Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Things that make me rage - Shitty OL Play (2 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
They better start to have answers for teams that constantly spike and play games away from the back. NW especially does this with great success.
So let me ask this, who is this fuck up on?

To me, I get the guy spiked to the B and that is technically the OGs gap. But isn't this on Jaimes for letting him cross his face?

Ethan sure is in a hurry to chase that safety. I wish they would be slower to climb. Just take care of the box and this is a great play. Especially in the red zone.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
So let me ask this, who is this fuck up on?

To me, I get the guy spiked to the B and that is technically the OGs gap. But isn't this on Jaimes for letting him cross his face?

Ethan sure is in a hurry to chase that safety. I wish they would be slower to climb. Just take care of the box and this is a great play. Especially in the red zone.
I don’t know exactly what they’re running. Looks like some sort of mid zone, but no doubles. OL looks to take off at a 45 and climb immediately to second level if they’re uncovered. If that’s the case. Than it’s on jaimes. Can’t let guys cross face. Ideal world. That’s pipers as he spikes to his gap. RBs path seems a little tight for mid zone IMO.

should have had a clue presnap a spike/ slant was coming. Look at how the D is aligned. They have 5 defends head up on the left TE on out. Basically 5 on 3 out there. Out of necessity of gap control. Some one has to come into the B to be sound IMO.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Nw was basically giving us the middle finger with how light they were playing the box and shutting us down
Anytime we were in 10 personnel they pirated away from the back. Essentially the middle finger to any type of b to b zone play. We’ve talked about this in this thread a lot I think.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I don’t know exactly what they’re running. Looks like some sort of mid zone, but no doubles. OL looks to take off at a 45 and climb immediately to second level if they’re uncovered. If that’s the case. Than it’s on jaimes. Can’t let guys cross face. Ideal world. That’s pipers as he spikes to his gap. RBs path seems a little tight for mid zone IMO.
See I thought it was an IZ given what the RBs aim point is. Is it OL footwork that tells you it is mid?

I don't get why we are in such a hurry to fucking climb to 3rd level (Pieper).

To me I wouldn't want Jaimes to let him cross his face regardless. Nut up and if he is going to cross your face put him 3yds downfield so RB can read your block.

I also want Pieper to be slower before climbing. So he could potentially help.

I just wish we were better situationally being smart. There isn't much benefit to you chasing a safety vs getting a double and sure up blocking the box.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
why can't we add the power I to our offense, just for goal line situations or something?

why does everythign have to be out of the shotgun?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
why can't we add the power I to our offense, just for goal line situations or something?

why does everythign have to be out of the shotgun?
Because you would be adding more run schemes to an already diverse running playbook.

I felt after this game Frost was better at red zone play calling but haven't studied it all.

I'm fine with a goal line package where you go under center, but at the 10+ I think is a different animal.

I will say one of our best red zone plays was QB Iso with Mills leading up.

I sure hope they're investing a lot into what they can do better. We were 4th in total offense but 12th in scoring offense in the B1G. That shouldn't be. Special teams and finishing drives were two big reasons there.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Because you would be adding more run schemes to an already diverse running playbook.

I felt after this game Frost was better at red zone play calling but haven't studied it all.

I'm fine with a goal line package where you go under center, but at the 10+ I think is a different animal.

I will say one of our best red zone plays was QB Iso with Mills leading up.

I sure hope they're investing a lot into what they can do better. We were 4th in total offense but 12th in scoring offense in the B1G. That shouldn't be. Special teams and finishing drives were two big reasons there.
why can't the schemes we have be used with power I?

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Things that make me rage....watching other teams have an offensive identity...even those butt dart Fleckers.

Ohio State is already show casing what their offense. Tight Zone, Counter, 4 Verts, Crossing Routes, Quick Screens

Minny is show casing theirs. Inside/Outside Zone, with a ton of RPOs. And using a shit ton of Big Fucking humans blocking, over/under OLs.

What is our identity....Fuck.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Things that make me rage....watching other teams have an offensive identity...even those butt dart Fleckers.

Ohio State is already show casing what their offense. Tight Zone, Counter, 4 Verts, Crossing Routes, Quick Screens

Minny is show casing theirs. Inside/Outside Zone, with a ton of RPOs. And using a shit ton of Big Fucking humans blocking, over/under OLs.

Fleck is getting that stripper’s butthole tonight if he pulls this one off

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

That “jumbo set” they used to get their 2nd TD still has me a little jazzed up. I used to love Stanford’s version of it, too.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds