Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Your confidence level in Rhule after season 1? (1 Viewer)

What is your confidence level in Rhule after season 1 at Nebraska?

• 1 - Lost all confidence. He will fail and we'll need a new coach in next 2-3 yrs

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 6 4.1%

Votes: 33 22.8%

Votes: 56 38.6%
  • 5 - 100% confidence. Would place a decent sized wager on Rhule making us a regular 9-3 program

Votes: 46 31.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Bo’s biggest issue is was recruiting, but his game management was solid because he coached the game as a defensive coach. Any points were a premium to him.
I’m not sure I agree with that. He had quite a bit of talent on the roster and his teams got pounded by anyone remotely similar in talent. He also inherited a roster with incredible talent on it and never had to build anything.

When you’re rebuilding a team, the margin for error is so small. All of that is relevant with how you make decisions and manage a game. Then factor in a ton of injuries.

I don’t want to derail the thread talking about Bo Pelini but I think he would’ve been awful if put in the same situation.

To circle back around, I DO think there’s a lot of room for improvement on Rhule’s clock management. I just don’t think Pelini could do better.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Okay but the money has nothing to do with it. He is just taking up a seat where a good OC should be sitting right now. Doesn’t really matter if he’s making $250k or $2m.
It does matter more because you could have an elite coordinator for that price. You should hope to get what you pay for.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
I’m at 1 maybe 2 at best. We had a favorable schedule and all we asked for is 6 wins and a bowl game and he couldn’t seal the deal versus some of the worst teams in the conference.

Buddy hires, terrible game management and misidentifying talent has given me no confidence.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m not sure I agree with that. He had quite a bit of talent on the roster and his teams got pounded by anyone remotely similar in talent. He also inherited a roster with incredible talent on it and never had to build anything.

When you’re rebuilding a team, the margin for error is so small. All of that is relevant with how you make decisions and manage a game. Then factor in a ton of injuries.

I don’t want to derail the thread talking about Bo Pelini but I think he would’ve been awful if put in the same situation.

To circle back around, I DO think there’s a lot of room for improvement on Rhule’s clock management. I just don’t think Pelini could do better.
He had decent talent but there is a lot of revisionist history there too. There were a lot of holes on that roster. I would say he had an easier schedule to start with but I don’t think that’s true. Bo was solid at game management. It helped him win games. He also did himself a service keeping Watson the first year to help continuity.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
If we don't lose Tony White it feels like we're a QB and a couple of skill players away from being a really tough team next year, or am I wrong?

That’s my read on it. This team with a mid QB wins 7-8 games. I.e. we get chubba for the whole year

This team with a mid QB and the WR corp being two years older wins 8-10

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
He had decent talent but there is a lot of revisionist history there too. There were a lot of holes on that roster. I would say he had an easier schedule to start with but I don’t think that’s true. Bo was solid at game management. It helped him win games. He also did himself a service keeping Watson the first year to help continuity.

What were the holes 08-10? The roster really only started declining after that point.

Woulda really helped if any of that last Callahan recruiting class had held together but oh well…

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
A 5.

I’m watching FSU right now. Their head coach went 3-6 and then 5-7 his first 2 seasons. Then 10-3 and right now they’re 11-0.

Rhule has a history of building programs, and we all know the progression. I think we win at least 7 games next year and the year after that we get to 9 or 10.

As long as Rhuke continues to do well on talent evaluation and development and we start stocking more 4* recruits I think the winning will take care of itself. We won’t have to worry about 1 score games because we won’t be playing in that many. He’s got to get a stud QB though.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
A 5.

I’m watching FSU right now. Their head coach went 3-6 and then 5-7 his first 2 seasons. Then 10-3 and right now they’re 11-0.

Rhule has a history of building programs, and we all know the progression. I think we win at least 7 games next year and the year after that we get to 9 or 10.

As long as Rhuke continues to do well on talent evaluation and development and we start stocking more 4* recruits I think the winning will take care of itself. We won’t have to worry about 1 score games because we won’t be playing in that many. He’s got to get a stud QB though.
He might want to unhitch his wagon from satterturd.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds