role!

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
my last trip reminded me of another one. Chatty old people.

I deliberately look as unapproachable as possible and a successful trip to me is if I get from point A to point B without communicating with a single human.

It’s always an older retired person that wants to ignore the AirPods, my clear avoidance of eye contact, and permanent snarl and ask me if I’m traveling for business or pleasure.

This last trip this dude was borderline arguing with me that I was someone famous that they’d seen before, in hindsight I should have said “I do gay adult films” and then watched that unfold with his wife, but I was 5 minutes slow thinking of it.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
my last trip reminded me of another one. Chatty old people.

I deliberately look as unapproachable as possible and a successful trip to me is if I get from point A to point B without communicating with a single human.

It’s always an older retired person that wants to ignore the AirPods, my clear avoidance of eye contact, and permanent snarl and ask me if I’m traveling for business or pleasure.

This last trip this dude was borderline arguing with me that I was someone famous that they’d seen before, in hindsight I should have said “I do gay adult films” and then watched that unfold with his wife, but I was 5 minutes slow thinking of it.
Yikes Blue.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds