Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Where did you TRUTHFULLY think we would be in Year 5 of the Frost Era? (2 Viewers)

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I thought for sure by year 5 there would've been at least one 11 win season with some bowl games to talk about.

Mckenzie Milton and a one handed linebacker at UCF were singlehandedly (no pun)enough to cover up how average/below average Scote and most of that staff truly were.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I didn’t think he should be hired so I didn’t have very high expectations. I just didn’t think it would be this much of a shit show.
Who was your preference? I can't even remember who the other candidates were honestly

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Frost was too nice to raid his UCF roster like Lincoln Riley has done to Oklahoma. In fact Frost straight up said he wasn’t going to take current UCF guys. That should have been red flag #1.

He should have brought some of those dudes with him while he had momentum. They loved him down there

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Who was your preference? I can't even remember who the other candidates were honestly

It was Frost or Frost or Frost or Frost or Frost
I wanted them to see if they could pry Gundy from Oklahoma State. I love that guy. Damn good ball coach. Dan Mullen was another guy I thought they should pursue. I also thought Matt Campbell would have been a good choice. I thought a head coach at the power 5 level was important. I thought someone who had showed they could build in states that aren't recruiting meccas was important.

It's all hindsight now and you can't fault Moos for hiring a former national champion from Nebraska that had just gone undefeated at UCF. Likely the biggest issue was that they gave Frost too much power too early.

I actually understood why he brought his whole staff with him. They did all go undefeated together at UCF but that turned out to be the first in many big mistakes.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I wanted them to see if they could pry Gundy from Oklahoma State. I love that guy. Damn good ball coach. Dan Mullen was another guy I thought they should pursue. I also thought Matt Campbell would have been a good choice. I thought a head coach at the power 5 level was important. I thought someone who had showed they could build in states that aren't recruiting meccas was important.

It's all hindsight now and you can't fault Moos for hiring a former national champion from Nebraska that had just gone undefeated at UCF. Likely the biggest issue was that they gave Frost too much power too early.

I actually understood why he brought his whole staff with him. They did all go undefeated together at UCF but that turned out to be the first in many big mistakes.
Obviously Turd can't coach, but my questions turns to: Is the Frost tenure different, or start different, if Turd was the one who hired Frost? Knowing what we know now about how Turd works.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That undefeated season ended up being an albatross for everybody. Convinced Frost he could roll with his G5 staff. Continues to convince fans/admin(?) that he can get the job done despite all of the evidence - if his second season at UCF had been 8-4, he'd probably be fired here by now. And it adds to the narrative that NU is a place where -- for some reason -- nobody can win, not even the guy that won a fake national championship at little ole UCF.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Obviously Turd can't coach, but my questions turns to: Is the Frost tenure different, or start different, if Turd was the one who hired Frost? Knowing what we know now about how Turd works.
No idea. I'd like to think that any AD worth the money would have pulled frost off their list as soon as his AC plan was to keep the band together

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Is the Hoiberg tenure different too?

I don't know we keep finding scapegoats. Something is broken in Nebraska men's athletics.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
No idea. I'd like to think that any AD worth the money would have pulled frost off their list as soon as his AC plan was to keep the band together
Yeah I think Turd would have told him that wasn't going to happen.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I dunno the defensive side has largely been pretty good. And that wasn't considered the strength of the UCF team.

Who would've known that the guys he brought over on the offensive side were the disasters?

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
It really is bizarro world. That Akron game was an omen, psyched to see a well coached team, instead it’s lightning & Akron saying naw we good followed by 0-6. I thought we’d get a coach that players absolutely love, the guy crying after winning the AAC championship & now we can’t retain any players to actually build a god damn thing. Fucking Solich curse is real.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Is the Hoiberg tenure different too?

I don't know we keep finding scapegoats. Something is broken in Nebraska men's athletics.
I don't think the Hoiberg era is any different, no. Either you put in the ball in the hoop or you don't. Any team can get hot at the right time. I also don't follow Nebrasketball really at all so I don't have a good opinion there.

I would say I don't think Frost's PR gets as bad as it has at times. I don't think there's as many rumors. I don't think Turd would have put up with the drunk at certain places rumored incidents, things like that. I think Frost would have been held much more accountable early on. Not sure that changes his W/L, but definitely less distractions.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I don't think the Hoiberg era is any different, no. Either you put in the ball in the hoop or you don't. Any team can get hot at the right time. I also don't follow Nebrasketball really at all so I don't have a good opinion there.

I would say I don't think Frost's PR gets as bad as it has at times. I don't think there's as many rumors. I don't think Turd would have put up with the drunk at certain places rumored incidents, things like that. I think Frost would have been held much more accountable early on. Not sure that changes his W/L, but definitely less distractions.
Yeah any time the football program is bad, rumors are going to start to spread in the fishbowl. You saw it at Auburn this year. They did the exact same thing and someone spread a rumor that he was having an affair to try and fire him for cause. Florida has the fake shark incident with McElwain (who by the way is doing a hell of a job up at Central Michigan).

The PR thing isn't necessarily all his fault in that he can't help people spreading rumors and social media running crazy with that rumor. I suppose it is his fault because that stuff doesn't happen if he would win.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yeah any time the football program is bad, rumors are going to start to spread in the fishbowl. You saw it at Auburn this year. They did the exact same thing and someone spread a rumor that he was having an affair to try and fire him for cause. Florida has the fake shark incident with McElwain (who by the way is doing a hell of a job up at Central Michigan).

The PR thing isn't necessarily all his fault in that he can't help people spreading rumors and social media running crazy with that rumor. I suppose it is his fault because that stuff doesn't happen if he would win.
He stopped wearing his ring which certainly didn't help that situation. As much as a grown man shouldn't have to be told this by another grown man, especially his boss, but Turd probably would have politely asked him to put that back on quickly because of the rumors and what that image looks like, as we all know. I don't think the drunk incidents at the golf course happens under Turd, and probably less time on Golden Tee, assuming that's all true. Maybe it's not.

Either way, winning cures all.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He stopped wearing his ring which certainly didn't help that situation. As much as a grown man shouldn't have to be told this by another grown man, especially his boss, but Turd probably would have politely asked him to put that back on quickly because of the rumors and what that image looks like, as we all know. I don't think the drunk incidents at the golf course happens under Turd, and probably less time on Golden Tee, assuming that's all true. Maybe it's not.

Either way, winning cures all.
But you understand that the fact that people were talking about whether or not the guy is wearing his ring on the sideline is ridiculous right? And the golden tee thing, another internet rumor that got way too much traction.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
But you understand that the fact that people were talking about whether or not the guy is wearing his ring on the sideline is ridiculous right? And the golden tee thing, another internet rumor that got way too much traction.
Absolutely. Some people are wack jobs

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds