Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bruce Feldman cryptic comments about Frost situation (3 Viewers)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Turd is a calculated person, I’m pretty sure the amount of high end job openings last season played a factor of keeping Frost, I’m sure some boosters were rumbling to keep him as well, which is why we told him to clean house for his last chance, which Turd stated multiple times, most likely won’t work.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I resent that comment about the smell of a Cuming County Feedlot being that I grew up in Cuming County lol. That is the smell of money which makes your comment very ironic in a sense.

My mom's family grew up in Cuming County/West Point. Grandpa had a farm next to the Cockeyes Beef Processing Plant. They'd spread the paunch manure on his farm. He always told us that pungent aroma was "the smell of money". So growing up whenever any of us kids smelled something that stunk we would say "that's the smell of money". Must be a Cuming County saying
My grandpa was a Cargill-Nutrena Feed salesman for WN and he used to say that all the time too. I remember driving by feedlots when I was a kid, and everyone would be dying from the smell and my grandpa would just say "smells like money" and now when I go back to Nebraska, I do the same thing.

Last edited:

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lots of rumors of Frost hanging out/partying with a certain group of big money boosters. Maybe he was better off at a school like UCF where he wasn't surrounded by that atmosphere. Hard to be truly objective when you fly in your private jets to party at a golf course with the coach. Plus some of our boosters IMHO are more concerned with making money off of the program plus political power than they are with putting a well coached team on the field. Hausmann, Pillen, Claire, Bruning (ABM Partner), the Peeds.........

Drain the Swamp, tired of the nepotism and greed that is ruining our beloved football program. Drain the Swamp Turd, please!!!!
A whole lot of this for sure.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Feldman again with some cryptic stuff on his podcast after the firing today:

"He proved to be a dreadful hire for Nebraska, you know, from the people I've talked to who have worked there have just said he spent a lot of time listening to the wrong people around him who were close to him and it really came at the expense of a lot of his coaching staff. They felt like there was too many impulsive in-game decisions that often blew up in their faces, especially his."

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Just adding on, this is from Sherman's piece in the Athletic:

“He’s an undisciplined coach,” said a source close to the program in recruiting and coaching circles. “And the players lack discipline. He had not instilled a healthy fear. There’s no fear of losing your job if you made a mistake. Leadership has to come from the top. When adversity strikes, you bring everybody together.

“For too long, Frost wouldn’t look for help. It was stubbornness with him. His personality wouldn’t allow it.”

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Feldman again with some cryptic stuff on his podcast after the firing today:

"He proved to be a dreadful hire for Nebraska, you know, from the people I've talked to who have worked there have just said he spent a lot of time listening to the wrong people around him who were close to him and it really came at the expense of a lot of his coaching staff. They felt like there was too many impulsive in-game decisions that often blew up in their faces, especially his."
This is said a lot in podcasts and articles, who are these “wrong people”? Close friends? Former players?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
What would the people who know that crowd say they give Frost bad advice about? Genuine question. No idea
Not sure, would like to see if any of the @insideher can comment on that. Hopefully Feldman and/or Sherman dishes the dirt now that Frost is gone.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
What would the people who know that crowd say they give Frost bad advice about? Genuine question. No idea
No inside info here but the vibe I always got was that once Frost came back he had his Davison/Gerrod L types following him around like they were back in high school and Frost was the Big Man On Campus.

"Yeah man you're the king! You can do whatever you want! Hey a booster said we could go on his boat out at his lake house this weekend, but only if you come! Let's do it! Hey this golf course is gonna let us golf for free let's go!! You're the man! I'll keep everybody away from you so WE can run this place together! Rural Nebraska is BACK!! Wanna dip??"

giphy.gif

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
No inside info here but the vibe I always got was that once Frost came back he had his Davison/Gerrod L types following him around like they were back in high school and Frost was the Big Man On Campus.

"Yeah man you're the king! You can do whatever you want! Hey a booster said we could go on his boat out at his lake house this weekend, but only if you come! Let's do it! Hey this golf course is gonna let us golf for free let's go!! You're the man! I'll keep everybody away from you so WE can run this place together! Rural Nebraska is BACK!! Wanna dip??"

giphy.gif
Based off of that, I'm going to assume that when someone tried to step in the middle of that, and give some real guidance, Frost probably didn't want any part of it. A little surprising for Davison though given he's been around the Big 10 now for a decade and probably should have been able to give Frost some legit Big 10 advice.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think it's interesting this notion of lack of accountability within the team because I think a big part of the problem with Frost himself is that he thought he was (and he sure appeared to be) unfireable for a very long time.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think it's interesting this notion of lack of accountability within the team because I think a big part of the problem with Frost himself is that he thought he was (and he sure appeared to be) unfireable for a very long time.
It's interesting now looking at it because there were certainly players that were essentially unbenchable as well. And that just can't happen.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds