Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Things that make me rage - Shitty OL Play (1 Viewer)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
@slattimer what's your thoughts on this play?

Tough to tell given the angle.

IZr with that arrow option?
Is the defense lined up right? LBs are shaded heavy to the left.
Is that how the center is so supposed to block this? Love the physicality but shouldn't he be trying to climb to MLB?
If we block the 3 tech it seems like this is set up better.

Feel like it's Duo based on how the C comes off and the play of the right side of the OL is playing. The way the defense is shaded gives them a clear advantage because the angles to LBs aren't great.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
@slattimer what's your thoughts on this play?

Tough to tell given the angle.

IZr with that arrow option?
Is the defense lined up right? LBs are shaded heavy to the left.
Is that how the center is so supposed to block this? Love the physicality but shouldn't he be trying to climb to MLB?
If we block the 3 tech it seems like this is set up better.

Is it unreasonable to ask if Martinez should have audibled out of that play?

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Is it unreasonable to ask if Martinez should have audibled out of that play?
Could, but I don't think that's a dead play if they handle the 3 tech at all. Based on the structure of the defense at the snap, that should have been a cut back all day, but the RB couldn't. If the Mike is outside on Duo, the RB either plunges through or cuts back.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Could, but I don't think that's a dead play if they handle the 3 tech at all. Based on the structure of the defense at the snap, that should have been a cut back all day, but the RB couldn't. If the Mike is outside on Duo, the RB either plunges through or cuts back.
Yaa the 3 tech fucks this play.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
@slattimer what would you call this play?

Looks like wide zone except I have no clue what the OL is doing.

That's a bash sweep with a sprint-out concept to the left side. The OL in sprint-out protection, QB reads the EMOL for give/keep. If he gets a keep read, he runs the sprint-out concept to the left side.

You can see the WRs to the left side running a flat/corner concept.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
That's a bash sweep with a sprint-out concept to the left side. The OL in sprint-out protection, QB reads the EMOL for give/keep. If he gets a keep read, he runs the sprint-out concept to the left side.

You can see the WRs to the left side running a flat/corner concept.
So does the OL basically fuck with the LBs to slow them up so the RB can win to the corner?

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
So does the OL basically fuck with the LBs to slow them up so the RB can win to the corner?
Kind of, it's a good false key.

But it's an RPO, not in the sense most people thinking of, you read one guy, if he goes for the sweep, QB pulls and runs the sprint-out, reading the flat defender.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Kind of, it's a good false key.

But it's an RPO, not in the sense most people thinking of, you read one guy, if he goes for the sweep, QB pulls and runs the sprint-out, reading the flat defender.
That just seems like an odd play design.

Can't say I am the biggest fan because you basically have 2 guys unblocked and trying to false key them to beat them.

I almost wonder if you run plays like this to fuck with how fast the LBs play to set up other run plays if that makes sense.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Chaz put together a nice little article on our o-line that is worth skimming.

Link

Kaladin

Elite Member
The inexperience on the OL is the main reason to expect this season to be a disaster, imo
I think the line is talented enough that the season won't be a disaster. But the inexperience makes me think the ceiling might be 6-7 wins.

Kaladin

Elite Member
If we could go out and get an experienced RG from the transfer portal that would be huge for us.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the line is talented enough that the season won't be a disaster. But the inexperience makes me think the ceiling might be 6-7 wins.
Yeah I hope that talent plays well beyond it's years, but the inexperience is not a great indicator of a step forward

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds