Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Ah, ok...I wasn't really referencing the Covid stuff. I don't necessarily agree but I'm not sure I pay attention enough to Covid hysteria to have a good gauge on it. Brian Seltzer is an absolute goober though.

My favorite Seltzer moment was when he confirmed that Hannity exclusively called him “Humpty Dumpty” when they met at a restaurant in NYC.

No irony, no joking, just was like “yes he kept referring to me as Humpty Dumpty”

Still makes me laugh and I don’t even like Hannity or watch any Fox News

Since Draft Kings has been mentioned a few times here...

USS_abb_2955blue_300dpi_rgb.jpg

m8GGj6.gif

You know, I'm not too crazy about mornings when I take a quick glance and realize every single one of my holdings is in negative territory for the day. I should probably not look so often....

Edit: Alright, ten minutes later and at least one of my holdings is in the black, lol.

Last edited:
Love that market is up on taper news...Powell is such a god damn pro. Cushion and let it price in...love it.

Welcome to September! Anybody looking to buy some dips?

bttt2-5bfd864a46e0fb0026404361

1f2n6BK.jpg
I'm not even sure "history" applies anymore to the market. I noted that chart ended in 2017, and since that time the market has had an unprecedented run and whipsawed through a global pandemic, followed by an unprecedented flood of cash and Fed purchasing. I have absolutely no faith in trying to "time" a market move in today's financial waters. Buy good companies led by good management with a competitive differentiator in a business segment/sector you believe in and profit.

Those dips look tasty, tho!

The last three Septembers have been pretty much flat overall, ending the month about where they began. If you see a dip, I'd buy it! 🤷‍♂️
My portfolio is running pretty hot right now. I am looking to trim and wait for another pull back.

What do you guys think of Sam Adams? Had a really bad earnings call, but stock seemed to have settled and trading sideways.

@Savedatmoney

Also, caught $CRWD at 232 a couple weeks ago.... 275 today... I will take that.

My portfolio is running pretty hot right now. I am looking to trim and wait for another pull back.

What do you guys think of Sam Adams? Had a really bad earnings call, but stock seemed to have settled and trading sideways.

@Savedatmoney

Staying away- but the commercials are funny.

also- don’t think the hard Mountain Dew is going to pan out how they want. Have you ever seen pictures of Mountain Dew mouth? Now picture that on a bunch of drunk people.

@Savedatmoney

I’ve held CRWD for a while. Nice to see this run. Whew!

I think it will dip but it won't burst. 2008 will never happen again. Right now house demand is high, low inventory, and pretty much everything out there I a low-risk fixed rate loan. Compared to 2008 when there was high inventory, lower demand and almost no regulation on lending. Inflation is getting a little out of control but we'll see a big dip and then it will average out over 2022. IMO

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back