Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Your confidence level in Rhule after season 1? (5 Viewers)

What is your confidence level in Rhule after season 1 at Nebraska?

• 1 - Lost all confidence. He will fail and we'll need a new coach in next 2-3 yrs

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 6 4.1%

Votes: 33 22.8%

Votes: 56 38.6%
  • 5 - 100% confidence. Would place a decent sized wager on Rhule making us a regular 9-3 program

Votes: 46 31.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
What is your confidence level that Rhule can get Nebraska to a regular 9-3 level program (occasionally 10-2)?

Scale 1-5....1 being least confident. 5 being most confident.
For the poll I voted a solid 4, IMO the end goal of 9-3 isn’t going to be good enough for fans, admin, boosters, etc. I would be “OK” with 9-3 being our record on a BAD year.

EDIT -> In the NEW BIG I guess it depends what 9-3 will look like, will that be an expanded CFP spot, then yes; New Years bowls then yes as well.

Last edited:

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I’m pretty confident Rhule can make us a consistent 7-5/8-4

Give him ten years and you’ll probably get a good enough QB that you contend for the playoff at least once
7-5/8-4 ehhh definitely not good enough IMO.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
You expected something worse than the worst offense in program history and a 4 game skid to miss out on a bowl game? Oof.
Could have easily lost a lot more games. Look at Rhule’s first seasons at Temple and Baylor. We’re ahead of schedule and building a solid foundation.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
If you were confident in Rhule going into this season, I can't imagine your confidence is higher after the season.
I was at 100% confidence going into the season. Only thing that lowered it to a 3/5 is the lack of quality assistants on the offensive side of the ball and Rhule being unlikely to make the changes needed.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
FYI - My vote: I'm a 4.5....still all-in on Rhule. I was a 5 at the beginning of the season.

Only thing that docked Rhule in my mind was:
- terrible misjudgement on Sims
- the odd end-game strategies in a couple games
- a little concerned about Satterfield losing the plot this yr

I think Rhule had a ton of positives he showed in 2023 about the way he runs the program, attention to detail, recruiting operation, accountability in program, overall organization of all 3 phases and of course the great hire that was Tony White (Rhule should get credit for this - he made the hire). He did decently well to keep the team together w no QB options + all the injuries.

I'm really like a 4.75...just don't feel like placing a huge bet on regular 9-3 right now.

seems pretty dead on. I am extremely impressed with the YoY defensive improvement. Arguably the best defense Nebraska has had in the Big 10 era. Even more encouraging given the number of injuries, and the number of walk on players that would ordinarily be major sore spots and instead shined. Ton of experience for young players that in past years wouldn’t have sniffed the field.

At best the grade on offense is incomplete. I don’t necessarily love the current manball direction, but I have a hard time giving a realistic grade given what we’re working with on that side of the ball.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
For the poll I voted a solid 4, IMO the end goal of 9-3 isn’t going to be good enough for fans, admin, boosters, etc. I would be “OK” with 9-3 being our record on a BAD year.

EDIT -> In the NEW BIG I guess it depends what 9-3 will look like, will that be an expanded CFP spot, then yes; New Years bowls then yes as well.
NU fans will find out real quickly that 9-3 in the new B1G/SEC is a very very very very good season.

It's not like Pelini getting 4 cupcake noncon wins + JV Illinois & Purdue every year. That's 6 guaranteed wins that Bo had every year.

2024-and-on is completely different. 9-3 will be very hard to get to for most programs.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Could have easily lost a lot more games. Look at Rhule’s first seasons at Temple and Baylor. We’re ahead of schedule and building a solid foundation.
Didn’t Rhule go with all young guys at his prior stops? If I remember correctly he said Nebraska was a lot different with their experience and talent level.

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Have you been around for the last 10 years?
Yes I have been an avid fan since the 90’s, was at the NC game in the 95, parents have been fans + going to games since the 70’s.

If 7-5 and 8-4 is good, count me out because to me that’s a disgrace and a 💩 record IMO.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
NU fans will find out real quickly that 9-3 in the new B1G/SEC is a very very very very good season.

It's not like Pelini getting 4 cupcake noncon wins + JV Illinois & Purdue every year. That's 6 guaranteed wins that Bo had every year.

2024-and-on is completely different. 9-3 will be very hard to get to for most programs.
That’s true but Bo would have got 6 or more wins out of the team Rhule had this year.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Ceiling for Rhule is regularly 9-3?

The ceiling for this program is immediately beneath the first tier of the big ten, which includes Michigan, Ohio State, and Oregon. These are the only three programs in the conference that are built to win a playoff game in the four team format.

Cockeye, Washington, USC, UCLA, and Penn State are in the tier below. If the schedule breaks right and you have a great QB you can sneak into the playoff, but you won’t win. If we hadn’t mismanaged literally everything since 2013 I think we’re here.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The ceiling for this program is immediately beneath the first tier of the big ten, which includes Michigan, Ohio State, and Oregon. These are the only three programs in the conference that are built to win a playoff game in the four team format.

Cockeye, Washington, USC, UCLA, and Penn State are in the tier below. If the schedule breaks right and you have a great QB you can sneak into the playoff, but you won’t win. If we hadn’t mismanaged literally everything since 2013 I think we’re here.
USC and PSU are for sure a tier above us.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds