Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bruce Feldman cryptic comments about Frost situation (3 Viewers)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I was listening to the Audible podcast and Bruce Feldman alluded to some issues around Frost, very cryptically. Any ideas who or what he's referring to here?

Bruce: "I have my theories of why it hasn't worked there to this point."

Stewart Mandel: "By all means, what is your theory?"

Bruce: "I'm not going to get into it just yet...."

Stew: "All right, well..."

Bruce: "I do think that some of the decisions that have been made there big picture-wise, there's some more people who have been involved that I don't think have probably turned out to be giving him great wisdom on some of these things. And I'm not saying that's all of why a lot of stuff has backfired, but I don't think the tone around there has just been -- it's not been ideal."

Then he goes on to talk about some talent deficiencies blah blah blah.

Any guesses who or what he's referring to here?

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
My guess is the ones that are giving Frost advice are not giving him good advice and/or Frost is too stubborn to take the advice seriously. Also, that there are too many ppl meddling within the program to get their own way. Instead let ppl within the athletic program to do their jobs the professional way. Just my opinion since that is about as cryptic as it gets.

doublewing

Running Back
I was listening to the Audible podcast and Bruce Feldman alluded to some issues around Frost, very cryptically. Any ideas who or what he's referring to here?

Bruce: "I do think that some of the decisions that have been made there big picture-wise, there's some more people who have been involved that I don't think have probably turned out to be giving him great wisdom on some of these things. And I'm not saying that's all of why a lot of stuff has backfired, but I don't think the tone around there has just been -- it's not been ideal."

IDK who would be imparting wisdom that he'd listen to, unless it's TO. Even then, TO looks like he's lost a step or two.

unnamed__2_.gif

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member

I imagine it’s the Matty D, Bruning, Gerrod crew

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lots of rumors of Frost hanging out/partying with a certain group of big money boosters. Maybe he was better off at a school like UCF where he wasn't surrounded by that atmosphere. Hard to be truly objective when you fly in your private jets to party at a golf course with the coach. Plus some of our boosters IMHO are more concerned with making money off of the program plus political power than they are with putting a well coached team on the field. Hausmann, Pillen, Claire, Bruning (ABM Partner), the Peeds.........

Drain the Swamp, tired of the nepotism and greed that is ruining our beloved football program. Drain the Swamp Turd, please!!!!

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Lots of rumors of Frost hanging out/partying with a certain group of big money boosters. Maybe he was better off at a school like UCF where he wasn't surrounded by that atmosphere. Hard to be truly objective when you fly in your private jets to party at a golf course with the coach. Plus some of our boosters IMHO are more concerned with making money off of the program plus political power than they are with putting a well coached team on the field. Hausmann, Pillen, Claire, Bruning (ABM Partner), the Peeds.........

Drain the Swamp, tired of the nepotism and greed that is ruining our beloved football program. Drain the Swamp Turd, please!!!!
it would certainly be interesting if this kind of info had made its way to a national guy.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
it would certainly be interesting if this kind of info had made its way to a national guy.
It wouldn't surprise me if some of them know. They might check in with local sources. Heck if they watch the press conferences Frost looks hung over and beat up in most of them. All puffy looking with bags under his eyes. You can't run around with the party people he does and be squeaky clean.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

I would guess he is referring to the TC having too much involvement...and the conflict of interest that exists with members of the BOR also being large donors, so they are writing the checks but then also making decisions. And now Pillen is going to be Governor.

FWIW, Bruce Feldman is also close to Bill Moos...he wrote a book about Mike Leach in 2012 that featured Moos's pursuit of Leach to WSU. I would assume most of his info came directly from the mouth of Bill.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It couldn’t be because of his in game decisions and having to depend on a kid like Colton Feist who is a 6’2 275 lbs walk on to stop the run in the heaviest run division in conference football
That's not as fun as some nebulous conspiracy that no one will say out loud

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would guess he is referring to the TC having too much involvement...and the conflict of interest that exists with members of the BOR also being large donors, so they are writing the checks but then also making decisions. And now Pillen is going to be Governor.
It'd be interesting to know who actually is apart of this...like how deep it actually runs because clearly they have big influence. It's hard not to point to that being the problem. Like does it run all the way to the president and ALL the regents? I kinda think it might. I've been saying for years that the administration and big money people around Nebraska football is the biggest problem with Nebraska football. People who know nothing about football are making football decisions. It really should come as no surprise Nebraska, a place were resources are a non-issue has struggled as much as it has. For what they have, it has to be the most poorly run program in the country. I don't even know how anyone could debate that.

If the TC loses SF it is likely Nebraska football will go a different direction all together. So they lose power. And like when anyone loses power they don't like it and will do whatever they have to do to keep it. So the main thing (winning, fans, and the overall betterment of the program) take a backseat. It's been about optics for years now, not winning. Never thought I'd ever see anything like it at a place like Nebraska. The fans deserve much better.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It'd be interesting to know who actually is apart of this...like how deep it actually runs because clearly they have big influence. It's hard not to point to that being the problem. Like does it run all the way to the president and ALL the regents? I kinda think it might. I've been saying for years that the administration and big money people around Nebraska football is the biggest problem with Nebraska football. People who know nothing about football are making football decisions. It really should come as no surprise Nebraska, a place were resources are a non-issue has struggled as much as it has. For what they have, it has to be the most poorly run program in the country. I don't even know how anyone could debate that.

If the TC loses SF it is likely Nebraska football will go a different direction all together. So they lose power. And like when anyone loses power they don't like it and will do whatever they have to do to keep it. So the main thing (winning, fans, and the overall betterment of the program) take a backseat. It's been about optics for years now, not winning. Never thought I'd ever see anything like it at a place like Nebraska. The fans deserve much better.
Power doesn't change in the least. Whoever writes the biggest checks has the most amount of power. All comes down to having or not having success. Turd gave him another shot whether that was to appease people or not doesn't matter. Outside of some miracle run that isn't going to happen Frost is done and everyone including Frost knows it.

Alberts will still go to who is writing the biggest checks for approval on who to hire. He may have a little more leeway with the ones that wanted to save Frost but they will still very much have a say.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Power doesn't change in the least. Whoever writes the biggest checks has the most amount of power. All comes down to having or not having success. Turd gave him another shot whether that was to appease people or not doesn't matter. Outside of some miracle run that isn't going to happen Frost is done and everyone including Frost knows it.

Alberts will still go to who is writing the biggest checks for approval on who to hire. He may have a little more leeway with the ones that wanted to save Frost but they will still very much have a say.
It's just frustrating that we clearly have some people writing checks for whom winning isn't the paramount concern. I have a hard time thinking of another decent football school in that position. Michigan loved to talk about a "Michigan Man" but it never caused them to turn a blind eye to mounting losses. Schools like Auburn have booster problems, but those are related to them wanting to win TOO badly.

It's really hard to get excited about the future of the program if people who do not prioritize winning will continue to have a say in the program's direction.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's just frustrating that we clearly have some people writing checks for whom winning isn't the paramount concern. I have a hard time thinking of another decent football school in that position. Michigan loved to talk about a "Michigan Man" but it never caused them to turn a blind eye to mounting losses. Schools like Auburn have booster problems, but those are related to them wanting to win TOO badly.

It's really hard to get excited about the future of the program if people who do not prioritize winning will continue to have a say in the program's direction.
I think they want to win. Don't give them the excuse that they'd rather preserve a relationship rather than winning. They're just that potato that they think they know what they're doing.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
It'd be interesting to know who actually is apart of this...like how deep it actually runs because clearly they have big influence. It's hard not to point to that being the problem. Like does it run all the way to the president and ALL the regents?
Unfortunately one of them will be the governor by the time the season ends, so that could get messy...

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
Unfortunately one of them will be the governor by the time the season ends, so that could get messy...
I don’t believe he had anything to do with Turd reversing course and Frost getting another season.

On a positive note, this may be the first “Nebraska ties” coach that’s been allowed to fully and completely fail. Bo and Frank were fired a year before they could completely flame out imo. Hope like hell this allows for a more united fan base after we part ways with Frost.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds