Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who saw their stock rise/fall? (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I gotta say I was pretty underwhelmed by most of what I saw. Hopefully the recruits didn't notice. Who made a flash and who pooped their pants?

To me the biggest surprise was TE A.J. Rollins. He not only looked serviceable but he made some plays. For me he went from "who cares" to "throw him the ball".

I thought Garrett Nelson, Jimari Butler and Blaise Gunnarson flashed some abilities which is something we needed from guys in that position.

I was confused on Casey Thompson's lack of playing time so he is hard to analyze but Logan Smothers looks like Luke McCaffrey 2.0. I thought Chubba Purdy looked better. Unfortunately all of the QBs looked strange at times because our OL would collapse and the QBs had to try to improvise a ton so they all made some weird looking throws.

QB1: Casey
QB2: Chubba
QB3: Whoever doesn't hit the portal

At RB Yant, Grant and Johnson looked like our trio for the season. Markese Stepp is a special teams coverage guy if anything now.

OL - Whoa, Nelly. I can't tell who crapped their pants bigger.....Benhart, Banks or....ok, ok, it was Ezra Miller. Jamari Butler chucked him into another dimension on one play.

Did anyone notice Lutovsky or Niouli? I didn't notice them but after yesterday's OL performance that might actually be a positive.

Probably the biggest load dropped in their shorts was K Chase Contreras. Good God, man 3 other kickers haven't even reported for duty yet so Saturday was your shot to make an impression and it looked like he spent too much time with Conner Culp. Chase, as soon as you are done changing your underwear head on down to the portal office.

The new punter, Buschini, did a flash/poop/flash/poop routine that had my head spinning.

Overall I was confused by the player usage. I get that we don't want anybody getting hurt but did Omar Manning even play? Casey Thompson barely played. It was odd.

Does anybody feel more comfortable about Frost's roll of the dice on a must win season after what they saw yesterday? I don't.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I don’t think you can really form any opinions from the game at all.

Offense, QB barely played, RBs were down on touch, Our top 3 TEs didn’t play, our top 5 WRs barely played and two of our top OL were out and what we had left was split on 2 separate units.

We may very well be a bad team next year. But there was nothing anyone saw in the spring game to draw that conclusion.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Ezra Miller got absolutely bitched by Jimari Butler who is a project. The day he does not see the field in serious fashion is a good day for Husker Football

DB better be right In saying this offense will look different cause we won’t score 10 a game with what we showed yesterday

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Well, every Soring we looked somewhat good, we played horribly in the Fall.

So if we look like shit in the Spring, we may play good in the Fall.

Patrick Dangerfield Thinking GIF by geelongcats

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I gotta say I was pretty underwhelmed by most of what I saw. Hopefully the recruits didn't notice. Who made a flash and who pooped their pants?

To me the biggest surprise was TE A.J. Rollins. He not only looked serviceable but he made some plays. For me he went from "who cares" to "throw him the ball".

I thought Garrett Nelson, Jimari Butler and Blaise Gunnarson flashed some abilities which is something we needed from guys in that position.

I was confused on Casey Thompson's lack of playing time so he is hard to analyze but Logan Smothers looks like Luke McCaffrey 2.0. I thought Chubba Purdy looked better. Unfortunately all of the QBs looked strange at times because our OL would collapse and the QBs had to try to improvise a ton so they all made some weird looking throws.

At RB Yant, Grant and Johnson looked like our trio for the season. Markese Stepp is a special teams coverage guy if anything now.

OL - Whoa, Nelly. I can't tell who crapped their pants bigger.....Benhart, Banks or....ok, ok, it was Ezra Miller. Jamari Butler chucked him into another dimension on one play.

Did anyone notice Lutovsky or Niouli? I didn't notice them but after yesterday's OL performance that might actually be a positive.

Probably the biggest load dropped in their shorts was K Chase Contreras. Good God, man 3 other kickers haven't even reported for duty yet so Saturday was your shot to make an impression and it looked like he spent too much time with Conner Culp. Chase, as soon as you are done changing your underwear head on down to the portal office.

The new punter, Buschini, did a flash/poop/flash/poop routine that had my head spinning.

Overall I was confused by the player usage. I get that we don't want anybody getting hurt but did Omar Manning even play? Casey Thompson barely played. It was odd.

Does anybody feel more comfortable about Frost's roll of the dice on a must win season after what they saw yesterday? I don't.
We had 2 punters wear the same number. The poops weren’t buschini

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver

Just a side note…I believe I read somewhere that neither frost nor wipple were calling plays. I think it was said the GAs were doing it

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
My biggest bitch from the spring game, is if you’re going to just waste one of your 15 practices, why have it at all? Just run 15 normal practices and open one up to fans if they bring a kid along.

Unless they think the value of the Memorial Day atmosphere for recruiting is more valuable than 1 extra practice which I think there’s a solid argument for.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My biggest bitch from the spring game, is if you’re going to just waste one of your 15 practices, why have it at all? Just run 15 normal practices and open one up to fans if they bring a kid along.

Unless they think the value of the Memorial Day atmosphere for recruiting is more valuable than 1 extra practice which I think there’s a solid argument for.
1. Recruiting
2. Recruiting
3. Fan engagement and good for the economy. Which helps…recruiting.

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
OLine is complete dogshit. If Teddy and Turner don't come back healthy and dramatically change that, we r super fucked no way around it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds