Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bruce Feldman cryptic comments about Frost situation (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Power doesn't change in the least. Whoever writes the biggest checks has the most amount of power. All comes down to having or not having success. Turd gave him another shot whether that was to appease people or not doesn't matter. Outside of some miracle run that isn't going to happen Frost is done and everyone including Frost knows it.

Alberts will still go to who is writing the biggest checks for approval on who to hire. He may have a little more leeway with the ones that wanted to save Frost but they will still very much have a say.
I mostly agree. I do think there are sides though and I don't think just cutting the biggest check is always it....but I agree it does carry weight. Big Ten money is F U money comparatively to most other college programs. The checks Nebraska gets from them changes that a little imo.

In a way, the fans are actually a issue at this point. Their loyalty is so good that these people can take advantage of that.....and they are. If people quit going to the games and quit funding a sh** product they'd have no choice but to do something.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mostly agree. I do think there are sides though and I don't think just cutting the biggest check is always it....but I agree it does carry weight. Big Ten money is F U money comparatively to most other college programs. The checks Nebraska gets from them changes that a little imo.

In a way, the fans are actually a issue at this point. Their loyalty is so good that these people can take advantage of that.....and they are. If people quit going to the games and quit funding a sh** product they'd have no choice but to do something.
B1G money coming in is great but probably need the boosters more than ever for NIL money. I'd actually argue the amount the boosters are willing to pay is even more influential now than it was 10 years ago.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
B1G money coming in is great but probably need the boosters more than ever for NIL money. I'd actually argue the amount the boosters are willing to pay is even more influential now than it was 10 years ago.
I feel like this has been posted somewhere else on here, but Bud Elliot and other 247 guys who are in the know have been saying that we've been laying wood in terms of NIL spending. Resource commitment to football is going to get someone in the door as long as the power brokers don't fuck it up.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would guess he is referring to the TC having too much involvement...and the conflict of interest that exists with members of the BOR also being large donors, so they are writing the checks but then also making decisions. And now Pillen is going to be Governor.

FWIW, Bruce Feldman is also close to Bill Moos...he wrote a book about Mike Leach in 2012 that featured Moos's pursuit of Leach to WSU. I would assume most of his info came directly from the mouth of Bill.
Excellent post

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I think the idea is that the B1G money+season ticket sales should be enough to more or less keep the lights on now without big donors cutting checks. Donors can then direct those resources toward the NIL collective instead. In my mind, the days of upgrading facilities every five years, etc will be in the past. I’d rather be the highest bidder on the recruiting trail with slightly outdated facilities.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t believe he had anything to do with Turd reversing course and Frost getting another season.

On a positive note, this may be the first “Nebraska ties” coach that’s been allowed to fully and completely fail. Bo and Frank were fired a year before they could completely flame out imo. Hope like hell this allows for a more united fan base after we part ways with Frost.
Pillen is involved and one of the big problems. Can't piss off the future governor. Same goes for Bruning, Hausmann, the Peeds, TO, Claire...... Look at all of the huge construction contracts Hausmann is getting from the university, and now he has 2 kids on the teams, known to be a party partner of Frosts and even has 2 houses at Big Sandy of which one is for the football players. Hausmann even has Pillens new construction advertised on his website. Bruning is partners in ABM. That circle of friends/boosters have profited too much off of our university and protected their buddy Frost which makes TO happy. TO has been the Godfather and having far too much influence over the program and his boosters have been raking in the money in conjunction to his wishes.

That whole group of rich crusty fucks has been lining their pockets with money and power from the university while protecting Frost.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would guess he is referring to the TC having too much involvement...and the conflict of interest that exists with members of the BOR also being large donors, so they are writing the checks but then also making decisions. And now Pillen is going to be Governor.

FWIW, Bruce Feldman is also close to Bill Moos...he wrote a book about Mike Leach in 2012 that featured Moos's pursuit of Leach to WSU. I would assume most of his info came directly from the mouth of Bill.
TO & the TC hired Moos to fire Riley and hire Frost. Then was told to leave Scott alone to do his thing. Moos did his job until after 3 failing seasons from Frost when he laid out the ground rules with Frost if he wanted to coach another season. Frost lost a couple games and went crying to TO who rallied the regents & boosters to get Moos fired. The Godfather TO protecting his own again.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pillen is involved and one of the big problems. Can't piss off the future governor. Same goes for Bruning, Hausmann, the Peeds, TO, Claire...... Look at all of the huge construction contracts Hausmann is getting from the university, and now he has 2 kids on the teams, known to be a party partner of Frosts and even has 2 houses at Big Sandy of which one is for the football players. Hausmann even has Pillens new construction advertised on his website. Bruning is partners in ABM. That circle of friends/boosters have profited too much off of our university and protected their buddy Frost which makes TO happy. TO has been the Godfather and having far too much influence over the program and his boosters have been raking in the money in conjunction to his wishes.

That whole group of rich crusty fucks has been lining their pockets with money and power from the university while protecting Frost.
I think some of the others have more power than Hausmann. He is doing a lot of dick sucking to get those jobs. He hasn’t been getting anything at UNK recently and the new construction is controlled by Lincoln. Sampson, Chief, and MCL have all the good sized projects now.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member

Hausmann only has 1 kid on the team (unless you are including Nouili who lived with the Hausmann’s as an exchange student)
Ernie is from Columbus
His parents are educators but are related to the construction side (believe cousins)

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
If Politics and too much meddling from rich dumbfucks is the reason why we continue to suck. then it's going to take someone with gigantic balls to right the ship. I am hoping Turd is that person but he may not be able to do it alone .. Money talks in most aspects of life.

Its been said many of times that Politics is the big reason why Texas Football can't get their head out of their ass .. if we have a "Texas problem" then I just don't have a lot of hope ..

Last edited:

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
If Politics and too much meddling from rich dumbfucks is the reason why we continue to suck. then it's going to take someone with gigantic balls to right the ship. I am hoping Turd is that person but he may not be able to do it alone .. Money talks in most aspects of life.

Its been said many of times that Politics is the big reason why Texas Football can't get their head out of their asses .. if we have a "Texas problem" then I just don't have a lot of hope ..
Mack Brown was the only one who could get it done at Texas amongst the politics
We should have hired him after Bo
& yes this is completely our problem
Frost was the “great uniter” of those on the inside & outside
But sadly we fracture like glass at the 1st sign of adversity
Frost was way too inexperienced & way too parinoid to over come it.
We probably need an asshole everyone hates but wins to over come it
Hello Bill OBrien

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Mack Brown was the only one who could get it done at Texas amongst the politics
We should have hired him after Bo
& yes this is completely our problem
Frost was the “great uniter” of those on the inside & outside
But sadly we fracture like glass at the 1st sign of adversity
Frost was way too inexperienced & way too parinoid to over come it.
We probably need an asshole everyone hates but wins to over come it
Hello Bill OBrien
I somewhat disagree with fracture like glass at the first sign of adversity. Frost has given us plenty of adversity and been a complete loser yet he got more rope than any coach we can remember.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member

Suppose there is a betting scandal here?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Its been said many of times that Politics is the big reason why Texas Football can't get their head out of their ass .. if we have a "Texas problem" then I just don't have a lot of hope ..
We have a picking the wrong coaches problem. Same as Texas. Don't think it really has anything to do with politics. Keeping Frost this year could have been a politics problem but we're talking about a 1 year difference. Saving a bunch of money by doing it that way doesn't suck.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member

That's a pretty weak way to say Pillen kept Scott on staff.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
We have a picking the wrong coaches problem. Same as Texas. Don't think it really has anything to do with politics. Keeping Frost this year could have been a politics problem but we're talking about a 1 year difference. Saving a bunch of money by doing it that way doesn't suck.
We have hired every type of coach really and failed. We hired the pro guy. We hired the up and coming assistant. We hired an experienced power 5 coach. We hired the hottest coach in America.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds