Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Where did you TRUTHFULLY think we would be in Year 5 of the Frost Era? (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
My personal opinion, his program building at Army + how his teams have competed with the likes of OU and Michigan for example, + bowl game victories over P5 opponents, I'd feel good about his prospects of improving Nebraska, given the restrictions and level of talent at Army in comparison to who they play.

I think you’ll get your wish long before I get mine. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t on Turd’s short list if we moved on in December.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I really wonder if #1 is still true. Again, we have exactly one example of him being successful, so it's a small sample size and UCF was a pretty unique story.

But more than that, his persona with the media has totally gone to shit. There are lots of fans who seem to love him being terrible in press conferences, but it's not going to get you get good coverage.
Yeah like I mentioned in my OP, Frost doesn't even seem like the same guy anymore. He's like the surly and dull older brother of UCF Frost. I really expected we were getting a coach who was youthful, passionate, kinda funny, kinda brash, beloved by his players, etc. He seemed like all of those things when he was making the media rounds in late 2017. Since coming "home" he just seems incredibly uncomfortable all the time. Maybe if he somehow pulls off a miracle turnaround he'll be that guy again.

DOMj1gwV4AEKNUJ

Frost-coach.0.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Yeah like I mentioned in my OP, Frost doesn't even seem like the same guy anymore. He's like the surly and dull older brother of UCF Frost. I really expected we were getting a coach who was youthful, passionate, kinda funny, kinda brash, beloved by his players, etc. He seemed like all of those things when he was making the media rounds in late 2017. Since coming "home" he just seems incredibly uncomfortable all the time. Maybe if he somehow pulls off a miracle turnaround he'll be that guy again.

DOMj1gwV4AEKNUJ

Frost-coach.0.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
no pressure at all at UCF and massive pressure at NU

then he started 0-6 at NU

homie definitely lost his mojo and had no idea what to do

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

DOMj1gwV4AEKNUJ

Frost-coach.0.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Thought. At UCF, he was actually having coaching football just being himself. Here, he's trying to be a mixture of that and a modern version of Tom Osborne. However, it is obvious that even when we win here, he doesn't act like he did at UCF after those wins. Maybe it's because it's not a conference title, but he's all business walking off even after wins here.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Thought. At UCF, he was actually having coaching football just being himself. Here, he's trying to be a mixture of that and a modern version of Tom Osborne. However, it is obvious that even when we win here, he doesn't act like he did at UCF after those wins. Maybe it's because it's not a conference title, but he's all business walking off even after wins here.
You have to beat someone of some significance before you can have that same type of emotional response. He would get roasted for acting like that after the wins he has had.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
no pressure at all at UCF and massive pressure at NU

then he started 0-6 at NU

homie definitely lost his mojo and had no idea what to do
Ehhh, I wouldn't say massive pressure. More like slight/moderate pressure

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds