Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What 4 teams get in? (3 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So if Georgia wins does FSU make it in? I think yes because then the committee already has its SEC team. I'd like to know the committees answer to this...
I 100% believe this is the case.

Florida State has a head-to-head better resume than Texas. In no world should a 12-1 UT be in over a 13-0 FSU. FSU should be in over Texas.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I don't get this "SEC bias" thing that's going on right now.

If you think of it, the B1G has two teams in the playoffs.

Is it okay with them being B1G bias?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I don't get this "SEC bias" thing that's going on right now.

If you think of it, the B1G has two teams in the playoffs.

Is it okay with them being B1G bias?
john turturro pete hogwallop GIF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Now I have to root for Michigan

Hopefully Michigan and Wash win so that we have two Big Ten teams in the final

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think some people don't understand that they're looking for the four best teams.

Georgia, Ohio State and Oregon are all better than FSU right now.
Just like Oregon was 10 points better than Washington last week. It's all speculation.

On field results have to matter. FSU did more than enough, went 2-0 against the SEC and I'll keep pounding the drum that the eight conference game SEC should be held against them in selection every year. They definitely had a few extra teams during the CFP years because they're eliminating one loss for half their conference. And OSU and Michigan can't avoid one another while Georgia and Alabama rarely play in the regular season. They've played in the regular season twice since the CFP started. It is complete garbage... An uneven playing field.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Excluding FSU was a coordinated effort to destabilize the ACC while setting a precedent that allows more SEC teams into future playoffs.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Just like Oregon was 10 points better than Washington last week. It's all speculation.

On field results have to matter. FSU did more than enough, went 2-0 against the SEC and I'll keep pounding the drum that the eight conference game SEC should be held against them in selection every year. They definitely had a few extra teams during the CFP years because they're eliminating one loss for half their conference. And OSU and Michigan can't avoid one another while Georgia and Alabama rarely play in the regular season. They've played in the regular season twice since the CFP started. It is complete garbage... An uneven playing field.
Why do Georgia and Alabama NEVER play a crossover game in their conference?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Excluding FSU was a coordinated effort to destabilize the ACC while setting a precedent that allows more SEC teams into future playoffs.
I don't agree.

I just think the committee didn't want to deal with the tidal wave of Texas fans & Texas influence going "WE BEAT BAMA HEAD TO HEAD"....

Either way they were gonna have 2 riots to pick from. The committee chose the FSU riot and chose to avoid the Texas riot. They got to hide behind the "FSU weakened by QB injuries" cover....but they would have done the same thing in this scenario even if FSU won 60-3 yesterday w their starting QB.

Committee had to have Bama in. And once Bama is in Texas gets a free pass in because they beat Bama. Committee should have ignores that Texas win over Bama and went with FSU IMHO.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member

Yes. I understand sometimes the underdogs win.

But if Georgia played FSU right now, I think FSU would have their doors blown off.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I don't agree.

I just think the committee didn't want to deal with the tidal wave of Texas fans & Texas influence going "WE BEAT BAMA HEAD TO HEAD"....

Either way they were gonna have 2 riots to pick from. The committee chose the FSU riot and chose to avoid the Texas riot. They got to hide behind the "FSU weakened by QB injuries" cover....but they would have done the same thing in this scenario even if FSU won 60-3 yesterday w their starting QB.

Committee had to have Bama in. And once Bama is in Texas gets a free pass in because they beat Bama. Committee should have ignores that Texas win over Bama and went with FSU IMHO.
They ranked Texas above Bama? Seems Texas was in first.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
FSU controlled everything they could control. They have no say over who gets injured.

Apparently it’s better to be investigated for cheating in-sesthan to have somebody get hurt.
Why is FSU at 5 if the logic is they aren’t the same team as their 11-0 one. Drop their ass more than. Because they sure as fuck aren’t better than Georgia Ohio State or Oregon. Just stupid.

Winning games has to matter.
and Michigan should not be #1 if we are going by eyeball test. That would be Washington, who did one of the hardest things in football by beating an excellent team (arguably the best “eyeball” team not in the playoffs) 2x in a season.

If the committee’s eyeballs didn’t like FSU offense last night, it’s a little hard to see why the deemed Michigan’s good enough for #1.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds