Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Where did you TRUTHFULLY think we would be in Year 5 of the Frost Era? (4 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
You wouldn't have to break the bank for a 'solid' type of hire like Monken.

I don't buy the 'meet expectations' argument either. Clearly there are NO expectations given how Frost has survived this long.
An outsider will never have the leash frost has had. He is a unique situation.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
You wouldn't have to break the bank for a 'solid' type of hire like Monken.

I don't buy the 'meet expectations' argument either. Clearly there are NO expectations given how Frost has survived this long.

Why are you worried about money when we’re about to get PAID with the new tv deal? It’s not your money.

If there aren’t expectations we shouldn’t have made Frost take a pay cut.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why are you worried about money when we’re about to get PAID with the new tv deal? It’s not your money.

I think not firing Frost showed the expectations are low if money isn’t a big deal. Any other past Husker coach would have been fired with Frost’s record now.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

I'm not worried about the money. You said that you didn't want to pay big ten money unless it was a home run hire, so it sounded like you were worried about $.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
I can’t wait to hear the arguments explaining why Frost going undefeated at UCF doesn’t matter

licensed-image

chizik-3_4.jpg

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I'm not worried about the money. You said that you didn't want to pay big ten money unless it was a home run hire, so it sounded like you were worried about $.

If you read it that way, I apologize. To clarify..

With the Big Ten money coming in, money shouldn’t be an obstacle and hiring someone who’s proven shouldn’t be tough. That isn’t someone in Monken’s category. I’m sure he’s a good coach. I just don’t wanna throw top end money on a guy who isn’t unequivocally the best coach in the division.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
If you read it that way, I apologize. To clarify..

With the Big Ten money coming in, money shouldn’t be an obstacle and hiring someone who’s proven shouldn’t be tough. That isn’t someone in Monken’s category. I’m sure he’s a good coach. I just don’t wanna throw top end money on a guy who isn’t unequivocally the best coach in the division.
Gotcha. With Monken (or similar) we wouldn't have to pay top end money. We'd upgrade without having to spend a ton of money and buyout would likely be fairly low if he fails to step up and meet expectations as they get higher.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Gotcha. With Monken (or similar) we wouldn't have to pay top end money. We'd upgrade without having to spend a ton of money and buyout would likely be fairly low if he fails to step up and meet expectations as they get higher.

I don’t have an appetite to hire someone who might be slightly better than what we have. Hire someone and pay them top dollar who can meet the expectations here.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I don’t have an appetite to hire someone who might be slightly better than what we have. Hire someone and pay them top dollar who can meet the expectations here.
6+ wins a year would be a massive improvement over Frost. Definitely not a slight improvement.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
6+ wins a year would be a massive improvement over Frost. Definitely not a slight improvement.

I don’t have the appetite to give a dude a shot who wins 6/7 games and doesn’t have a chance to get to national relevance and get absolutely hammered by anyone with a pulse. The “3 plus 3” method doesn’t excite me.

Cockeye fans have been telling us that we should be happy to be there every year and we shouldn’t expect to be any better. Hiring someone with exactly zero ability to compete on the national stage is the ultimate “Fall in line” cuck hire you could make. That’s the category you’re in when you hire someone in that category.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I don’t have the appetite to give a dude a shot who wins 6/7 games and doesn’t have a chance to get to national relevance and get absolutely hammered by anyone with a pulse. The “3 plus 3” method doesn’t excite me.

Cockeyes fans have been telling us that we should be happy to be there every year and we shouldn’t expect to be any better. Hiring someone with exactly zero ability to compete on the national stage is the ultimate “Fall in line” cuck hire you could make. That’s the category you’re in when you hire someone in that category.
I fail to see how a Monken type of hire would be a Cuck move and yet retaining Frost somehow isn't.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
You're saying Monken has "zero ability" to compete on the national stage?

He might have that. Neither of us know how Monken would do at a P5 let alone one with Nebraska level expectations.

I wont have the appetite to take a shot on a guy who might have what it takes if we find ourselves in the market.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
He might have that. Neither of us know how Monken would do at a P5 let alone one with Nebraska level expectations.

I wont have the appetite to take a shot on a guy who might have what it takes if we find ourselves in the market.
That's what you're going to end up with. Nothing about how Nebraska has operated suggests that they're going to go out and woo a slam dunk hire. Maybe Turd is different and will know that he has to go get a Gundy or a Bob Stoops or a Chris Petersen) or whoever, but in all likelihood it's going to be either A. This guy has done more with less (e.g. Jeff Monken, Mike Riley), B. He's a super sexy coordinator, or C. He played for Dr. Tom (e.g. Campbell HC Mike Minter)

Whether any likely option is attractive depends on what one believes about Frost and the possibility he wins more as time approaches infinity

Last edited:

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
That's what you're going to end up with. Nothing about how Nebraska has operated suggests that they're going to go out and woo a slam dunk hire. Maybe Turd is different and will know that he has to go get a Gundy or a Bob Stoops or a Chris Petersen) or whoever, but in all likelihood it's going to be either A. This guy has done more with less (e.g. Jeff Monken, Mike Riley), B. He's a super sexy coordinator, or C. He played for Dr. Tom (e.g. Campbell HC Mike Minter)

Whether any likely option is attractive depends on what one believes about Frost and the possibility he wins more as time approaches infinity

I would place money on Monken being the head coach if Frost is fired. Unlike Bill O’Brien and Turd Alberts who don’t know each other (thumbing my nose at the rumor from last year), Monken and Turd actually know each other and are friends.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

My personal opinion, his program building at Army + how his teams have competed with the likes of OU and Michigan for example, + bowl game victories over P5 opponents, I'd feel good about his prospects of improving Nebraska, given the restrictions and level of talent at Army in comparison to who they play.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds