Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Shitty memes thread / husker or nonhusker related I don’t care

87276803.jpg

Thankfully I have moved up in the world and live in MO now! Although I do hunt and own rentals in IL.
Same here. The day after my daughter left for college I moved from Illinois to Missouri full time. Only been back once since then and of all things blew the hub assembly out on my boat trailer driving through Illinois.

Same here. The day after my daughter left for college I moved from Illinois to Missouri full time. Only been back once since then and of all things blew the hub assembly out on my boat trailer driving through Illinois.
Didn’t know whether to “like” this post for being a fellow defector, or to cry for you for the trailer trouble, but I appreciate a fellow defector. My rentals In IL were all VERY reasonably priced. Our home in OFallon is over 3x more valuable, but the taxes are $400/yr less than the most valuable IL property.
That state SUCKS!

Didn’t know whether to “like” this post for being a fellow defector, or to cry for you for the trailer trouble, but I appreciate a fellow defector. My rentals In IL were all VERY reasonably priced. Our home in OFallon is over 3x more valuable, but the taxes are $400/yr less than the most valuable IL property.
That state SUCKS!
I was in Chicago then later Rockford. In Rockford a dated 2 bedroom 1 bath 950 sq ft cabin on the Rock River was going to cost me only $130,000 but the property taxes were $6,700/year. Add in $210/month for Flood insurance plus high home owners insurance and you are talking some hefty mortgage payments for a shithole. I showed my friends Rockford that I could buy a nice 5 br 4 bath 3,500 sq ft house in Osage Beach on the Lake of the Ozarks for $340,000 and have roughly the same monthly payment. As the taxes for that were only $2,050/year and the house was high enough above the water that lenders did not require Flood Insurance. Most houses down here don't need Flood Insurance as long as they are built 4 feet about full pool, 660 ft above sea level is full pool. Granted this was 7 years ago and prices have changed. Actually the house on the Rock River sold for like $165,000 last year but a 3,500 sq ft house in Osage beach would be going for around $700,000 right now.

I was in Chicago then later Rockford. In Rockford a dated 2 bedroom 1 bath 950 sq ft cabin on the Rock River was going to cost me only $130,000 but the property taxes were $6,700/year. Add in $210/month for Flood insurance plus high home owners insurance and you are talking some hefty mortgage payments for a shithole. I showed my friends Rockford that I could buy a nice 5 br 4 bath 3,500 sq ft house in Osage Beach on the Lake of the Ozarks for $340,000 and have roughly the same monthly payment. As the taxes for that were only $2,050/year and the house was high enough above the water that lenders did not require Flood Insurance. Most houses down here don't need Flood Insurance as long as they are built 4 feet about full pool, 660 ft above sea level is full pool. Granted this was 7 years ago and prices have changed. Actually the house on the Rock River sold for like $165,000 last year but a 3,500 sq ft house in Osage beach would be going for around $700,000 right now.
I know full well the prices down there lol! I tried unsuccessfully to convince my wife we needed a rental down there a few years ago when prices were half what they are now.
It’s become a fun hobby to show her the prices of places down there from time to time to show her how much $ we missed out on. Then I just ask her if she wishes she were able to retire tomorrow, because that could have been her reality 😄
Edit: Rockford is an absolute shithole. Not unlike Peori, where we have rentals, but the return is sick.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back