Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What 4 teams get in? (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
But people will still bitch if the 13th team is left out.

That's a big reason they expanded to 4, but here we are bitching about the 5th team being left out.
No doubt. Especially when it goes to 12 teams, there will be a whole lot of programs/teams/coaches who have a whole lot riding on whether or not they make a Playoff in their careers. I'm sure coaches have that kind of thing in their contracts. Missing the cut or making the cut probably should have a more cut and dried definition. At least in the 12 team version there will be an automatic tie-in with winning the conference, if I'm remembering right?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Get what she's saying.

But if it's all about the money, Georgia would be in and not Washington.
Gotta remember: they're "One Of Us" (B1G) going forward. The brand protection began with their announcement to join.

I'll also add: there's genuine SEC fatigue out there in fan land. The majority of CFB fans saw what happened to FSU and were pissed because ... it could easily have been their team on any given year. Do I think Bama could be FSU today? You bet. Do I think that FSU deserved the 4th an final spot? You bet, but ESPN had to protect one of their properties, and they rightly landed on the SEC vs. the ACC ... which is now a ball of twine waiting to unravel in the courts this offseason.

Gonna be interested to watch this tumultuous landscape disintegrate even further as the ramifications of the CFB Playoff Committee's decision continue to send tremors throughout the AD offices across the country. The pulled the pin and tossed the grenade in favor of $$$, and any AD that was "content" to try and keep their team in their current conference not named the B1G or the SEC just sat up in their office chairs and went, "Oh, shit! I need to make some calls NOW!"

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
They set up a no win game for FSU. If they beat UGA, it's because UGA was disinterested and if they lose it validates this fucky decision.
Right it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. We knew the committee would fuck it in the ass somehow.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Edit -

Sorry Zach Galifianakis GIF

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
They might as well brand the Playoff as reality tv. Unbelievable that they can just determine the outcome by what they think will make better tv viewing instead of letting the sport play out as a sport. What other sport has higher ups who would ever run things this way?
Basketball is really the same way. Just a lot more teams getting in. Everyone that wins conference tourney gets in but the rest of the teams are picked and seeding is based on feels/tv ratings.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds