Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bruce Feldman's top 10 coaches (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Day got tossed the keys to a Ferrari. That Ferrari has missed an oil change or two whilst under his charge.
You look at how they have regressed in some key areas and that has kept them from winning when it matters most (playoffs and vs Michigan).... DL is probably the biggest regression from Urban.

I still think he is "good," but I don't think he is that elite coach that some think.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
You look at how they have regressed in some key areas and that has kept them from winning when it matters most (playoffs and vs Michigan).... DL is probably the biggest regression from Urban.

I still think he is "good," but I don't think he is that elite coach that some think.
Let’s be honest though. OSU was a call away from probably winning the national championship with the targeting call that was reversed when Marvin Harrison Jr. went out of the game. Day is similar to Lincoln Riley, but his teams play a little better defense. He still needs to do a better job figuring that side of the ball out.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

TO to Frank like?

Toe

Wide Receiver
Day got tossed the keys to a Ferrari.

As did Riley at OU.

Check back with me in a few years on Leipold, but as of right now I'd take Klieman over him. Franklin's been way too inconsistent to be ranked anywhere near that high, and I'm iffy on putting Brian Kelly in the top 10. Take away the last two years and Harbaugh probably doesn't crack the top twenty, let alone the top five.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know that I'm comfortable with Dabo being #3...I don't know if he should be lower or if others should be higher, but I'm definitely not ok with saying "Dabo is a Top 3 Coach".
I was down on Dabo, but he made a big boy move going out and getting a top OC. He atleast figured out his inbred hires on offense were garbage and made a move before things really slipped. He should definitely be top 5 at this point.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I don't know that I'm comfortable with Dabo being #3...I don't know if he should be lower or if others should be higher, but I'm definitely not ok with saying "Dabo is a Top 3 Coach".
I think after the top 2 there is a sizeable drop... Dabo without an all world QB is a top 10 program, but he has had 2 of those QBs. So I am ok with him at 3rd, but there is some distance between him and Kirby/Nick.

I also wont die on the hill of him at 3rd. I just don't know who you put there... Harbaugh? Day? Riley? Kelly?

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
he's been weirdly anti-NIL. strange position for a guy making $10 million/year who was in all likelihood paying players under the table before it was legal

not sure what his angle is, but it sounds a lot like butthurt from a guy who just lost his (illegal) advantage

Toe

Wide Receiver
Non-paywalled full article link with Feldman's top 25 (not just top 10):

15. Matt Rhule, Nebraska (2022: NR): A dismal 11-27 run with the Panthers in the NFL should not cloud what a terrific job Rhule’s done as a college head coach. Rhule took Temple from 2-10 in his debut season to 20-7 in seasons three and four. His work at Baylor was even more impressive. The program was in the dumps when he arrived. The Bears won one game in his first season, went to a bowl game in his second year and went 11-3 in his third season. Plus, he left behind the nucleus that Dave Aranda led to a Sugar Bowl win. His ability to find and develop talent, especially speed guys, is top-notch.

And here's Stewart Mandel's list:

16. Matt Rhule, Nebraska (2022: NR): Rhule returns to college football, where he engineered remarkable turnarounds at Temple (from 2-10 in 2013 to 10-4 in 2016) and Baylor (1-11 in 2017 to 11-3 in 2019). He likely would have been in my top 10 had he returned to Baylor in 2020, so I’m restarting him in the mid-teens.

Last edited:

doublewing

Running Back
Let’s be honest though. OSU was a call away from probably winning the national championship with the targeting call that was reversed when Marvin Harrison Jr. went out of the game. Day is similar to Lincoln Riley, but his teams play a little better defense. He still needs to do a better job figuring that side of the ball out.
Riley and Day both remind me of Spurrier in his early 90s Florida days. A bunch of WR's running wide open and QB's who hit them in stride. Whenever they'd play a more physical team, they'd fold.

Spurrier found Bob Stoops that didn't just bring a great defense, but their practices became much more intense and they adopted a tougher mentality.
Riley and Day need someone like that to offset their offensive dominated organizations.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Riley and Day both remind me of Spurrier in his early 90s Florida days. A bunch of WR's running wide open and QB's who hit them in stride. Whenever they'd play a more physical team, they'd fold.

Spurrier found Bob Stoops that didn't just bring a great defense, but their practices became much more intense and they adopted a tougher mentality.
Riley and Day need someone like that to offset their offensive dominated organizations.
They did go toe to toe with Georgia though. If Marvin Harrison Jr. doesn’t leave that game they win. Day outcoached Kirby and his defense that game. I’ll also give him credit on the assistant coaching front. When there is an issue he tries to fix it pretty fast. He went out and got one of the best DCs last year. They need to quit getting beat out by the Bamas and Georgias of the world on the front 7 on defense recruting wise which has been happening lately.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds