Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Locks down the country for what? Tia

inflation highest in 40 years

crime highest in 40 years

spending highest since end of WW2

Unemployment highest in 40 years

The ole “ignore that, look at my thumb!”

cf49ebf6-8cd2-4d48-b559-ad2548194ef6_text.gif

PS: fun fact, Joe Biden had already been a United States Senator for 6 years when Animal House came out.

we buying the NMG dip @LoudHogRider ?
Indeed. I love adding to long-term (3-5 year window) holdings on soft days. Not a dadburned thing changed with their business since yesterday, so a good time to dollar cost average for this one. I did the same thing with AMD the last few months and it FINALLY popped a little. I think that one still has a lot of room to run - hope I'm right about that!

Indeed. I love adding to long-term (3-5 year window) holdings on soft days. Not a dadburned thing changed with their business since yesterday, so a good time to dollar cost average for this one. I did the same thing with AMD the last few months and it FINALLY popped a little. I think that one still has a lot of room to run - hope I'm right about that!

got 250 at 6.64 so I'm down to 6.95 avg which I feel like is a very safe no matter how long I hold

Boyz, what are we thinking on the infrastructure bill? Rumors about winners and losers, etc etc?

I'm gonna hold on to my US Steel and Ford because they seem like they will benefit from a Government spending spree, especially since both kissed the ring of Biden.

Boyz, what are we thinking on the infrastructure bill? Rumors about winners and losers, etc etc?

I'm gonna hold on to my US Steel and Ford because they seem like they will benefit from a Government spending spree, especially since both kissed the ring of Biden.
Caterpillar?

I started buying NUCOR Steel (NUE) at $51. Wish I had MOAR of it, but at today's closing price of $106.67, Imma fat and happy on this one.

Cramer went over some technical analyst today that was rather..............well.....................

Terrifying Tv Land GIF by Throwing Shade

Basically the Dow is having the same chart as 1929.

Crazy how this is coming up with talks of the bull shit spreading and lock downs.

Cramer went over some technical analyst today that was rather..............well.....................

Terrifying Tv Land GIF by Throwing Shade

Basically the Dow is having the same chart as 1929.

Crazy how this is coming up with talks of the bull shit spreading and lock downs.

The inflation continuing to rise and unemployment rising with even more Government paid for ability to remain unemployed (or underemployed) is bigger factor in a future crash than anything.

hence why “Delta is gonna rape and murder your entire family if you don’t let Biden do illegal things” is now the talking point

Example:

The inflation continuing to rise and unemployment rising with even more Government paid for ability to remain unemployed (or underemployed) is bigger factor in a future crash than anything.

hence why “Delta is gonna rape and murder your entire family if you don’t let Biden do illegal things” is now the talking point

Example:

Fuck can't let covid go away.. Can't lose our power. - fucking idiot dems

Also, how the fuck is the cdc able to issue this.....

Who the fuck elected them to make decisions like this?

Don't worry we had a big miss this morning on jobs number report by ADP.

The Biden economy.

No wonder why him and kamala approval are tanking. But no mean tweets. That's key

Fuck can't let covid go away.. Can't lose our power. - fucking idiot dems

Also, how the fuck is the cdc able to issue this.....

Who the fuck elected them to make decisions like this?

Don't worry we had a big miss this morning on jobs number report by ADP.

The Biden economy.

No wonder why him and kamala approval are tanking. But no mean tweets. That's key

Congress and the senate refused to extend it and instead had the Executive use the CDC to extend it despite the Supreme Court literally just ruling that it was unconstitutional.

Best Case: they are doing this because it will at minimum take a month to get up to the Supreme Court to rule on this being unconstitutional again. So it buys them 1 month.

Worst Case: they did this knowing that the Supreme Court will again rule it unconstitutional, so that they can point the finger at the Supreme Court to help them with PR when they attempt to pack the Court.

Either way, if we had a normal media this would be a huge scandal and covered 24/7 like the faux impeachment’s were.

Example:

This seems alarmist, imo. We've already seen the rate of inflation subsiding in PCE/Trimmed CPI...plus I'm not sure what you're talking about with "rising unemployment"... especially after today's numbers. I'm assuming we have a ~10% drawback in markets when the Fed starts tapering, but I'm not sure there is anything showing crash outside of conjecture and speculation. Chart technicals are nonsense anyways, imo.

I'm assuming we have a ~10% drawback in markets when the Fed starts tapering, but I'm not sure there is anything showing crash outside of conjecture and speculation.
This is why I'm not going crazy buying. I'm still pretty long now.

Seems like Financials think a rate increase is coming

This is why I'm not going crazy buying. I'm still pretty long now.

Seems like Financials think a rate increase is coming
Yeah, definitely coming in early-mid '23 for sure....maybe earlier, which would be good. I think with employment coming back to full and macros looking good, you should see tapering start here in the next 3-6 months, which is good. The Fed has been pretty solid on communicating moves, so I'm hoping they get everyone primed for it so we don't see the moderate shock that China had. I think people just need to be ready for the next cyclical trade when it happens.

This seems alarmist, imo. We've already seen the rate of inflation subsiding in PCE/Trimmed CPI...plus I'm not sure what you're talking about with "rising unemployment"... especially after today's numbers. I'm assuming we have a ~10% drawback in markets when the Fed starts tapering, but I'm not sure there is anything showing crash outside of conjecture and speculation. Chart technicals are nonsense anyways, imo.

The delta is worse than Covid ever was takes have almost 100% been due to Biden’s poor performance in almost every measurable statistic people (media) typically judge a POTUS on.

The only reason it’s not 100% is because there are some true believers nut jobs who don’t understand the con cuz they are huge dorks. (Ex: Brian Seltzer)

PS: not saying I blame Biden for everything, but the delta hysteria is a distraction attempt

The delta is worse than Covid ever was takes have almost 100% been due to Biden’s poor performance in almost every measurable statistic people (media) typically judge a POTUS on.

The only reason it’s not 100% is because there are some true believers nut jobs who don’t understand the con cuz they are huge dorks. (Ex: Brian Seltzer)

PS: not saying I blame Biden for everything, but the delta hysteria is a distraction attempt
Did you not see that idea managed to get 106% of the country vaccinated? COVIDS OVER

That fucking idiot, he checks the numbers to make sure he doesn't piss his pants on national TV and then proceeds to shit himself.

poop sneezing GIF

Ah, ok...I wasn't really referencing the Covid stuff. I don't necessarily agree but I'm not sure I pay attention enough to Covid hysteria to have a good gauge on it. Brian Seltzer is an absolute goober though.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back