Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

im-395358

"This chart says we’re partying like it’s 1999" https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...tying-like-its-1999-11630611012?siteid=yhoof2

I'm mostly riding the wave to save for a down payment on a house, probably early next year. Hopefully I can cash out before the bubble bursts...
Ya I am not going to be very long when I start hearing about the fed increasing rates.

Now on the flipside if Biden keeps up the shitty jobs numbers the fed wont increase the rates.

Probably a good idea to look at some backtests with a start date in Jan 2000 and an end date around 2006 or so, see what comes out looking decent.

And if you wanna talk overvaluation? Current S&P 500 P/E ratio is around 38x, which is crazy enough. Tesla's P/E ratio is ten times that. Also they just announced that the Cybertruck is delayed.

I think it will dip but it won't burst. 2008 will never happen again. Right now house demand is high, low inventory, and pretty much everything out there I a low-risk fixed rate loan. Compared to 2008 when there was high inventory, lower demand and almost no regulation on lending. Inflation is getting a little out of control but we'll see a big dip and then it will average out over 2022. IMO
Yeah, plus speculative/flips are what...almost under 4%. First time buyers are above 20%. It's inventory driven for sure. Until new home permits increase a great deal, I doubt we see much drawback.

Ya I am not going to be very long when I start hearing about the fed increasing rates.

Now on the flipside if Biden keeps up the shitty jobs numbers the fed wont increase the rates.
We are over a year away from increases based on what Powell said... unemployment is at 5.2%, so we should be well within the target when that comes.

Does anyone have any Cardano or ETH? I got in pretty early in both. Still holding. It was originally something to just diversify my portfolio but lately crypto is the only thing making me legit big gains.

Does anyone have any Cardano or ETH? I got in pretty early in both. Still holding. It was originally something to just diversify my portfolio but lately crypto is the only thing making me legit big gains.
I own a bit of Cardano myself. Just threw some in a while ago to hold and it's done well for me.

Lotta stuff in the red this morning. I've been wanting to add some more CURE, and it's down about 3% at the moment. Might add some more DRN too, it's down 4%.

RYMHFHx.gif

I JUST WANT UAMY TO POP OVER A FUCKING DOLLAR AND RUN FOR A DAY OR TWO.

Loaded up a bunch of $1 calls....any movement will result in a nice little payday.

My portfolio is running pretty hot right now. I am looking to trim and wait for another pull back.

What do you guys think of Sam Adams? Had a really bad earnings call, but stock seemed to have settled and trading sideways.

@Savedatmoney

Also, caught $CRWD at 232 a couple weeks ago.... 275 today... I will take that.
Sam Adam’s after hours….ouch

if you're looking for ultra safe I'm long on Nelnet

I am tracking the rest of the year with the holidays as my markers (haloween, thanksgiving, christmas)

people don't get it, they are gonna get paid regardless of what Biden does and they have known the golden goose was ending for years now (they will be ready to pivot and I want in)

if you're looking for ultra safe I'm long on Nelnet

I am tracking the rest of the year with the holidays as my markers (haloween, thanksgiving, christmas)

people don't get it, they are gonna get paid regardless of what Biden does and they have known the golden goose was ending for years now (they will be ready to pivot and I want in)
🤔

Interesting. Is your belief that Biden is going to do more student loan forgiveness and NELNET is going to pivot to _______? I'm truly curious what you're anticipating here.

🤔

Interesting. Is your belief that Biden is going to do more student loan forgiveness and NELNET is going to pivot to _______? I'm truly curious what you're anticipating here.

Either Biden does nothing and the Golden Goose of millennials making payments barely above the interests minimums and the money keeps flowing to fund Nelnet’s many other investments.

or

Biden/Harris/somebody gives some sort of student loan “relief” and Nelnet still gets paid BUT (likely) in 1 large lump sum. Given time value of money + the current opportunity to buy due to tons of businesses/properties getting hurt by Covid = Nelnet probably wants Biden and the boys to do a student loan “relief” so they can get a check for a Billion or so and then either stockholders get a dividend or they buy buy buy and the stock goes higher via acquiring existing business.

inflation highest in 40 years

crime highest in 40 years

spending highest since end of WW2

Unemployment highest in 40 years

The ole “ignore that, look at my thumb!”

cf49ebf6-8cd2-4d48-b559-ad2548194ef6_text.gif

PS: fun fact, Joe Biden had already been a United States Senator for 6 years when Animal House came out.

The inflation continuing to rise and unemployment rising with even more Government paid for ability to remain unemployed (or underemployed) is bigger factor in a future crash than anything.

hence why “Delta is gonna rape and murder your entire family if you don’t let Biden do illegal things” is now the talking point

Example:

The delta is worse than Covid ever was takes have almost 100% been due to Biden’s poor performance in almost every measurable statistic people (media) typically judge a POTUS on.

The only reason it’s not 100% is because there are some true believers nut jobs who don’t understand the con cuz they are huge dorks. (Ex: Brian Seltzer)

PS: not saying I blame Biden for everything, but the delta hysteria is a distraction attempt

But I was told highest inflation in 40 years is totally fine?

d2fbef9a226c4af4155358570ae6841b909b7521.gifv

But I was told highest inflation in 40 years is totally fine?

d2fbef9a226c4af4155358570ae6841b909b7521.gifv

What does that first chart even show? Are these higher/lower than estimates...is that what they consider a "data surprise"?

I didn't read either article, but I'm certainly not worried about inflation.

What does that first chart even show? Are these higher/lower than estimates...is that what they consider a "data surprise"?

I didn't read either article, but I'm certainly not worried about inflation.

I think the chart is about growth dropping off a cliff (we have been below every estimate this year, often way below) and inflation rising higher than Nancy Pelosi's eyebrows.

I'm not worried either, tanking in historic fashion so quickly is great news for Midterms.

ron-swanson-creepy-smile.gif

I think the chart is about growth dropping off a cliff (we have been below every estimate this year, often way below) and inflation rising higher than Nancy Pelosi's eyebrows.

I'm not worried either, tanking in historic fashion so quickly is great news for Midterms.

ron-swanson-creepy-smile.gif
Yeah, the chart isn't actuals...it's basically estimates vs actuals. Inflation has been higher than expected, growth estimates lower than expected. Not really a meaningful chart at all...or at least not a perspective that we didn't already know.

Inflation discussion will largely subside in late '21 and probably be gone by midterms in '22. I doubt it will be a top 10 issue in midterms. 5-6% growth for '21 and 4.5-5% in '22 is probably not a number the GOP is going to be able to hammer Biden on, lol. They should just keep hammering him on Foreign Policy and Immigration and that should swing the House and Senate.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back