Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Futures for the opening bell on Monday currently looking FUGLY, presumably because of the Chinese Tech crackdown. And inflation. Can't forget about inflation. And whatever new variant they're told to start talking about this week. Can't forget about that pesky pandemic.

Futures for the opening bell on Monday currently looking FUGLY, presumably because of the Chinese Tech crackdown. And inflation. Can't forget about inflation. And whatever new variant they're told to start talking about this week. Can't forget about that pesky pandemic.
China debt stuff is sort of alarming...plus folks be rotating as they know Power Penis Powell gonna start that real taper talk Wednesday.

I'm not even sure "history" applies anymore to the market. I noted that chart ended in 2017, and since that time the market has had an unprecedented run and whipsawed through a global pandemic, followed by an unprecedented flood of cash and Fed purchasing. I have absolutely no faith in trying to "time" a market move in today's financial waters. Buy good companies led by good management with a competitive differentiator in a business segment/sector you believe in and profit.

Those dips look tasty, tho!

You still thinking unprecedented bull run with no September dip?

Futures....

friends sleep GIF

D27CD144-D2F7-4D3D-ACA2-BC0D07312AA3.png

Watching my porfolio this morning:

Arrested Development Gob Bluth GIF
Yesterday was a FUGLY day to be long in equities. Got a little recovery bounce this morning, but I suspect tomorrow is going to be another big sell-off day as the Chinese markets re-open on Wednesday.

Unless their government interjects themselves into this real estate crisis, things might get ugly overnight and spill over to our markets tomorrow.

Of course it they DO wave a magic “made-in-China” wand over this thing, the markets here will have a nice bounce.

Sell, buy, or sidelines? What’s a poor retiree to do? Volatility creates opportunities. 🤔

Could be a great time to buy the dip, but the situation in China definitely adds a layer of uncertainty to it.

Well, my equities have recovered nicely, but now treasuries are tanking...

sCNkvU3.gif

I’m currently in training to get my series 7 and 63 so I can give you guys shit advice in no time
My first job after graduating college was working for Merrill Lynch as an Investment Advisor. We called ourselves Stock Brokers back then. But that was a long time ago. I still know just enough to be dangerous, mainly to myself. I did great picking stocks for my clients but absolutely terrible when I bought Stocks for only myself. Had a couple times I received what could be considered Insider Information. Both of those stocks tanked, luckily I was worried ethically so I didn't put anyone in them after I got the info.

Anyone here have a good feel on Toast (TOST)? I know the stock price is overvalued right now - but my wife got laid off there about a year ago and she accumulated about 500 shares, then they gave her an option for another 500 at a $7 locked in price until 2028. They did a 1 to 5 split about a month ago so we’re sitting on about 2500 shares with the option to buy another 2500 at $1.41/each. Should we be selling as quick as we can and re-distributing?

Anyone here have a good feel on Toast (TOST)? I know the stock price is overvalued right now - but my wife got laid off there about a year ago and she accumulated about 500 shares, then they gave her an option for another 500 at a $7 locked in price until 2028. They did a 1 to 5 split about a month ago so we’re sitting on about 2500 shares with the option to buy another 2500 at $1.41/each. Should we be selling as quick as we can and re-distributing?
That’s an absolutely disgusting ROI since it’s currently trading at $54. I see no reason not to immediately sell the stocks back once you acquire them.

That’s an absolutely disgusting ROI since it’s currently trading at $54. I see no reason not to immediately sell the stocks back once you acquire them.

That was my thought as well, sell - dump that money in our existing portfolio - let our tax guy deal with the ramifications at the end of the year.

Best severance package ever

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back