Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (1 Viewer)

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
flying to Germany Friday...PLEASE GOD don't let a fatty-boom-ba-latty sit next to me for 9 hours...I'm not "little" 6'3" 250..but I'm not fat...maybe PHAT...haha

Will update...

fat honey boo boo GIF

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
flying to Germany Friday...PLEASE GOD don't let a fatty-boom-ba-latty sit next to me for 9 hours...I'm not "little" 6'3" 250..but I'm not fat...maybe PHAT...haha

Will update...

fat honey boo boo GIF
Some people are just big. It's not like you're Jim who carries an extra 2 bills of "pure muscle" but can't even throw up the 10s he has racked on the bar in his home gym

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
100%. AmEx lounge + priority pass is a game changer

100%, if you fly halfway regularly the Amex platinum is a game changer.

There’s some creative ways to tinker with the points for flights too using international airlines. My wife misbooked my flight from Antigua and I had to re-purchase a ticket last minute, ended up getting the flight for half the cost, used my points to cover it, and her company reimbursed the price the American Airline had posted for it so we pocketed like $900 from her whoopsie.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I freaking love it, but I'm socially aware enough to only do it if someone else engages too. Headphones means no talking hahaha

I always find it fascinating just how different an introvert and extroverts brain is wired in public environments.

I hate flying with my wife because she sees everyone within ear shot as a potential new friend, where I’d rather wear a shirt that says “Fuck off, I don’t like any of you”.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I always find it fascinating just how different an introvert and extroverts brain is wired in public environments.

I hate flying with my wife because she sees everyone within ear shot as a potential new friend, where I’d rather wear a shirt that says “Fuck off, I don’t like any of you”.
Travel to me means, 90% of the time, “Stay the fuck away from me.”

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

There’s some creative ways to tinker with the points for flights too using international airlines. My wife misbooked my flight from Antigua and I had to re-purchase a ticket last minute, ended up getting the flight for half the cost, used my points to cover it, and her company reimbursed the price the American Airline had posted for it so we pocketed like $900 from her whoopsie.

For sure. Free food, coffee, and booze pretty much anytime you travel, and the Amex lounges are really solid. Add free Clear + TSA pre, and travel is a breeze.

The hotel benefit is also pretty insane and more than pays for itself.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
For sure. Free food, coffee, and booze pretty much anytime you travel, and the Amex lounges are really solid. Add free Clear + TSA pre, and travel is a breeze.

The hotel benefit is also pretty insane and more than pays for itself.
AMEX Platinum is the best card for travel and it’s not even particularly close IMO

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member

Being "married" to United means I have their United Card. Gives me access to United Clubs. I stack up a ton of points and pretty much travel in the continental US for free for leisure. I have thought about looking for a new card but I am "stuck".

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds