Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bruce Feldman cryptic comments about Frost situation (2 Viewers)

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
Based off of that, I'm going to assume that when someone tried to step in the middle of that, and give some real guidance, Frost probably didn't want any part of it. A little surprising for Davison though given he's been around the Big 10 now for a decade and probably should have been able to give Frost some legit Big 10 advice.

Davidson hasn’t paid attention to anything besides himself and that includes the time he was back at the university before Frost was back.

Biggest douche I’ve ever interacted with employed by the AD.

It’s crazy to think how far apart the Frost culture was inside the building compared to Osborne. I just thought he would try to use that blueprint to build a program but he wasn’t anywhere close. We were all fooled.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Davidson hasn’t paid attention to anything besides himself and that includes the time he was back at the university before Frost was back.

Biggest douche I’ve ever interacted with employed by the AD.

It’s crazy to think how far apart the Frost culture was inside the building compared to Osborne. I just thought he would try to use that blueprint to build a program but he wasn’t anywhere close. We were all fooled.
Now that it's all over, I think my hunch has been confirmed that Frost got totally corrupted by coming back to NU. He seemed to have such a legitimately healthy team culture, happy life, and solid leadership skills at UCF, and all of that disappeared when he got here and got surrounded by craven yes men and old hometown "friends." That's not to say it's all THEIR fault, it's Frost's own fault for being weak enough to succumb to all of that, along with the pressure and expectations of being the golden boy. It's a sad cautionary tale. You can't go home again, as they say... I think.

But yeah I think if he had stayed at UCF, he and his culture/blueprint would've been much closer to the Osborne model than it was here.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
Now that it's all over, I think my hunch has been confirmed that Frost got totally corrupted by coming back to NU. He seemed to have such a legitimately healthy team culture, happy life, and solid leadership skills at UCF, and all of that disappeared when he got here and got surrounded by craven yes men and old hometown "friends." That's not to say it's all THEIR fault, it's Frost's own fault for being weak enough to succumb to all of that, along with the pressure and expectations of being the golden boy. It's a sad cautionary tale. You can't go home again, as they say... I think.

But yeah I think if he had stayed at UCF, he and his culture/blueprint would've been much closer to the Osborne model than it was here.
100% agree on the hometown hero coming back and allowing himself and his ego to be fed by a bunch of dumbasses who were looking to ride coat tails. A bunch of guys who never really had to "grow up" and that is the crew Frost surrounded himself with. I definitely think some blame lays on those guys he ran with, but you nailed it with Frost being too weak and allowing himself to think that is how he should operate his life when he's the highest paid state employee and face of the program and state of Nebraska.

To the second point....Did he even have the Osborne model there at UCF? After thinking about things, I think he was molded more by Chip Kelly in his coaching ways and philosophies. He paid lip service when he came back. And I'm sure Osborne and others tried to mentor him along the way since he came back. But his ego and cockiness dismissed all of that, cause he knew better.

His coaching style...that's pretty obvious. But the undisciplined, not holding players accountable, letting things get too loose within the day to day. Just screams Chip Kelly's way of doing business. He had a system and athletes and an unreal QB at UCF to have that magical run. Frost's UCF staff wouldn't survive the Big 12 move and all the things that got exposed here, would have been exposed eventually at UCF or wherever he would have went if he didn't come home.

This was never a Nebraska Football Program problem. This was a Frost problem. It was from Day 1, but none of us could have imagined it was going to be this bad.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
To the second point....Did he even have the Osborne model there at UCF?
I wasn't following all that closely to his time at UCF, I just remember watching the Rise & Conquer video series back when he got hired and seeing stuff like Osborne going there to visit and speak to the team. The entire series is like bizarro world looking back at it now, just a complete 180 degree vibe change between UCF and NU.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Fat Sam had a great article this morning (I hate to give him too much credit)...about some things that went on that I had no clue about:
  • Frost was disorganized and haphazard in day to day operations, which Turd noticed immediately upon his first few weeks on the job.
  • Mentioned how he dumped the Mo Washington situation on buddy and Lawyer John Bruning, who essentially did nothing with it.
  • Scott apparently blew off a meeting with Tim Cassidy when Cassidy was genuinely interested in coming back to Nebraska in some capacity in Football ops.
  • The lack of visibility of his family from day 1 set off a weird vibe and probably lead to the rumors of his personal life. Also talked about his "inner circle" of ex-players and how they went to great lengths to insulate him from fans and media.
My question would be: Why was no one ever asking these questions while he was still employed? Highest paid state employee...doesn't the public have the right to know? I realize that the Ath Dept is self-supporting and doesn't rely on taxpayer dollars, but it's also a public organization.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fat Sam had a great article this morning (I hate to give him too much credit)...about some things that went on that I had no clue about:
  • Frost was disorganized and haphazard in day to day operations, which Turd noticed immediately upon his first few weeks on the job.
  • Mentioned how he dumped the Mo Washington situation on buddy and Lawyer John Bruning, who essentially did nothing with it.
  • Scott apparently blew off a meeting with Tim Cassidy when Cassidy was genuinely interested in coming back to Nebraska in some capacity in Football ops.
  • The lack of visibility of his family from day 1 set off a weird vibe and probably lead to the rumors of his personal life. Also talked about his "inner circle" of ex-players and how they went to great lengths to insulate him from fans and media.
My question would be: Why was no one ever asking these questions while he was still employed? Highest paid state employee...doesn't the public have the right to know? I realize that the Ath Dept is self-supporting and doesn't rely on taxpayer dollars, but it's also a public organization.
The reason not to respect a single fuckin person in the local media is that they sit on this shit until there is no potential consequences for them.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I listened to Carriker's gut reaction last night and I guess Frost was caught badmouthing former players and calling them "Callahan Huskers" and I guess that didn't sit well with people either.
Guy whose crowning achievement in 5 years was a 9-6 win in the snow over MSU in year 1 feels superior to "Callahan Huskers" who played in a conference championship.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Guy whose crowning achievement in 5 years was a 9-6 win in the snow over MSU in year 1 feels superior to "Callahan Huskers" who played in a conference championship.
Going to take a wild stab and say it's more of the "Osborne Huskers" concept to the "Callahan Huskers" concept.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
Not in direct reply to you, but if the $120 million dollar complex with incomplete funding was already completed and money all raised, I think the trigger would have been pulled at the end of season.

Agree with others that B1G money coming in and Frost failings this year, Turd's job 10x easier after the season in firing Frost and bringing in someone new. There will always be boosters jockeying for influence, but that is the same anywhere you go.

To your point about boosters distancing themselves, you don't hear much about the Cook family and close friends or another family or two down in Texas endorsing Frost or the crew he runs with. Same with the Hawks. And a couple other 7 figure donation level families in Omaha, and a Chicago contingent.

There is a lot of money, big money, that just doesn't look to insert themselves and their influence in things like coaching firings. For better or worse, they are much more concerned about keeping the "program" strong and don't get into hiring/firing discussions. Which allows some of the more vocal influencers sway opinions of ADs when they probably wouldn't make much of difference if they took their money home if they didn't get their way. Doubt most, if any would, as they feel a need to be connected to the program. Chosen coach or not.

When you hear about the Omaha collective coming...it had been in the works since before the end of last season

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
And worse yet when we brought up these issues that came from connected sources some of the writers on sites actually White Knighted for Frost saying we were wrong or that they hadn't heard that. Everything from the partying at the golf course in Valentine to the set up with his BFF Gerrod as leader of ABM to the Busch Lite Boys Club to Golden Tee to long hunting trips during recruiting season to flying around with Hausmann to crazy parties to all of the interference and protection from the TC & TO.

I am appreciating the new writers at the Rivals Site as they seem to have some journalistic integrity, something we aren't use to. Tired of the Yes Men and Fluffers writing all of the articles blowing smoke and serving Kool Aid. I'm sure Dean and his boys will finally be writing something that makes it look like they had concerns with Frost even though they smoked his pole as much as some of the White KNighters on his site.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Has Callahan and the squad written anything news worthy yet revealing things they know/knew?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Going to take a wild stab and say it's more of the "Osborne Huskers" concept to the "Callahan Huskers" concept.
Why can't it be the Callahan Huskers? That whole administration and players were not accepted as they were outsiders. Treated like crap and in many cases we had former coaches and TC'ers literally wanting them to fail. Frost was tight with that prejudice culture and I'm sure he was jealous of Callahan having more success plus playing for a conference championship. Many of those players did not feel welcome during the Pelini or Frost years.

Some of our fanbase is so stuck on having all things Nebraska which has really been a detriment to the program. I wish they weren't so prejudice to outsiders and protective of our own.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Why can't it be the Callahan Huskers? That whole administration and players were not accepted as they were outsiders. Treated like crap and in many cases we had former coaches and TC'ers literally wanting them to fail. Frost was tight with that prejudice culture and I'm sure he was jealous of Callahan having more success plus playing for a conference championship. Many of those players did not feel welcome during the Panini or Frost years.

Some of our fanbase is so stuck on having all things Nebraska which has really been a detriment to the program. I wish they weren't so prejudice to outsiders and protective of our own.
I was just pointing out why Frost may have labeled it that way. But you basically answered that given Callahan's era is frowned upon and Carriker was part of that. Stupid either way because there's a mix of both Solich Huskers and Callahan Huskers in there.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds