Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What 4 teams get in? (1 Viewer)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Because everything outside of 4 doesn’t really matter? Feel bad for leaving them out and give them a consolation 5, wgaf
It’s a cop out. Those spots do matter though in terms of other bowls, $$$ and prestige. If the metric is subjective to best…then rank them accordingly. Not this chicken shit half assed stuff.

But it’s still a load of shit. Winning ultimately is what matters….or should.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s a cop out. Those spots do matter though in terms of other bowls, $$$ and prestige. If the metric is subjective to best…then rank them accordingly. Not this chicken shit half assed stuff.

Well winning won’t matter next year as much when we have a 12 team playoff. Hopefully FSU comes out and kicks ass in their bowl.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
If Michigan played FSU, I could see that game being like 24-3.

A completely lopsided snooze fest.

No thanks.

Obviously, could be wrong.

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member

Amen. This "good loss" shit is just that.

herbie tarlek

Linebacker
If you leave out FSU for an injury and still put them at 5 over Georgia? I dont understand that and why then don't you leave out Michigan who has plenty of public evidence out their of cheating and gaining an unfair advantage. How they are even allowed to continue is another great display of how broken college football is at this point. Every level of football has a legit playoff with the exception of this one, instead a group is allowed to hand out invites in a room. Let the teams decide it not power brokers and tv providers.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you leave out FSU for an injury and still put them at 5 over Georgia? I dont understand that and why then don't you leave out Michigan who has plenty of public evidence out there of cheating and gaining an unfair advantage. How they are even allowed to continue is another great display of how broken college football is at this point. Every level of football has a legit playoff with the exception of this one, instead a group is allowed to hand out invites in a room. Let the teams decide it not power brokers and tv providers.
You’re getting your wish next year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Florida St really got fucked over by that early season Texas win over Bama. If Texas would have beaten anyone else with that noncon game - even if it was Ohio State or Oregon...i think I Texas would have been left out.

I think that the committee REALLY wanted this 4:
  1. Michigan
  2. Washington
  3. SEC champion
  4. Florida State
The SEC champ was never ever ever ever ever going to get left out of this CFP. ESPN/SEC run the thing. So Alabama is your 1-loss SEC champ - fine, they're in. And FSU is your 4th team at 14-0.

I think the committee would have preferred this 4. Problem is, Texas beat Bama, so they felt like they couldn't leave Texas out. So FSU gets fucked. This royally sucks for them because if UGA won yesterday I GUARANTEE you that Texas would have been left out for FSU. I don't blame the Noles for being very pissed off.

If you accept that the SEC champ has a guaranteed spot, an 13-0 ACC champ should be in over a 12-1 B12 champ.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
12 teams is definitely enough to figure out who the top team is in the country. 8 would have probably been sufficient.
agreed. by the time you are debating between #12 and #13 it's all 2 and 3 loss teams who could have just lost fewer games

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds