Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Things that make me rage - Shitty OL Play

This team is defined by the QB coach. When you have 4 years to either find a QB who can pass or coach a QB to throw accurately and this is what we have now, you don't deserve to coach anymore.
Now do the guy who employs this guy. And just so happens to be a former QB. This team and program is defined by no one but the head man.

C79567E2-8C2E-4A51-B50B-0D575812D0F9.png

2D574C9C-B028-41BC-AA9B-223E137B8C4A.png

27984613-912D-45B6-AB47-A849EDE5B6CC.png

I don’t understand why we’re having Cam trying to block the 7. This protection scheme is shit. This play resulted in a sack btw. If we do this shit again Buffalo they’re going to have 5-6 sacks. This was awful

Martinez’s long scramble play from a different perspective

did they really disguise the blitz that well or was the O line’s communication just that shitty? Piper just watched that guy run by him for fucks sake

also did one of the WRs in the bottom of screen run the wrong route? Looks like they run into each other. Kind of a cluster fuck

did they really disguise the blitz that well or was the O line’s communication just that shitty? Piper just watched that guy run by him for fucks sake

also did one of the WRs in the bottom of screen run the wrong route? Looks like they run into each other. Kind of a cluster fuck

Yikes Pieper

That is really tough... I would be curious what @slattimer would think.

The way how I understand pass pro....

1631588960738.png

It looks like they have man slide it. So the right side of the line slides and essentially zone blocks it. The left side is man.

The only way you get the ILB is if Turner and Pieper catch it early enough and exchange.

It is a well designed blitz, but I frankly think it was a dumb call at this part of the field.

That is really tough... I would be curious what @slattimer would think.

The way how I understand pass pro....

View attachment 4821

It looks like they have man slide it. So the right side of the line slides and essentially zone blocks it. The left side is man.

The only way you get the ILB is if Turner and Pieper catch it early enough and exchange.

It is a well designed blitz, but I frankly think it was a dumb call at this part of the field.
Part of this IMO is on the QB and the C. It's obviously 0 coverage. There are no high safeties, so you better be expecting a 6 man pressure. They send 5 and drop the 6 man out. I think Half-Slide is not a good idea here. Either way, I don't like Piper's set. If it's half-slide, his man is going out, got to pass that off to the tackle and expect a pick or that Mike threatening. Either way, I'd want to go to a full slide protection here so you protect the middle first. It's a really good blitz because most teams will slide so protect the backside of the QB, and that's who drops out. But at least the QB knows he'll have strong side pressure in his fast and he can throw hot at that side.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back