Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Have you watched Dune 2 yet? (1 Viewer)

Docbezoar

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Like always they totally pussed out with the story as the author wrote it. I'll go see it but I know I'm going to hate what they did to the story.
How was it different . I felt it was a v good adaptation .liet-Keynes was changed to a black female. Otherwise good.
javier bardem as stilgar was an awesome choice

a side note for all the Catholics out there. The Bene gesserits were based on the author‘s view of jesuits…which isn’t far from reality imo

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
After watching a bad cam version of part 2 (I'm battling a cold the last few days and had nothing better to do 🤣) I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a extended version or directors cut at some point to help fill in some of the holes.

Also sounds like there is a possibility of a part 3 at some point down the road the director said he would like to take a break from Dune for now though.
I've never read the books, but it definitely felt like the middle third ending, and not the full story.

Did you want to go to slotslights.net after?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I've never read the books, but it definitely felt like the middle third ending, and not the full story.

Did you want to go to slotslights.net after?
Those damn ads are so loud 🤣. You have the volume cranked up to 11 because you can barely hear the movie and them bam one their ads comes on full blast. I would be lying if I said they hadn't made me jump more than once 🤣.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Those damn ads are so loud 🤣. You have the volume cranked up to 11 because you can barely hear the movie and them bam one their ads comes on full blast. I would be lying if I said they hadn't made me jump more than once 🤣.
I wouldn't know ;) ... but have heard that if you find a place like pirate bay or yts that has it uploaded vs one of the stream sites that the ads get edited out.

betsch

Safety
So how many movies are planned? Someone mentioned 6 books, does this cover the first 2 or does it do more of them?

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I wouldn't know ;) ... but have heard that if you find a place like pirate bay or yts that has it uploaded vs one of the stream sites that the ads get edited out.

This is probably the best way to go - (not that I would know either ;) ), but a torrent would/should be devoid of ads.

Unfortunately, all the torrents currently will be cam videos, which IMO, are not worth watching. Once it hits even pay to stream/watch at home sites, then it will have actual repacked torrents that will be good quality and not cam videos.

Again... not that I would know any of this firsthand.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
So how many movies are planned? Someone mentioned 6 books, does this cover the first 2 or does it do more of them?

Supposedly only one more movie, which will cover the next book, Dune Messiah. Dune Messiah is by far the shortest of the original 6 books. After that, the director says he's not interested in doing follow up movies of the rest of the books. I personally think all 6 original books would make great movies. Hope it happens.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Great movie. Very different from the book which was expected. Only 1 change i was not cool with

they made Chani way too much of a Lib
AMEN Chani either being a total bitch or totally butt hurt the whole movie was so fucking lame

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds