Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bruce Feldman cryptic comments about Frost situation (4 Viewers)

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
We did that with Solich actually. I don’t think Solich or Panini were complete failures, but at the time they weren’t good enough for Nebraska standards.
Bo had burned out here. The blowouts whenever we played someone with a pulse was so embarrassing. We also started losing games we had no business losing. I guess same is said for Frank. I have no idea what to do. Left is right, down is up etc when it comes to this stuff.

I guess what i would do is find someone with an offensive line track record of putting guys in the league and/or being able to churn out 1,000 rushers. Hell sometimes defensive guys are better at putting together a winning offense.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We did that with Solich actually. I don’t think Solich or Panini were complete failures, but at the time they weren’t good enough for Nebraska standards.
I'd be ok with mediocre for a while if there was still hope for better.

I'd rather go with back the truck up mentality and get someone you know you can win with.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's a pretty weak way to say Pillen kept Scott on staff.
Actually it goes much deeper. Had a booster try to explain it to me. Frost was given the extension and it wasn't Moos's idea. It came from the TomFather, TC'ers and even the administration. Bounds and Green have bought into the TC and were part of the whole get rid of Riley and hire Frost crowd. If Frost had been fired the school would have paid out a huge buyout due to that contract extension. Why give a failing coach a contract extension with a large buyout? None of it made sense but they lobbied for it thus got it. 10's of Millions of dollars going out the door on a state run school because a coach was fired would have drawn quite a bit of attention from various sets of eyes in our government. Pillen being governor has some say in what goes on at UNL and other state universities. TomFather wants Frost there so Pillen is wise to back it as he wants the TC's support in his run for Governor. Lots of back scratching going on in Lincoln.

Bottom line is that group has meddled far too long in our athletics with little concern as to what is best for our program. Someone above mentioned that Texas has issues with the politics of boosters which may have hampered the success of their program. Never thought of it that way but it is very similar. Drain the swamp Turd, drain the swamp.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Actually it goes much deeper. Had a booster try to explain it to me. Frost was given the extension and it wasn't Moos's idea. It came from the TomFather, TC'ers and even the administration. Bounds and Green have bought into the TC and were part of the whole get rid of Riley and hire Frost crowd. If Frost had been fired the school would have paid out a huge buyout due to that contract extension. Why give a failing coach a contract extension with a large buyout? None of it made sense but they lobbied for it thus got it. 10's of Millions of dollars going out the door on a state run school because a coach was fired would have drawn quite a bit of attention from various sets of eyes in our government. Pillen being governor has some say in what goes on at UNL and other state universities. TomFather wants Frost there so Pillen is wise to back it as he wants the TC's support in his run for Governor. Lots of back scratching going on in Lincoln.

Bottom line is that group has meddled far too long in our athletics with little concern as to what is best for our program. Someone above mentioned that Texas has issues with the politics of boosters which may have hampered the success of their program. Never thought of it that way but it is very similar. Drain the swamp Turd, drain the swamp.
That's silly logic. First off the athletic department more than pays for itself. Second the extension was a bad decision regardless if they fired him and paid him his buyout last year or this year.

If anything it reflects back on them moreso by firing Moos and not letting Turd fire Frost. The main reason to fire the AD is to have a fall guy. They gave up their fall guy by "making" the new AD keep Frost.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hausmann only has 1 kid on the team (unless you are including Nouili who lived with the Hausmann’s as an exchange student)
Ernie is from Columbus
His parents are educators but are related to the construction side (believe cousins)
Hausmann should only have 1 kid on the team but he has 2 (Cooper & Ashton) plus the big German version of The Blind Side. Rumor has it that one of his kids might have gotten in trouble and if true this offense should have gotten him at least suspended from the team if not kicked off. But money and power talks so it will never be brought up by the media. Pay people off and sweep it under the rug. You can do that for your kids when you have that much money and power. Having a football player Party House on Big Sandy could never lead to trouble for the players.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member

Are you implying that the contract extension was pushed through and some were getting kick backs from Frost? I’m a little confused on this one.

Also, there has been a bit of a rift in the TC for awhile. I know there are a few families with names on buildings who haven’t been with the Pillen faction for awhile. I don’t think Bruning and Gerrard are big players in any of this either. Just hanger ons who like to swing their status dick around the mid level boosters/country club folks.

I will work to get an update when I’m back from Oklahoma game. My dads alumni buddy crew is coming back for that game as well and a few of them are connected extremely well to all these names mentioned and names that aren’t.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'd be ok with mediocre for a while if there was still hope for better.

I'd rather go with back the truck up mentality and get someone you know you can win with.

Same. Back that money truck up and shoot for proven, winning P5 coaches. If you don't pay premium dollar in today's CFB landscape, you don't get a premium coach. And I don't mean throw big money at an unproven or mediocre coach, that would be dumb. But for a top name, proven winning coach - back that truck up. Go big, or go home.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Are you implying that the contract extension was pushed through and some were getting kick backs from Frost? I’m a little confused on this one.

Also, there has been a bit of a rift in the TC for awhile. I know there are a few families with names on buildings who haven’t been with the Pillen faction for awhile. I don’t think Bruning and Gerrard are big players in any of this either. Just hanger ons who like to swing their status dick around the mid level boosters/country club folks.

I will work to get an update when I’m back from Oklahoma game. My dads alumni buddy crew is coming back for that game as well and a few of them are connected extremely well to all these names mentioned and names that aren’t.
Not kick backs but definitely agenda driven. Why would you give a coach who has had losing seasons a big contract extension? Especially when he has said coaching Nebraska is his Dream Job. So much of this goes back to keeping in the good graces of Tom Osborne because of the power he wields around the university and state. Back scratching and favoritism. Pillen has been one of the driving forces behind the scenes and definitely caused division amongst boosters. Some of the old school TC'ers aren't liking the younger partying TC'ers and what they stand for. Osborne is a shell of his old self mentally so they can't really lean on him anymore so ergo no true leader.

I just heard far too many stories coming out about the shenanigans that were going on to get their way. Many times hurting the program for personal gains. Some of the boosters are distancing themselves from Frost even though they were big supporters of him. Many boosters have lost interest in supporting the current program. Having Gerrod running ABM hasn't helped either as many of the boosters don't like or trust him.

Turd Alberts needs to be the leader of our athletics and shouldn't have to answer to Boosters when it comes to doing what is best for the program.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
This has been a fun read, but the amount of bull shit here is permeating like the pungent scent of a Cuming County Feedlot.

Scott Frost has proven to be a very poor football coach. His inability to manage games, game plan accordingly, prioritize special teams, or conduct due diligence on staff hires really has nothing to do with his personal life. You weirdos who want to claim on field performance of Nebraska football is the result of meddling boosters or drunken coaches banging waitresses are really over simplifying the problems that are causing losses for Husker football.

Lots of Power 5 coaches party with Boosters. When you earn millions of dollars per year, your peer group changes. Most of them have regular interactions with political figures and political donors. It's a perk of the job.

Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day are out doing the same things as Scott Frost during the off season. But those dudes are just much better football coaches.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
This has been a fun read, but the amount of bull shit here is permeating like the pungent scent of a Cuming County Feedlot.

Scott Frost has proven to be a very poor football coach. His inability to manage games, game plan accordingly, prioritize special teams, or conduct due diligence on staff hires really has nothing to do with his personal life. You weirdos who want to claim on field performance of Nebraska football is the result of meddling boosters or drunken coaches banging waitresses are really over simplifying the problems that are causing losses for Husker football.

Lots of Power 5 coaches party with Boosters. When you earn millions of dollars per year, your peer group changes. Most of them have regular interactions with political figures and political donors. It's a perk of the job.

Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day are out doing the same things as Scott Frost during the off season. But those dudes are just much better football coaches.
Could you expand some with maybe just straight forward examples on what makes him shitty? Damon says at Nebraska you have to “embrace the grind” and “be gritty” or language close to that. Is Scott simply not putting in enough effort to be better on game day?

I know they are just Monday and post game presses but Saturdays quotes and yesterdays quotes sure sounded pretty close to last years quotes, and that’s an issue to me.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
Pillen is involved and one of the big problems. Can't piss off the future governor. Same goes for Bruning, Hausmann, the Peeds, TO, Claire...... Look at all of the huge construction contracts Hausmann is getting from the university, and now he has 2 kids on the teams, known to be a party partner of Frosts and even has 2 houses at Big Sandy of which one is for the football players. Hausmann even has Pillens new construction advertised on his website. Bruning is partners in ABM. That circle of friends/boosters have profited too much off of our university and protected their buddy Frost which makes TO happy. TO has been the Godfather and having far too much influence over the program and his boosters have been raking in the money in conjunction to his wishes.

That whole group of rich crusty fucks has been lining their pockets with money and power from the university while protecting Frost.
There’s a singular reason Frost was retained. Neither Pillen, nor TO was the reason. BOR was finally hands off in that process.

I will agree there has been plenty of meddling by all those mentioned over the years.

Still think Frost continues to shit the bed and Turd cans him when his contract adjusts mid season.

On the contract extensions, the drunken Moos did that for multiple underperforming coaches. Was bizarre. He also sunk Wazzou financially, so there is precedent on him being fiscally retarded.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member

But isn't it the "meddling boosters" and TC that saved Scott's job for him thus allowing him to continue to be a "very poor football coach"?

Seems to me that the "on field performance" and the behind the scenes moves by the power players are related.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Pillen is involved and one of the big problems. Can't piss off the future governor. Same goes for Bruning, Hausmann, the Peeds, TO, Claire...... Look at all of the huge construction contracts Hausmann is getting from the university, and now he has 2 kids on the teams, known to be a party partner of Frosts and even has 2 houses at Big Sandy of which one is for the football players. Hausmann even has Pillens new construction advertised on his website. Bruning is partners in ABM. That circle of friends/boosters have profited too much off of our university and protected their buddy Frost which makes TO happy. TO has been the Godfather and having far too much influence over the program and his boosters have been raking in the money in conjunction to his wishes.

That whole group of rich crusty fucks has been lining their pockets with money and power from the university while protecting Frost.

This needs to see the light of day and be exposed. I'd love to see a journalist actually write a column on this regarding boosters putting their own needs above the needs of the program.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member

I resent that comment about the smell of a Cuming County Feedlot being that I grew up in Cuming County lol. That is the smell of money which makes your comment very ironic in a sense.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I resent that comment about the smell of a Cuming County Feedlot being that I grew up in Cuming County lol. That is the smell of money which makes your comment very ironic in a sense.
My mom's family grew up in Cuming County/West Point. Grandpa had a farm next to the Cockeye Beef Processing Plant. They'd spread the paunch manure on his farm. He always told us that pungent aroma was "the smell of money". So growing up whenever any of us kids smelled something that stunk we would say "that's the smell of money". Must be a Cuming County saying

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
My mom's family grew up in Cuming County/West Point. Grandpa had a farm next to the Cockeyes Beef Processing Plant. They'd spread the paunch manure on his farm. He always told us that pungent aroma was "the smell of money". So growing up whenever any of us kids smelled something that stunk we would say "that's the smell of money". Must be a Cuming County saying
Definitely a Cuming County saying. With the current fertilizer prices the shit is literally gold right now. Also, I should have noted that I grew up on a feedlot and it's crazy to say but you actually get used to the smell over time. It's the smell of hog manure that I can't get used to.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
Not kick backs but definitely agenda driven. Why would you give a coach who has had losing seasons a big contract extension? Especially when he has said coaching Nebraska is his Dream Job. So much of this goes back to keeping in the good graces of Tom Osborne because of the power he wields around the university and state. Back scratching and favoritism. Pillen has been one of the driving forces behind the scenes and definitely caused division amongst boosters. Some of the old school TC'ers aren't liking the younger partying TC'ers and what they stand for. Osborne is a shell of his old self mentally so they can't really lean on him anymore so ergo no true leader.

I just heard far too many stories coming out about the shenanigans that were going on to get their way. Many times hurting the program for personal gains. Some of the boosters are distancing themselves from Frost even though they were big supporters of him. Many boosters have lost interest in supporting the current program. Having Gerrod running ABM hasn't helped either as many of the boosters don't like or trust him.

Turd Alberts needs to be the leader of our athletics and shouldn't have to answer to Boosters when it comes to doing what is best for the program.

Not in direct reply to you, but if the $120 million dollar complex with incomplete funding was already completed and money all raised, I think the trigger would have been pulled at the end of season.

Agree with others that B1G money coming in and Frost failings this year, Turd's job 10x easier after the season in firing Frost and bringing in someone new. There will always be boosters jockeying for influence, but that is the same anywhere you go.

To your point about boosters distancing themselves, you don't hear much about the Cook family and close friends or another family or two down in Texas endorsing Frost or the crew he runs with. Same with the Hawks. And a couple other 7 figure donation level families in Omaha, and a Chicago contingent.

There is a lot of money, big money, that just doesn't look to insert themselves and their influence in things like coaching firings. For better or worse, they are much more concerned about keeping the "program" strong and don't get into hiring/firing discussions. Which allows some of the more vocal influencers sway opinions of ADs when they probably wouldn't make much of difference if they took their money home if they didn't get their way. Doubt most, if any would, as they feel a need to be connected to the program. Chosen coach or not.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds