Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (3 Viewers)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG

Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Natural9

Cornerback
Elite Member
Pre-covid, my wife could fly using my PreTSA as long as I was the one who booked the tickets and was flying with her. Post-covid, they stopped allowing her to piggyback on mine due to "safety." Not sure how her using my PreCheck is going to spread covid, but whatever. Long story short, it sucks flying with my wife now because she refuses to take the time to get her own PreTSA.
I told my wife that I refused to travel with her again until she got PreCheck. Made her an appt (took like 5 mins) and she reluctantly went and now we’re set.

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
As a former road warrior, I enjoy a couple hours of uninterrupted reading or work time.

By road warrior, I mean 2 million miler with Delta, 1 million+ with American. The people are fun to watch, so many interesting stories.

I was in Ohare a few years ago sitting next to a lovely Octogenarian. Her phone rang, but when she answered - nothing. Happened again about every 7-8 minutes. She complained about them continually hanging up. I finally asked her, “you do know that’s your alarm, right?.”

We both laughed so hard we neatly peed. Especially after I asked, “How long has this been going on?”

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I wouldn't say it pissed me off, but on a flight last week the guy in the row in front of me had the row to himself, but choose to sit in the aisle seat the entire flight. I can only assume he's a serial killer.

Meanwhile my row is full and the woman sitting in the middle seat was built like a god damned muffin, with her lower body fitting between the arm rests and her massively fat torso spilling over into my seat

Last edited:

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Not pissed off- actually a cool thing that happened:

I’m flying to White Plains from Charlotte, and turns out my flight attendant lives in Omaha and is a huge Husker fan. Her daughter used to cheer at UNL- we’ve been chatting about Nebraska the whole flight. She just came back and gave me this. Pretty cool.

IMG_6642.jpeg

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

I’m flying to White Plains from Charlotte, and turns out my flight attendant lives in Omaha and is a huge Husker fan. Her daughter used to cheer at UNL- we’ve been chatting about Nebraska the whole flight. She just came back and gave me this. Pretty cool.

View attachment 32886
That's pretty cool... I'm not even gonna rag on you for your smooth & dainty hands.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member

View attachment 32886

Man, you got to fly through White Plains and then that! What a day,

With all of the shitty airports in the Northeast, it was always such a win when I was traveling into Connecticut and could just go through that airport.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Man, you got to fly through White Plains and then that! What a day,

With all of the shitty airports in the Northeast, it was always such a win when I was traveling into Connecticut and could just go through that airport.
As someone that does business in Fairfield County regularly (took this flight round trip 30+ times last year) - it really can’t be beat for convenience. Such a game changer.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
People that jump up and swarm the gate once it’s time to board. You have a seat number, why the fuck are you trying to rush the gate when you are boarding group 6. Yay let’s go hurry up to sit on a plane for more than is needed.
This might be #1 for me. Every time I fly out of my homebase at DFW multiple people who typically don't speak English get turned back by the gate agent at boarding with the comment being something like, "sir, we are only board executive platinum right now. You're group 7. Please step aside."

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This might be #1 for me. Every time I fly out of my homebase at DFW multiple people who typically don't speak English get turned back by the gate agent at boarding with the comment being something like, "sir, we are only board executive platinum right now. You're group 7. Please step aside."
They're just reading how to get ahead in the world advice on LinkedIn. Gate agents don't care just force your way into Group 1. Lel

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds