Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Quarter-season stock up/stock down (1 Viewer)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
What's everyone's thoughts on some of these guys 1/4 of the way into the season? These are just some guys that, off the top of my head, seemed to be a bit more hot button coming into the year.

Nick Henrich
Ethan Piper
Turner Corcoran
Jeff Sims
Heinrich Haarberg
Nash Hutmacher
Ty Robinson
Bryce Benhart
John Bullock
Alex Bullock
Billy Kemp

For my money:
Nick Henrich - Stock up. Has looked much better in this D

Ethan Piper - Stock down. I thought he played great against Minnesota but has been atrocious since

Turner Corcoran - Even. He still sucks at LT.

Jeff Sims - Stock down. Hold on to the damn ball.

Heinrich Haarberg - Stock up. You can win a lot of games with a good running game, good D and good ball security. If HH plays like last night, he provides 2/3 of those.

Nash Hutmacher - Stock up. Hes been very steady in the middle.

Ty Robinson - Stock up. Not the pass rusher the young guys are, but hes had some push and isnt getting destroyed downhill.

Bryce Benhart - Stock up. Hes not going to be elite, but he's been much more steady than years past.

John Bullock - Stock up. Him and Reimer defin lead the way at LB.

Alex Bullock - Even. He's been about as advertised. Not spectacular but has had his moments.

Billy Kemp - Stock down. Has had one decent game so far for a guy that came in advertised as a high end slot guy.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Nick Henrich - too slow for P5
Ethan Piper - better last night but still not P5 caliber.
Turner Corcoran - way down. Guy is awful.
Jeff Sims - god awful
Heinrich Haarberg - stock up bigly
Nash Hutmacher - up bigly as well
Ty Robinson - should only be used to spell Nash. Stock down.
Bryce Benhart - took a dive last night, but still overall up on the year.
John Bullock - up bigly
Alex Bullock - would be a fantastic 5th or 6th WR. Stock even.
Billy Kemp - way down. Slow and small.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nick Henrich - too slow for P5
Ethan Piper - better last night but still not P5 caliber.
Turner Corcoran - way down. Guy is awful.
Jeff Sims - god awful
Heinrich Haarberg - stock up bigly
Nash Hutmacher - up bigly as well
Ty Robinson - should only be used to spell Nash. Stock down.
Bryce Benhart - took a dive last night, but still overall up on the year.
John Bullock - up bigly
Alex Bullock - would be a fantastic 5th or 6th WR. Stock even.
Billy Kemp - way down. Slow and small.
For the most part, you and I are I'm agreement here, but you've gotta be trolling on Henrich. Hes played very well this year.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
For the most part, you and I are I'm agreement here, but you've gotta be trolling on Henrich. Hes played very well this year.
Nah. He ain't good. Super duper slow. Bet half of tpb could beat him in a footrace

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nah. He ain't good. Super duper slow. Bet half of tpb could beat him in a footrace
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just confirmed you're trolling then. Cause otherwise you just confirmed you're not intelligent and I don't wanna be mean this morning.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ethan Piper - Stock down. I thought he played great against Minnesota but has been atrocious since

Heinrich Haarberg - Stock up. You can win a lot of games with a good running game, good D and good ball security. I
I pretty much agree.

Henrich has done well. I would say Piper's best game was probably last night. Also, it's a lot easier to establish a running game against a team with no offense because you keep getting the ball back.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just confirmed you're trolling then. Cause otherwise you just confirmed you're not intelligent and I don't wanna be mean this morning.
I suppose he's a good depth piece and no doubt has a good understanding of the defense, but he shouldn't get any snaps over Reimer, Bullock, or Gbayor.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Gbayor and Wright both deserve a mention. before the year I think they were guys who we'd have been happy to get any production from at all, now both are getting reps and playing well

Singleton was an unknown and basically an afterthought 6 weeks ago. he and Brown are our best safety combo in at least a decade

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What's everyone's thoughts on some of these guys 1/4 of the way into the season? These are just some guys that, off the top of my head, seemed to be a bit more hot button coming into the year.

Nick Henrich
Ethan Piper
Turner Corcoran
Jeff Sims
Heinrich Haarberg
Nash Hutmacher
Ty Robinson
Bryce Benhart
John Bullock
Alex Bullock
Billy Kemp

For my money:
Nick Henrich - Stock up. Has looked much better in this D

Turner Corcoran - Even. He still sucks at LT.

Jeff Sims - Stock down. Hold on to the damn ball.

Heinrich Haarberg - Stock up. You can win a lot of games with a good running game, good D and good ball security. If HH plays like last night, he provides 2/3 of those.

Nash Hutmacher - Stock up. Hes been very steady in the middle.

Ty Robinson - Stock up. Not the pass rusher the young guys are, but hes had some push and isnt getting destroyed downhill.

Bryce Benhart - Stock up. Hes not going to be elite, but he's been much more steady than years past.

John Bullock - Stock up. Him and Reimer defin lead the way at LB.

Alex Bullock - Even. He's been about as advertised. Not spectacular but has had his moments.

Billy Kemp - Stock down. Has had one decent game so far for a guy that came in advertised as a high end slot guy.
Only person I don’t agree with is Ty Robinson. Dude has been trash. Feel we’ve been getting smoke blown up our ass because Scouts love his size but what has he done? Definitely was a down grade from Lenhardt in the Colorado game.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I suppose he's a good depth piece and no doubt has a good understanding of the defense, but he shouldn't get any snaps over Reimer, Bullock, or Gbayor.
I dont think Gbayer played any inside this week. Started at Jack.

Speaking of Jack I'd say MJ Sherman stock down. Got a sack last night but otherwise he's been on a milk carton.

Butler stock up. Has made more plays in less than half the snaps of Sherman.

Gbayer stock up. Most people forgot he was on the team coming into the year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds